2023 MVP Race

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

flapackfan wrote:
22 Dec 2023 11:20
Acrobat wrote:
04 Dec 2023 12:50
Obviously don't want to get ahead of myself here, but if Love keeps on his current pace from the last 3 games or even slightly comeback back to earth AND the Packers make the playoffs, he will have finished the season with over 4,000 yards, over 30 TD's and somewhere between 12-14 INT's. Even more impressive though, he would bring a team that lost its All Pro LT and Pro Bowl RB for the majority of the season and is throwing to WR's/TE's who are 1st and 2nd year players.

I think he would at least need to be in the conversation.
In the past the final week or two, seemed to not matter with voting having already taken place.
Does Love make the Pro Bowl (games) this year? Or, better question, is he deserving?

I'm not sure if they take 3 or 4. But who is better than him in the NFC? Dak, Purdy, Goff, ???? He has similar stats as Hurts with much less talent around him.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’d put Dak, Purdy, Goff, Hurts, and Stafford over Love. Only 3 get in. One likely makes the SB and at least one will likely drop out because the pro bowl is a joke so he is probably right on the edge of getting in.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Dec 2023 11:43
I’d put Dak, Purdy, Goff, Hurts, and Stafford over Love. Only 3 get in. One likely makes the SB and at least one will likely drop out because the pro bowl is a joke so he is probably right on the edge of getting in.
I'd probably add Baker Mayfield to that list. He is quietly having a pretty good year, even when he's not facing Joe Barry's defense.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

[mention]APB[/mention] and [mention]williewasgreat[/mention]

Yeah guys. I acknowledged the Jets game. It was actually the very first counterpoint that I acknowledged in my OP. Guess what? It's one game. By that logic, do you think that Aaron Rodgers should not have won MVP in 2011 because Matt Flynn came in and threw for 480 yards and 6 TD's against a solid Lions squad in Week 17?
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Papa John wrote:
22 Dec 2023 14:41
@APB and @williewasgreat

Yeah guys. I acknowledged the Jets game. It was actually the very first counterpoint that I acknowledged in my OP. Guess what? It's one game. By that logic, do you think that Aaron Rodgers should not have won MVP in 2011 because Matt Flynn came in and threw for 480 yards and 6 TD's against a solid Lions squad in Week 17?
Yep. Matt Flynn clearly should have won it. :aok:

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

APB wrote:
22 Dec 2023 15:49
Papa John wrote:
@APB and @williewasgreat

If you think Flynn should have won it, then that is a conclusion that you arrived at on your own. That is not what I'm saying or insinuating at all. But I think you knew that.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Who broke [mention]Papa John[/mention]'s avatar? :mrgreen:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Papa John wrote:
22 Dec 2023 16:12
APB wrote:
22 Dec 2023 15:49
Papa John wrote:
@APB and @williewasgreat

If you think Flynn should have won it, then that is a conclusion that you arrived at on your own. That is not what I'm saying or insinuating at all. But I think you knew that.
I actually am in agreement with you on much of what you’re saying. My point with my last post was 1) tongue in cheek and 2) to point out the yearly illogical conclusions the league draws in their MVP voting. I don’t think a QB has earned a “most valuable “ designation this year but I bet the award goes to one of them.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
22 Dec 2023 07:58
I'm voting for YOOP for 2023 MVP. :aok:
:hide: :beer2: :aok:

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

TheSkeptic wrote:
22 Dec 2023 08:38
MY_TAKE wrote:
28 Nov 2023 16:24
IMO, Mahomes is the MVP. He is the best QB and KC would probably be a .500 team without him. If the Packers had him we would probably be a 1 or 2 seed right now. Thats how I feel. The guy is ridiculously good. Record and QBR and his talent around him backs up my opinion I think.
I disagree. The Packers might be 8-6 instead of 6-8. No more than that. And fyi, if Christian Watson had been healthy all season, the Packers would be 9-5 or better. If Bakh and Watson and Campbell and Alexander had been healthy all season, the Packers would be 12 and 2.

Check that, if Bakh and Watson and Campbell and Alexander had been healthy all season (and Barry had been replaced last spring), the Packers would be 12 and 2.

I could care less about regular season MVP. It is a popularity contest. The only individual honor worth having is SB MVP.
Mahomes has definitely had a down year. When I wrote that message I felt he was carrying the team and he was. Yes superbowl MVP is more important, but that wasn't the topic.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

APB wrote:
21 Dec 2023 05:45
MY_TAKE wrote:
04 Dec 2023 15:27
Prescott and Purdy are probably the favorites right now, but it will matter what happens down the stretch. Should be fun to watch.
Prescott has struggled of late as has Jalen Hurts. That leaves Brock Purdy as the front-runner.

I'd argue Purdy isn't even the MVP on his own team, let alone the entire league.
In the end someone has to win. Hurts and Prescott have been quite average as of late. Purdy still doing good. Many argue for Mccaffrey and thats valid. I personally would just about always vote QB over RB. Its just more important and way more difficult to play, thus thats why its become a QB award.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

MY_TAKE wrote:
24 Dec 2023 15:40
APB wrote:
21 Dec 2023 05:45
MY_TAKE wrote:
04 Dec 2023 15:27
Prescott and Purdy are probably the favorites right now, but it will matter what happens down the stretch. Should be fun to watch.
Prescott has struggled of late as has Jalen Hurts. That leaves Brock Purdy as the front-runner.

I'd argue Purdy isn't even the MVP on his own team, let alone the entire league.
In the end someone has to win. Hurts and Prescott have been quite average as of late. Purdy still doing good. Many argue for Mccaffrey and thats valid. I personally would just about always vote QB over RB. Its just more important and way more difficult to play, thus thats why its become a QB award.
Tyreek probably has the same argument as Mccaffrey or at least similar.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I still think it’s either CMC or Lamar. Jackson just lost another RB to injury. His receivers are pretty mediocre IMO and he lost his top target in Andrews halfway through the year. He’s doing the most with the least to me.

CMC should straight up win if it wasn’t a QB award or he was in the game like 25 years ago. He’s still got 3 games to go and has 20 total scores and 1800 total yards.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

There goes Purdy for MVP.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Lamar's playing at a Michael Jordan level. McCaffrey is playing at a Larry Bird level. If I had a vote I'd push for Co-MVPs.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 25 Dec 2023 21:59, edited 1 time in total.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Ravens came to play tonight. Niners got humbled.