Packers @ Vikings GDT: Sunday, Dec. 31st, 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Dec 2023 22:28
Love is so likable
You can just see it in the players.

They LOVE their quarterback.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
31 Dec 2023 22:26
I thought in October we were going to have to invest heavily in the offense in the draft...now I can only think of LT, C, and RG as actual holes.
Not sure LT is even a real hole. Maybe he can go to RT and Tom go to C.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
31 Dec 2023 22:33
go pak go wrote:
I thought in October we were going to have to invest heavily in the offense in the draft...now I can only think of LT, C, and RG as actual holes.
I honestly don't think we have holes on offense. As even Meyers has become serviceable and I think Rhyan can be your RG.

But I certainly think there are positions we can upgrade. And those three spots are that.

But yes. Walker has played fantastic the last 6 weeks or so. He has become an average LT in this league.

I'm keeping Tom at RT. He is just so good there.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
31 Dec 2023 22:29
go pak go wrote:
Well I was just hoping for another great performance by the offense.

Scored 33 when it should have been 34. The defense gave the offense a short field on one drive but otherwise they did it on their own.

This offense is legit. Still think we should draft at least one Olinemen early in April but otherwise this unit is gold. Defense long run is a mystery. Hoping we find a great DC and system.

A few months ago I kept saying "winning is the best way plug holes" tanking made no sesnse. And boy does it show now. I thought in October we were going to have to invest heavily in the offense in the draft...now I can only think of LT, C, and RG as actual holes.
We also need a 3rd HB candidate. I'm not sold on Wilson.
#2 HB. I don't think Dillon is coming back. I think you pass on him and do whatever you can do to bring Jones back.
Yoop wrote:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
31 Dec 2023 22:12
kampmanfan4life wrote:
31 Dec 2023 22:10
Clifford is in! Great idea to play him in preseason and blowouts!
@bud fox's wet dream!
I think I said Clifford would play before the season ends. Right again.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
31 Dec 2023 22:46
Pckfn23 wrote:
31 Dec 2023 22:12
kampmanfan4life wrote:
@bud fox's wet dream!
I think I said Clifford would play before the season ends. Right again.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
31 Dec 2023 22:36
wallyuwl wrote:
31 Dec 2023 22:33
go pak go wrote:
I honestly don't think we have holes on offense. As even Meyers has become serviceable and I think Rhyan can be your RG.

But I certainly think there are positions we can upgrade. And those three spots are that.

But yes. Walker has played fantastic the last 6 weeks or so. He has become an average LT in this league.

I'm keeping Tom at RT. He is just so good there.
I agree. There is absolutely no reason to replace Walker. They do need a swing tackle backup though.

Myers is serviceable and still young.

JRJ - it depends on the price to resign. Actually he was a better LG than RG although that might have been from playing next to a healthy Bakh. Plus he is the backup center.

Taylor at 3rd RB is not very good, we haven't seen enough of Wilson to know if he is better.

There are no urgent needs on the O. None at all.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
31 Dec 2023 22:06
BF004 wrote:
31 Dec 2023 22:00
If anyone has a ticket open for next Sunday, I’d prolly fill it. Lemme know

Was at the lions week 18 game last year, was awful
[mention]Yoop[/mention] we doing this?? Tailgates on me!!

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

go pak go wrote:
31 Dec 2023 22:40
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
31 Dec 2023 22:29
go pak go wrote:
Well I was just hoping for another great performance by the offense.

Scored 33 when it should have been 34. The defense gave the offense a short field on one drive but otherwise they did it on their own.

This offense is legit. Still think we should draft at least one Olinemen early in April but otherwise this unit is gold. Defense long run is a mystery. Hoping we find a great DC and system.

A few months ago I kept saying "winning is the best way plug holes" tanking made no sesnse. And boy does it show now. I thought in October we were going to have to invest heavily in the offense in the draft...now I can only think of LT, C, and RG as actual holes.
We also need a 3rd HB candidate. I'm not sold on Wilson.
#2 HB. I don't think Dillon is coming back. I think you pass on him and do whatever you can do to bring Jones back.
Definitely need to add quality depth here. Love Jones and he loves green bay but the Packers need more quality options next year. Don't really know what Wilson can really do, because he got hurt right away when good opportunities presented themselves. It was tough when Jones was banged up and only Dillon and Taylor were healthy backs.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Jordan Love is 3-0 on the road against division rivals.
Yoop wrote:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

kampmanfan4life wrote:
What?! They benched Love?

;-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I watched part of the Chiefs/Bengals game. They showed a chart of the 18 AFC teams, only 7 of them still are starting the same starting QB as they were at the start of the season. Wow! I knew the depth of injuries to QBs this year has been remarkable. But...

I don't know the proportion in the NFC. Probably not as bad.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!