Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

flapackfan
Reactions:

Post by flapackfan »

Raptorman wrote:
21 Dec 2023 18:39
flapackfan wrote:
21 Dec 2023 17:07
Not like our division has been a "murderer's row", but from 2001-2019 Brady played the AFC East for 6 games a year. Of the teams in that Division, name 1 team in Brady's era, for 1 season, that was memorable?
2008 Dolphins.
Memorable because of #4 being traded, and it's quick to start. Not because of results!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Dec 2023 16:18
But MAN, that one. :puke:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop was right, and let the record show I agreed with him then, you guys were being PC over Love being the future. He's the guy. Call it.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
24 Dec 2023 21:44

Yoop was right, and let the record show I agreed with him then, you guys were being PC over Love being the future. He's the guy. Call it.
You and I both know the people that come strong with takes are punished severely on this forum.

“Werent you the one who said…” etc happens all the time.

Gotta give Yoop credit, he spouts straight fire with no regard to the haters
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Dec 2023 22:16
You and I both know the people that come strong with takes are punished severely on this forum.

“Werent you the one who said…” etc happens all the time.
Yup, very true. But I never do that.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

I didn't see the game, just bits and pieces on NFL Red Zone. From all I can gather and the clips I saw I think we found yet another keeper QB. If we can fix the D some of our ST issues our future looks pretty bright.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pugger wrote:
24 Dec 2023 23:12
I didn't see the game, just bits and pieces on NFL Red Zone. From all I can gather and the clips I saw I think we found yet another keeper QB. If we can fix the D some of our ST issues our future looks pretty bright.
The offense for next year could be really good. They were good at times this year too, but I think you know what I mean. Gotta keep Watsons hammy good an I really like Wicks becoming the # 2. Nothing against Doubs but I think Wicks will be better. Having two good tight ends( i actually like Kraft better, but time will tell) could pose real problems for opposing defenses.. The more snaps Love gets the better. The future certainly looks bright for him an he is and can get better. Improve O line and running game and now were talking.

Hopefully something good will happen for the defense because otherwise they can lose alot of games while scoring 30.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

FYI

You members have seen me talk about QBR a few times here. Well, Jordon Love has now cracked the top 10 in the NFL with his latest performance. He keeps getting better!!!! Stats are not everything but this is a really nice trend. :clap: :clap: :lol:

I wonder what kind of odds I can get on Jordon Love winning MVP next year. I need him to tank a couple games to get a little longer odds because things are looking up. Honestly, and maybe I am too much of homer, but I think he will be in the conversation next year. Probably have to win the division though to have a good chance.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Quite frankly I don't know how much happier I could be about Jordan Love's season outside of Love pulling out a last drive vs Atlanta or not having a bomb game vs like the Raiders.

The dude has been so impressive.

No real run game.
The Oline has been up and down
The receivers are the youngest group in the league with Doubs being the "wiley vet"
The defense hasn't been supportive
All the star players and leaders on the Packers have been injured

And yet this dude has kept the team straight and has performed so very well. Just so impressed with Jordan Love
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

MY_TAKE wrote:
25 Dec 2023 02:22
FYI

You members have seen me talk about QBR a few times here. Well, Jordon Love has now cracked the top 10 in the NFL with his latest performance. He keeps getting better!!!! Stats are not everything but this is a really nice trend. :clap: :clap: :lol:

I wonder what kind of odds I can get on Jordon Love winning MVP next year. I need him to tank a couple games to get a little longer odds because things are looking up. Honestly, and maybe I am too much of homer, but I think he will be in the conversation next year. Probably have to win the division though to have a good chance.
In order for him to be MVP you need the D to show up. You need great stats but the Ws put you over the top.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Love earned the 10th season in Packers history of a QB throwing two-plus pass TD and zero INT in seven-plus games (Others: Aaron Rodgers 7 times & Brett Favre 2 times).

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

The data is accumulating that indicates Love is ALREADY a top ten QB, or at least very close to it.

The Love haters should just get on board now. (It just sounds wrong to say "Love haters" doesn't it?)

The stuff that Love has done has been with a very knocked up bunch of skill guys. Just amazing work he's done.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The problem I have with Love is pretty Packers inflicted. We are going into the last year of his deal and he looks like a good QB but not a great one. His deep ball is really bad and more times than not this season he really hasn’t been able to convert to seal a game away.

While he has looked good at times he’s also looked really bad, like bottom of the eagle bad but he’s done enough to get paid like a great QB. You overpay for great. You don’t overpay for good.

I would engage in negotiations until next season and see if he can improve his game to game consistency. The defense has pet him down at the end of the season for sure but they did their part the first half of the season and that’s when he was letting his team down.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Dec 2023 21:42
The problem I have with Love is pretty Packers inflicted. We are going into the last year of his deal and he looks like a good QB but not a great one. His deep ball is really bad and more times than not this season he really hasn’t been able to convert to seal a game away.

While he has looked good at times he’s also looked really bad, like bottom of the eagle bad but he’s done enough to get paid like a great QB. You overpay for great. You don’t overpay for good.

I would engage in negotiations until next season and see if he can improve his game to game consistency. The defense has pet him down at the end of the season for sure but they did their part the first half of the season and that’s when he was letting his team down.
Seeing competent starting QBs are about as rare as hen's teeth and a team cannot function on offense without one most starting QBs are vastly overpaid. It comes with the territory, only a small handful are elite. Love probably will never be elite but he doesn't need to be for us to win with him. Until the other night the 49ers were winning with Purdy and they still might go far with him because he is surrounded by a lot of really good players. Love will grow and develop with our young WRs and TEs. All we need is a more consistent running game and an average defense and ST.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

16 4,038 28 13
15 3,587 27 11

Rodgers had Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Finley, Lee
Love has Watson, Doubs, Reed, Wicks, Musgrave, Kraft

Let me know what isn't elite about Love.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Trudge wrote:
26 Dec 2023 23:41
16 4,038 28 13
15 3,587 27 11

Loves deep ball is horrendous. He’s the 6th least accurate passer down the field. It’s a fantasy stat but he’s 3rd highest in poor passes on the year.

He needs to clean up his mechanics badly which should be his strength at this point in his career. It’s leading to his passes sailing or falling short. Consistency in his accuracy is a major problem for him year one.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Dec 2023 23:51
Trudge wrote:
16 4,038 28 13
15 3,587 27 11

Loves deep ball is horrendous. He’s the 6th least accurate passer down the field. It’s a fantasy stat but he’s 3rd highest in poor passes on the year.

He needs to clean up his mechanics badly which should be his strength at this point in his career. It’s leading to his passes sailing or falling short. Consistency in his accuracy is a major problem for him year one.
What QB doesn't have some weaknesses? Every single QB has some part (or parts) of their game that is (are) not great. We could sit here and discuss this about every QB.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Dec 2023 23:51
Trudge wrote:
16 4,038 28 13
15 3,587 27 11

Where are you drawing these stats and conclusions from? The data I am seeing does not correlate to the conclusions you are drawing.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php

I would also say Love has already done exactly as you you have repeatedly claimed he needs to do: improve on his accuracy and consistency. Love absolutely had glaring issues early in the season but he has already cleaned up much of it as evidenced by his weeks 9-16 performance measures.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advance ... nd_week=16