2020 Dynasty League Discussion

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

I've got all my cuts done (on paper) for all three of my dynasties, it wasn't easy. That said, anyone on my team is available trade. I favor trades that favor me :)

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Anyone looking for a RB hit me up. Have two young RB’s that will be starters this year.

Also some young talented WR’s with potential.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I think my cut downs will end up looking quite a bit different than I would have expected a week ago. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing or just a thing.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yeah.

That's right.

The TBLS made my final roster

:lombardi:
image.png
image.png (310.12 KiB) Viewed 376 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Need [mention]Trudge[/mention] to cut 2 more, [mention]Waldo[/mention] to cut 2 more and [mention]Backthepack4ever[/mention] to cut 2 more as well.

Try to get to it soon or me and Yoho will have to do it for you.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Man that Jordan Reed cut was hard for me. I own him in all of my dynasties, and he has killed me for years. I feel with all the pain I have put up with, I should get some reward and it should be Kittle going down and him becoming the all star and staying healthy for once. It will probably happen now that I have released him into the wild. :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
07 Sep 2020 06:52
Need @Trudge to cut 2 more, @Waldo to cut 2 more and @Backthepack4ever to cut 2 more as well.

To be fair to those guys, we just called today cutdown day. Didn't put a time on it.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Sep 2020 09:04
BF004 wrote:
Need @Trudge to cut 2 more, @Waldo to cut 2 more and @Backthepack4ever to cut 2 more as well.

To be fair to those guys, we just called today cutdown day. Didn't put a time on it.
The disrespect...
YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Aug 2020 12:31
BF004 wrote:
23 Aug 2020 10:58
Generally been Sunday night week before, get a chance to go through waivers before the first game Thursday.

Also, isn’t FA normally locked at this time?
There is no normal; in the past the draft was about to happen or just happening. Last year was the first year with the early draft and free agency was on some weird weekly thing I think, but that was mostly an accident. The intent of the earlier draft was to have free agency open during camp so people could add and drop fringe guys based on rumors and whatnot.

Since we decided not to make any changes based on a brief discussion of going later due to lack of info, the original cutdown date should still stand, right?
YoHoChecko wrote:
04 May 2020 09:40
Below I have the past two years' schedules. Building off of that, I propose the following for this year:

July 6, 2020 (Monday) - Rookie draft begins
- Drafted players added to the rosters by commissioners
- If you have more than 4 draft picks, ensure that you have roster space for all picks

July 20, 2020 (Monday) - Waiver open; add/drop permitted within player limit, until....

September 7th (Labor Day, Monday) - Cutdown Day. All rosters must be at 29 active + 3 IR by noon.

Quibble with those dates if you must. Or... make it easy and let's all go with the flow :mrgreen:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
07 Sep 2020 10:43
Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Sep 2020 09:04
BF004 wrote:

The disrespect...
YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Aug 2020 12:31
BF004 wrote:
23 Aug 2020 10:58
Generally been Sunday night week before, get a chance to go through waivers before the first game Thursday.

Also, isn’t FA normally locked at this time?
There is no normal; in the past the draft was about to happen or just happening. Last year was the first year with the early draft and free agency was on some weird weekly thing I think, but that was mostly an accident. The intent of the earlier draft was to have free agency open during camp so people could add and drop fringe guys based on rumors and whatnot.

Since we decided not to make any changes based on a brief discussion of going later due to lack of info, the original cutdown date should still stand, right?
YoHoChecko wrote:
04 May 2020 09:40
Below I have the past two years' schedules. Building off of that, I propose the following for this year:

July 6, 2020 (Monday) - Rookie draft begins
- Drafted players added to the rosters by commissioners
- If you have more than 4 draft picks, ensure that you have roster space for all picks

July 20, 2020 (Monday) - Waiver open; add/drop permitted within player limit, until....

September 7th (Labor Day, Monday) - Cutdown Day. All rosters must be at 29 active + 3 IR by noon.

Quibble with those dates if you must. Or... make it easy and let's all go with the flow :mrgreen:
Ah, sorry. I missed that part.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packfntk wrote:
07 Sep 2020 07:49
Man that Jordan Reed cut was hard for me. I own him in all of my dynasties, and he has killed me for years. I feel with all the pain I have put up with, I should get some reward and it should be Kittle going down and him becoming the all star and staying healthy for once. It will probably happen now that I have released him into the wild. :lol:
My last cut was kind of tough, Jimmy Graham, but honestly seeing guys like Reed and Greg Olsen already on the cut list, made it easier to throw away Graham, knowing can get a similar quality play or even Jimmy back if I need later.

Sounds like he is having a great camp, but I still have very low expectations.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

BF004 wrote:
07 Sep 2020 13:21
Packfntk wrote:
07 Sep 2020 07:49
My last cut was kind of tough, Jimmy Graham, but honestly seeing guys like Reed and Greg Olsen already on the cut list, made it easier to throw away Graham, knowing can get a similar quality play or even Jimmy back if I need later.

Sounds like he is having a great camp, but I still have very low expectations.
Yeah, all those dudes are toast after this year no matter what. They may be able to help you for a couple games but that’s it. It’s the long play that I went with on some of my dudes. Still looking to make moves.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Roster up to par. Sorry fellas

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
07 Sep 2020 15:48
I moved Trey Burton to the IR for you to get down to 29.

For Trudge, I released Lamar Miller and Cameron Brate, while adding Mariota to IR

For Waldo, he was carrying 2 Ks and 2 Ds, so I released K Slye and Eagles D from his bench.

For Titletown Tyrants, I put Damien Harris on IR.

ANNND we're all set

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

YoHoChecko wrote:
07 Sep 2020 19:19
Backthepack4ever wrote:
07 Sep 2020 15:48
I moved Trey Burton to the IR for you to get down to 29.

For Trudge, I released Lamar Miller and Cameron Brate, while adding Mariota to IR

For Waldo, he was carrying 2 Ks and 2 Ds, so I released K Slye and Eagles D from his bench.

For Titletown Tyrants, I put Damien Harris on IR.

ANNND we're all set
Sorry dude, I was actually at 29 and forgot my claim for jameis went through.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Packfntk wrote:
07 Sep 2020 19:43
Sorry dude, I was actually at 29 and forgot my claim for jameis went through.
No worries. I saw that, myself. I just know that on the site activity just says "cornish edited your lineup" or roster, so I wanted to document each move. It's no sweat off my back pressing a couple extra buttons.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

BF004 wrote:

Oh come on, the day is not over, you could have waited a bit.

Not sure who you cut tbh, def my extra kicker, but who is the other.

Edit, I see, D#2

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Big trade:

BF gets James Robinson, UDRFA, penciled in week 1 starter in Jacksonville after releasing Fournette and Armstead beginning the year on the COVID/Reserve list

I released Larry Fitzgerald for the move, long tenure with that man, but he's just not going to help me win.

Nick gets back in the draft game getting a 2021 4th.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Good luck buddy! Needed roster room and Just picked him off the pile, so at least I got something from you stingy bastards! :lol:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Waldo wrote:
07 Sep 2020 21:40
BF004 wrote:

Edit, I see, D#2
I have quoted the calendar like 4 times. It says noon. I waited 8 hours and my releases were backup K and D. I posted exactly what moves I made when I made them. Could I have waited until the next morning? Sure. But I'm not gonna feel guilty about moving along with the plan as posted.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Sep 2020 11:43
Waldo wrote:
07 Sep 2020 21:40
BF004 wrote:

Edit, I see, D#2
I have quoted the calendar like 4 times. It says noon. I waited 8 hours and my releases were backup K and D. I posted exactly what moves I made when I made them. Could I have waited until the next morning? Sure. But I'm not gonna feel guilty about moving along with the plan as posted.
;)