GDT: Bears at Packers: January 7, 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

GDT: Bears at Packers: January 7, 2024

Post by go pak go »

:bears: Chicago Bears @ Green Bay Packers :packers:
Sunday, January 7th, 2024, 3:25 PM CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers :idn:
Over/Under: :idn:

Stadium

Lambeau Field

Injury Report

Broadcast (CBS)
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=13
Tony Romo and Jim Nantz

Dope Sheet
https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet ... -time-2023
The Green Bay Packers once again play Chicago to punch their ticket to the playoffs. This also happened in 2010 and 2013.
Weather
image.png
image.png (5.09 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Bears17
:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Dope Sheet isn't updated yet but I'm too excited for this game.

The Bears aren't our old friend of bottom 5 Bears anymore. This team is catching its stride and is quite frankly one hail mary EZ Drop away from this game being a play-in game for both teams. The Bears defense, true to form, is again pretty darned good.

The Bears young CBs in particular are very strong.

The last 5 games the Bears have allowed the following in points:

A total point average of 15.2 points allowed
Last edited by go pak go on 02 Jan 2024 09:58, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
02 Jan 2024 09:40
My personal, random Dope Sheet thoughts...

- Bears have won their second meeting against both the Lions and Vikings
- Packers 0-2 on CBS this season (@DEN & @PIT)(also 0-2 on ABC/EPSN and 2-0 on NBC)
- This is only the third 3:25 KO of the season and first at Lambeau (@CHI & @DEN)
- Kansas City was the coldest game Jordan has started (31 degrees) Early forecast looks like high 20's.

Read More. Post Less.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Samkon Gado and Najeh Davenport will be signing in the Atrium on Saturday. Now's your chance to get a very unique "PortaPotty" :rotf: inscription on a photo or helmet. :thwap:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I fully expect a difficult challenge from the Bears this week but I also like what I'm hearing from the Packers locker room in regard to missing out on the opportunity last year and preparing so that it doesn't happen again. I also think we see a return of some players from injury/suspension that allow both sides of the ball to put forth their best effort.

Oh yeah, and ST? Just don't suck.

Packers - 23
Bears - 20

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

I think it all comes down to which Barry shows up.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

What it will come down to is: Can Jordan Love win a home game against a divisional opponent? Can he throw downfield in adverse weather conditions, particularly wind. Can Barry shut down DJ Moore, allowing focus on run D?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Cdragon wrote:
02 Jan 2024 10:35
And can he scheme to stop Fields running.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

'Sounds like the Bears are running well out of the I-formation, could be a probably against our often-leaky front seven. Their defense should also be much tougher than last time, but we are at home so hopefully that takes some of the edge off.

I won't complain about how pretty it looks; do whatever it takes to win. Let's make the playoffs and give this young team postseason experience (and make a change at DC in the offseason, regardless of what happens).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Jan 2024 10:58
Cdragon wrote:
THIS! Fields has been running wild so containing him will be a challenge fore sure.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Labrev wrote:
02 Jan 2024 11:04
'Sounds like the Bears are running well out of the I-formation, could be a probably against our often-leaky front seven. Their defense should also be much tougher than last time, but we are at home so hopefully that takes some of the edge off.

I won't complain about how pretty it looks; do whatever it takes to win. Let's make the playoffs and give this young team postseason experience (and make a change at DC in the offseason, regardless of what happens).
I too hope we make the playoffs even if we get bounced out in the WC round. That experience would be great for our young team. I just pray getting into the playoffs doesn't cause MLF to keep Barry around next season...

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

This is the game quay Walker can make a name for himself. He has flashed and has all the tools now in a big game we need him to fly all over and make plays against a running team. Create a turnover or 2 quay!!

Bears have been playing solid as of late. This will be a game again but a Packers team that is clicking like they did against the Vikings should handle them. Feed Jones and the young kids will find a way on O

Stay aggressive on D. Joe Berry has been pretty good against fields. Slow the run down on early downs and make him have to throw.

Worst thing about this game is hearing Romo. Man from a few years ago til now he has fallen off. I can't stand listening to him.

GPG

27-20

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Excited to see our ILBs play this week. This is a really big game for Quay Walker. Someone will need to spy Fields and if it is Walker and Wilson...I think you let Walker be the guy.

Quay had a really strong game this past Sunday. Let's keep that momentum going. He is critical for our long term success for our defense.

Also excited to see the plan for DJ Moore. Honestly I hope Jaire Alexander was humbled on Sunday. Valentine and Ballentine are 4-2 as starters including the Steelers game which honestly should have been a win (had the refs known what a backward pass looks like).

Alexander should realize it is a team game and not an individaul game. I will be concerned if he insists to following Moore rather than play team defense. The B/Vallentines have done well and they have done it against some of the best QBs on our schedule. I guess ultimately I hope the last 8 days have humbled Jaw and he gets on the Train.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

bring max pass rush 4, 5, and 6 man rushes early, rattle fields, and use the same coverage we used against the Vikes, zone over man boundary, put Alexander on Moore the whole game, the main reason ya pay for a shut down corner is to take away the opponents best receiver, so thats what we should do, but the secret formula is pass rush.

2 score win, something like 27 to 17 maybe even wider, Barry wants a job, he's listening to reason, his only hope is to allow these players to play to there instinctive ability, and create some blitz and stunt packages to get after Fields, keep a spy on him.

We have Jones back, that will slow the pass rush, and we have receivers and a hot QB, a little good fortune and this group could win a couple more games, the better we do, the more swagger these kids will have in the off season, swagger matters :aok:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Cdragon wrote:
Both of these are it. Contain the GD edge.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
02 Jan 2024 12:30
Pckfn23 wrote:
Cdragon wrote:
Both of these are it. Contain the GD edge.
Yup. Our edge rushers need to be very disciplined. If we see Gary and Enegbare try to speed around the tackle and go behind the quarterback...we are screwed.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I love that he still says ‘us’ 🥰

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

NCF wrote:
02 Jan 2024 09:57
go pak go wrote:
02 Jan 2024 09:40
My personal, random Dope Sheet thoughts...

- Bears have won their second meeting against both the Lions and Vikings
- Packers 0-2 on CBS this season (@DEN & @PIT)(also 0-2 on ABC/EPSN and 2-0 on NBC)
- This is only the third 3:25 KO of the season and first at Lambeau (@CHI & @DEN)
- Kansas City was the coldest game Jordan has started (31 degrees) Early forecast looks like high 20's.
I will add another...

- The Packers have not been above .500 since a Week 3 win over New Orleans

Read More. Post Less.