GDT: Bears at Packers: January 7, 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So where and when are we meeting [mention]lupedafiasco[/mention] and [mention]RingoCStarrQB[/mention] ??

And whoever else.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
05 Jan 2024 19:09
So where and when are we meeting @lupedafiasco and @RingoCStarrQB ??

And whoever else.
I am flexible. I'll get in town Sunday morning. From there I'll eat breakfast at Golden Basket. At 11:25 I'll be in line to park in the Lambeau Field lot. Once I park I'm a free agent. I have some relatives that think they're going get this party started at Anduzzi's. So how about meet a Anduzzi's at NOON.

Any other ideas?

For afterparty, the parking lots will be jammed up for at least 1.5 hours ............. so maybe try to cram into Hinterland which is walking distance from Lambeau. :idn: Huh?

How do we exchange cell phone numbers for texting without broadcasting to the universe?

I sit in Section 130, Upper Concourse level 3 if you take the elevator. Could meet at the 130-132 entryway area for pre-game or post-game etc. The place will be a crazy regardless..........it always is.

What sections are your seats in?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’m down for whatever. PMd you my number Ringo. I’m section 108.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

BF004 wrote:

And whoever else.
I’d love to take you up on that BF004 - I’ll be there with my two daughters and a friend. This friend will be wearing navy blue and orange.

So bring some of your infectious energy to Lambeau and the field crew will have to clean up some Justin Bear scat on the 12 yard line after da Bears first possession. :grin: :clap:
GO PACK GO!!!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Doesn’t sound like much of a friend 😛

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
05 Jan 2024 20:34
BF004 wrote:

And whoever else.
I’d love to take you up on that BF004 - I’ll be there with my two daughters and a friend. This friend will be wearing navy blue and orange.

So bring some of your infectious energy to Lambeau and the field crew will have to clean up some Justin Bear scat on the 12 yard line after da Bears first possession. :grin: :clap:
I got an uncle Vinny who can take care of your friend if you need me to call him.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 Jan 2024 23:21
GJPackerBacker wrote:
05 Jan 2024 20:34
BF004 wrote:

And whoever else.

I got an uncle Vinny who can take care of your friend if you need me to call him.
We have been going to Packers/Bears games for several years. We alternate back and forth from Soldier Field to Lambeau Field. When we go to GB, right before we arrive, I always remind him - as a matter of courtesy, opposing fans are very quiet when the Packers are on offense. :lol:
GO PACK GO!!!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Man I went to a karaoke bar in Madison and it’s packed full of Bears fans. So I sang I’m So Ronery from Team America and dedicated to the Bears trophy case.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
02 Jan 2024 11:33
This is the game quay Walker can make a name for himself. He has flashed and has all the tools now in a big game we need him to fly all over and make plays against a running team. Create a turnover or 2 quay!!
Yes!!! This is the guy that has the talent to be and should be a difference maker. Wanted him for " Here's Johhny" but got sniped early.

APB wrote:
02 Jan 2024 16:20
I wouldn't count on Jaire manning up on Moore. In fact, I'd expect a lot of zone coverage so the defense can keep an eye on Fields. It'll allow some of the stuff that annoys us all but with Fields you can't be in man coverage all day.

Yes, I agree, but still keep him guessing and making him uncomfortable

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Jan 2024 16:00
We need Preston. Jenkins is something to watch.

But even though he's struggled, getting Campbell back given McDuffie being banged up could be great.

Watson and Jones both playing together could really open things up for the offense.
I have been waiting forever it seems to see this. Injuries have prevented that. Watson and Jones together healthy I mean.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

I don't really have a good feel for how this game is going to play out. I think anything is possible good or bad. I sure am hoping for good though. It would be SO SWEET!!!

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

Looks like the Rams are going to rest Stafford, Kupp, Donald, et al. Does this make any sense? We will slide into the #6 seed with a win and a Rams loss. Can't understand why they want to concede the spot in the pecking order, but I'll take it.

Of course the Niners will likely rest their key players as well, so no telling what will happen in that game.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Jan 2024 00:01
Man I went to a karaoke bar in Madison and it’s packed full of Bears fans. So I sang I’m So Ronery from Team America and dedicated to the Bears trophy case.
That is amazing.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

mnpackerbacker wrote:
06 Jan 2024 04:49
Looks like the Rams are going to rest Stafford, Kupp, Donald, et al. Does this make any sense? We will slide into the #6 seed with a win and a Rams loss. Can't understand why they want to concede the spot in the pecking order, but I'll take it.

Of course the Niners will likely rest their key players as well, so no telling what will happen in that game.
Would be funny if we’d end up hosting the NFC
Championship over them 😛

But we don’t even know who the 2 and 3 seeds are gonna be, could be any of the 3 teams. If you aren’t gunna get the 5 seed, and you can’t even pick your opponent. I’m guessing it doesn’t matter a ton.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Screenshot_20240106-084237.png
Screenshot_20240106-084237.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 668 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
06 Jan 2024 07:50
mnpackerbacker wrote:
06 Jan 2024 04:49

Would be funny if we’d end up hosting the NFC
Championship over them 😛

But we don’t even know who the 2 and 3 seeds are gonna be, could be any of the 3 teams. If you aren’t gunna get the 5 seed, and you can’t even pick your opponent. I’m guessing it doesn’t matter a ton.
The concept of a NFCCG at Lambeau vs the Rams is very intriguing. But first things first ....... BEAT CHICAGO. Go Packers!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

So Dillon, Ford, and McDuffie all out or likely out.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Glad DeVondre is looking to go. He and Quay need big games with all those TEs and a running QB.

Devondre definitely gotta be out of excuses now too, cause we all damn sure know he isn’t hurt anymore.

This is literally the healthiest we’ve been all season. (Sad I’m saying that with 20 guys on the injury report)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Preston has had some real good games against the Bears.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

No Jaylon Johnson is massive for our offense.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Jan 2024 09:08
No Jaylon Johnson is massive for our offense.
Ball hawking got him 4 picks and a PB nod, actually he seems about average according to stats, still glad to hear he's not playing though, his best season though was as a rookie according to this :idn:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... hnJa13.htm