Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
30 Dec 2023 11:08
Yoop wrote:
30 Dec 2023 09:13
williewasgreat wrote:
30 Dec 2023 04:38

Jaire has been inconsistent at best since he signed the big contract. It's obvious that he doesn't play all-out at times during games. He's become an injury waiting to happen over the last three years and doesn't appear to want to play through any injuries. The coin flip incident was a major sign of a player simply not caring about his team or teammates. This is all on Jaire and not on the coaches, except for the fact that they may have let it go on too long.
thats just not true Willy, he had 14 pds in 2022 along with 54 tackles, and was selected to the pro bowl, again, he acted like a jerk, true, but we don't know the extent of his injuries this season, and this situation with Barry is even worse then the situation with McCarthy 6 years ago, our QB revolted back then.

this isn't the 60's when players did what they where told, heck even then the most expensive players of that era towed the company line, not so today, again Rasul Douglas started complaining in training camp, then again mid season, and it was such a distraction we traded him, players have been fed up with Barry for almost 2 seasons, Lafleur, being stubborn payed it no mind, that imho is a huge fail from our HC.

all this time I've felt Matt is a players coach, one who listens to them, heeds there advice, imo those type coaches are the winners, players go through the walls for those guys, look at this defense, players lose respect when a coach doesn't heed common sense advice, it was a huge mistake to bring Barry back for this season, this reaction from Alexander, while certainly wrong, imo was expected. :mrgreen:
If people quit reacting to isolated incidents (i.e., this Jaire blip on the radar screen event), but rather think more globally to identify the root causes of the coaching staff's obvious multi-year player and team management failures .......... then maybe the right conclusions will be drawn regarding the viability of the coaching staff to lead the Packers to championships. Gotta give Jordan Love a ton of credit and sympathy for having to put up with these miserable situations. Doubs, Kraft, Musgrave, Wicks, Jones, Dillon, Reed, etc. too, to name a few! Trust is earned ....... not expected/automatic.
you've never much liked Lafleur according to your post, as a offensive coach I like him a lot, but as to the HC part, the Pettine fire to just bring in his guy has been a major fail, to the point of some player rebellion, that to me is a major demerit, if your not listening to your players then you have no business being a HC

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
30 Dec 2023 10:35
No. No. No.

Jaire Alexander is not like every other "best player". Alexander is not like a Jordy Nelson who was also a "best player"
using Jordy who wouldn't say a word if he had a mouthful is extreme, heck the best, most productive secondary player this year pissed and moaned till the FO traded him, Jaire was less vocal then he was, your attempting to paint Jaire as a perpetual bad apple and it lacks merit, who in Alexanders place wouldn't expect to be allowed to man up on the best WR the opponent has, Barry took his ability to be the best away from him, If I was Alexander and Barry pulled that &%$@ on me I'd have asked to be traded, and so would you, or your not the person you have proclaimed to be here

any time I felt a employer was holding me back, I quit and went to work else where, being in the union allowed me to advance my skills by working for employers who wanted to maximize my abilities, team effort only works when all members of it feel appreciated, they don't when there harnessed with limitations, which is fair to say have been a result of retaining a coach who does that to his secondary

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
30 Dec 2023 11:25
I don't think elite CBs are worth the money, because they seldom maintain elite-level play for more than like 2-3 years. It's better to pay for guys who are borderline like Sul.

Sadly we kept Goofus and traded Gallant.
well me, Gil, and these 24 players disagree :lol:

for your reading pleasure ;) , some didn't have their best years till after there 3rd or 4th year, # 4 on this list is a good example as any of that.

a lock down type CB is just as valuable as a dominate pass rusher, and are more of a cost value.

https://www.nfl.com/photos/gil-brandt-s ... 0000815951

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
30 Dec 2023 11:25
I don't think elite CBs are worth the money, because they seldom maintain elite-level play for more than like 2-3 years. It's better to pay for guys who are borderline like Sul.

Sadly we kept Goofus and traded Gallant.
I also think CBs are devalued now. Offenses have just become too good to run man against unless you have absolute studs at CB you really can’t play it.

Most teams have one really good man CB. It’s hard to get 2. Almost impossible to get 3.

This is why we have seen this Fangio defense come up big amongst teams. It doesn’t require great CB play. You just sit back in your zones and rally forward and tackle.

It doesn’t work for us though because our LBs and S are bad tacklers and bad in zone. But our CBs minus Alexander aren’t good enough to play man either.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
30 Dec 2023 12:26
go pak go wrote:
No. No. No.

Jaire Alexander is not like every other "best player". Alexander is not like a Jordy Nelson who was also a "best player"
using Jordy who wouldn't say a word if he had a mouthful is extreme, heck the best, most productive secondary player this year pissed and moaned till the FO traded him, Jaire was less vocal then he was, your attempting to paint Jaire as a perpetual bad apple and it lacks merit, who in Alexanders place wouldn't expect to be allowed to man up on the best WR the opponent has, Barry took his ability to be the best away from him, If I was Alexander and Barry pulled that &%$@ on me I'd have asked to be traded, and so would you, or your not the person you have proclaimed to be here

any time I felt a employer was holding me back, I quit and went to work else where, being in the union allowed me to advance my skills by working for employers who wanted to maximize my abilities, team effort only works when all members of it feel appreciated, they don't when there harnessed with limitations, which is fair to say have been a result of retaining a coach who does that to his secondary
Stop putting words in my mouth.

I never said bad apple. I said "screws loose" I said "different cat"
go pak go wrote:
Jaire Alexander is clearly a "couple of screws loose guy". Doen't mean you can't win with him. Doesn't mean you can't love the player and the talent. But everyone here absolutely knew this guy was a different cat.
Yoop wrote:
30 Dec 2023 12:26
This doesn't surprise me in the least. Based on my interaction with you on this forum...you absolutely fit in the "screw loose...different cat...exaggerated personality" group. 100%. Not surprised at all you moved around a lot in your career when you thought you were slighted. You are very quick to argue on this forum so I am sure you were the same in your professional career. And it sounds like it worked for you.

Not a negative thing. The world needs all personalities.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop how old are you?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Dec 2023 14:25
Yoop how old are you?
Time had not yet been discovered when Yoop was born.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Drj820 wrote:
Yoop how old are you?
Gotta be pushing 80 now, no?
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Trudge wrote:
30 Dec 2023 14:31
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop how old are you?
My point is that some of these guys are rude and disrespectful to such an old man.

Elder abuse.

Il miss Yoop when he’s gone

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Dec 2023 14:46
Trudge wrote:
30 Dec 2023 14:31
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop how old are you?
My point is that some of these guys are rude and disrespectful to such an old man.

Elder abuse.

Il miss Yoop when he’s gone
Me too. I mean, I won't miss his posting (sorry Yoop, lol) but just having him there.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

cracked stock and bent barrel, I'd still take on all comers :rotf:

I'am still a spring chicken according to my cousin who's 93, heck I'am only 76, just a puppy compared to her :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Helpful info from blogger Andy
Attachments
IMG_6506.png
IMG_6506.png (717.11 KiB) Viewed 579 times

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

So far, looks like we're doing a good job of cheering on the Bears.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

OMG! Gmen just scored on a ling TD pass. Oops. Mason missed the extra point.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Miami is getting smoked by the Ravens. Baltimore is unreal.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pugger wrote:
31 Dec 2023 14:12
Miami is getting smoked by the Ravens. Baltimore is unreal.
Lamar is certainly the MVP.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Yoop wrote:
30 Dec 2023 11:24
lets see now, I'am owed 21 mil. but I'll just take 11 mil now, and forfeit the ability to invest the other 10 mil, heck the market is rebounding and I could turn that 10 mil. into a hefty profit, nah I'll just act like like a jerk cause I got the team over a barrel.

a bird in hand is worth a whole flock in the bushes.

also Randy Moss was not a locker room cancer, thats made up BS from disgruntled Packer fans, same way Alexander isn't either.

I love all this company line some of you are drooling, in Alexanders case, just like Rodgers the company let both down, funny how these players are fine till they tell the company to go hose themselves.
Wow Yoop you are on a roll today even for you!
Gotta get it all in before the new years starts over.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
31 Dec 2023 23:19
Think we did blow our chances at hosting the Jets next year
#WorthIt

Rodgers will be hurt by then anyways

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Just amazing

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Are we gunna have a pro bowler this year?

I think Nixon might get in just because he brings every kick out of the end zone.

Brock, Hurts and Dak all have quite impressive resumes and much better records, maybe even Goff is ahead ofLove voters?

Maybe a Jenkins or Tom??

Can’t even think of anyone else, maybe Kenny just based off name mostly?