Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
01 Jan 2024 14:41
Are we gunna have a pro bowler this year?

I think Nixon might get in just because he brings every kick out of the end zone.

Brock, Hurts and Dak all have quite impressive resumes and much better records, maybe even Goff is ahead ofLove voters?

Maybe a Jenkins or Tom??

Can’t even think of anyone else, maybe Kenny just based off name mostly?
Jordan Love

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
01 Jan 2024 16:14
wasn't Toure ranked 3rd or 4th on our select a player exercise last summer? remember some here seemed to be impressed, Reed, Wicks, the TE's, Melton, Heath, have really limited his snaps

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
01 Jan 2024 16:23
BF004 wrote:
wasn't Toure ranked 3rd or 4th on our select a player exercise last summer? remember some here seemed to be impressed, Reed, Wicks, the TE's, Melton, Heath, have really limited his snaps
I had high hopes for Toure. But he's been awful this year. Maybe comes back on the PS next year, but that's it.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Nope. He came in at #30, winning the final vote.

https://packers-huddle.com/phpBB/viewt ... 91#p133991

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

All Kraft has to do is murder someone for this comparison to be exact.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:
4th receiver yes.
4th overall no.

The primary argument was between a 5th round rookie (Wicks) and 2nd year 7th rounder (Toure)

Wicks won.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
03 Jan 2024 15:03
Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:
4th receiver yes.
4th overall no.

The primary argument was between a 5th round rookie (Wicks) and 2nd year 7th rounder (Toure)

Wicks won.
I was in the camp that Toure would actually be #3 for the first half of the season while Reed took a bit to get acclimated. He was a major disappointment and another to add to the list superstars in shorts.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Bo was one of my draft guys although I really only saw him as a guy who could maybe be a returner and a developmental receiver.

Hes a Jersey boy he grew up about 20 minutes from where I live and went to my alma mater so its no wonder hes going to be a god.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
03 Jan 2024 15:18
go pak go wrote:
03 Jan 2024 15:03
Yoop wrote:
4th receiver yes.
4th overall no.

Wicks won.
I was in the camp that Toure would actually be #3 for the first half of the season while Reed took a bit to get acclimated. He was a major disappointment and another to add to the list superstars in shorts.
lupedafiasco wrote:
03 Jan 2024 15:26
Bo was one of my draft guys although I really only saw him as a guy who could maybe be a returner and a developmental receiver.

Hes a Jersey boy he grew up about 20 minutes from where I live and went to my alma mater so its no wonder hes going to be a god.
I loved Melton as a developmental speed slot, but thought that he might become redundant once we drafted Reed.

I also have thought all along that Toure was a guy who might develop into something (I think Adam Theilan was my upside comp) but until he did, he was just a guy.

I'm glad to see Melton emerge ahead of Toure; Toure can still develop, but because he doesn't really have any special traits, his road to NFL success will always be and has always been savvy, reliability, and effort. He can still be that guy. It took Theilan 3 years to make an active roster (which was part of my comp).

If Melton sticks with the team, he becomes Reed's primary backup AND he should start getting return reps in practice because he did that at Rutgers.

We may remember also that Watson and Melton trained together and were constantly racing to see who was fastest. Melton had a better 40-time at the combine but admitted that it was one of Watson's worse times, and that Watson usually won in training. But they're both blazers who like each other, so that's nice.

What I see with our WR corps right now is that we have Reed and Melton as the fast slot guys. Wicks and Doubs as the possession inside/outside guys (Heath is 3rd in that pecking order). And Watson as the big play YAC and deep ball guy. I want a poor-man's Watson (and said so before this year) to be a size/speed threat when/if Watson misses time with injury. This year's draft has a lot of those guys, though many would go too early for my taste. But someone somewhere on the Watson to MVS spectrum of player to be WR6/7 along with Heath down there.

I also just generally feel like Wicks/Heath/DuBose are a litttttle too redundant for my tastes, and Doubs is sticking around.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Jaire getting the Jeff Saturday votes, lol

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

So can we put the “Jaire gotta go” talk to bed…?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
03 Jan 2024 21:02

Yes. Need to put that Jaire LaFleur drama behind us and move forward cheering for Jaire's and Christian's return to the tundra on Sunday.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Packers snubbed of any Pro Bowl honors.

I like it. :twisted:

Motivation galore.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

salmar80 wrote:
04 Jan 2024 04:32
Packers snubbed of any Pro Bowl honors.

I like it. :twisted:

Motivation galore.

Yep, I thought the same thing.

Sure, it's a popularity contest nowadays but it's still gotta sting a bit to know teams like the Jets, Giants, Cardinals, and Chargers have representation while the Packers have none. Instant chip on shoulder.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Packer Pro-Bowl voting notes:
Did you know? It's the first time since 2017 that the Packers haven't had anyone selected in the initial voting, although Davante Adams and Mike Daniels eventually went as alternates that year. This time, cornerback Jaire Alexander, Nixon, defensive tackle Kenny Clark, guard Elgton Jenkins and edge rusher Rashan Gary are alternates, but only Gary is a first alternate.
Saints WR/ST player Shaheed was voted in as returner for the NFC although Nixon's stats measure favorably to his. According to this blurb, Nixon isn't even first alternate. WTF? Who is??

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:

oh yes I very grateful to be here, I can't afford to be losing 1.3 million dollar game checks, so ya I very grateful to be playing again this week :rotf:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
04 Jan 2024 07:23
APB wrote:

oh yes I very grateful to be here, I can't afford to be losing 1.3 million dollar game checks, so ya I very grateful to be playing again this week :rotf:
Should I take your response to mean Jaire still needs to go?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Just looking at the team and what theyve done I dont think anyone is deserving of the pro bowl especially with when the voting period took place.

Love is the only truly deserving player and when voting was happening he wasnt playing the way he is now and for most of the season to that point he was awful. RBs were either bad or hurt (leading rusher has 600 yards). WRs have been shuffling in and out all year (leading receiver has 60 catches). Offensive line has been beat up and shuffling all year. DL has been nothing special. ILB has been beat up and not the best. No double digit sack guys. We only have one guy with more than 1 INT. K isnt special. P has been average. I would imagine Nixon didnt get in because he never scored. There have been 11 returned kicks or punts this season.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Jaire isnt going anywhere. No team has ever swallowed that much of a cap penalty in a trade of a non QB ever.