GDT: Bears at Packers: January 7, 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I'm kind of down on Devondre playing. He has been poor this season, neither good against the run or pass, even in the early season presumably pre-injury. I honestly rather be playing Wilson, who was decent in the Minny game, nothing special but was not a liability.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Jan 2024 00:01
Man I went to a karaoke bar in Madison and it’s packed full of Bears fans. So I sang I’m So Ronery from Team America and dedicated to the Bears trophy case.
Bears fans doing karaoke? I don't know if that's funny or sad or both. But I'm laughing!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Sorry that I haven't read this entire thread. I"ve been offline this week. But want to discuss why the Pack should win.

First, da Bears. I can honestly buy into the idea that they are improving over what they were at the start of the season. But that isn't saying a lot. They still depend on Fields, obviously. If he and Moore connect very much it'll be a long day for us. I don't want to see explosive play after explosive play. Maybe they can score 25+ if they don't turn over the ball. But I do think they give it up once, maybe twice. Their defense needs to be able to thwart our offense and passing game. Therein lies the rub (for them).

Even if all else of our Packer team is mediocre, our offense is beginning to wake up and even get some consistency. I see Love and his young guys doing pretty well if our OLine holds up. It should. The Vikes front 7 is no bad unit and we shredded them.

I don't expect a thing like "we made the Vikes look bad, so we'll do that to the Bears for sure" kind of thing. I see a lot of ugly ball, a true Nordic division old school kind of game. MLF will want to control the clock and FINALLY let Jones run free. Then, use the play-action to get deep downfield.

Maybe the final is something like 18-15. Or, maybe it'll be more like 38 - 17. But I do think we come away with a fairly convincing win and confidence booster for next week.

I do not under-estimate da Bears. Even while they aren't special, it's still a divisional game and they'll be jacked, just like the Lions were last year. Trouble is, they don't have as much talent or consistent motivation as the Lions did last year. They certainly don't have the coaching.

Keys for Packers: NO turnovers, run Jones a lot, use the clock. Also WIN the turnover battle.

We lose if we turn it over twice. Otherwise, I think we win, no matter what.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

BF004 wrote:
05 Jan 2024 12:14
go pak go wrote:
05 Jan 2024 12:06
Do people even scalp anymore?

I know I wouldn't feel all that comfortable trying to make a ticket electronic transer the day of with a stranger on the sidewalk.

I didn't notice any scalpers in Atlanta.
Not sure anymore after the move to the mobile tickets.

But for a very long time at Lambeau, scalpers could set up two different places, supervised by police, and all scalpers had to be licensed with the city. Never bought from them, but was always intrigued trying to get one like 5 mins after kickoff.
In my college years and 20's we would sometimes go up and wait until 10-15 minutes before kickoff and score a screaming deal on tickets while agreeing if we couldn't get in cheap we'd just watch it at the bar...but I don't think we ever had to.

The "we want the ball and we're gonna score game" I talked a scalper into his 30 yardline25ish row back tickets for my 300 level tickets and $20. He was adamant against at first, but i reminded him that in 15 minutes he was going to have some worthless paper in his hand either way, wouldn't he like to also have $20? lol

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I'm thinking .......... with so much energy from the Packers fans in the stands tomorrow afternoon/evening there is no conceivable scenario that I can imagine for a Packers team letdown (like we saw versus the LIons last season when the offense only mustered 16 freakin' effen points). Nope......not tomorrow. Plus Lupe will be there along with BF004 and Ringo (and Bogey working his Fan Assistance gig), and one or more others (ask BF004 who is tagging along, I'm not the social director anymore).

Lupe and Ringo will be both pre-partying and after-partying.

GO PACK GO!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I have arrived. Drinking my first Spotted Cow now.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Since the Packers have won Super Bowl 45 they are 22-3 against the Bears.

:shock:

They have the collarbone game, Thanksgiving Night, and interim Joe Philbin in the last decade +.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Another fun fact, the 2001 Bears were 13-3, but were swept in the season series against the Packers. The 2007 Packers were 13-3, but were swept in the season series against the Bears.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Jan 2024 09:08
No Jaylon Johnson is massive for our offense.
AND Kyler Gordon turning up on the injury report on Friday with some sort of quad?

Johnson is the main one, but if they're down Johnson and another secondary piece, with Jones in the game and possibly Watson, I think we're in good shape on offense.

Defense, of course, is and always will be the big question mark going forward

Given that we let DeVito run for 71 yards and Fields is, uhh, better at that... it'll be interesting.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

In the last 7 games, the Bears are 5-2 with each loss to DET and CLE. Chicago was leading both games with under 2:00 to go.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

NCF wrote:
06 Jan 2024 12:54
Since the Packers have won Super Bowl 45 they are 22-3 against the Bears.

:shock:

They have the collarbone game, Thanksgiving Night, and interim Joe Philbin in the last decade +.
Also the Rodgers’ broken leg game. I was at that one! Down 20-0 at the half after Kizer gift-wrapped a fumble for Mack.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
06 Jan 2024 16:12
In the last 7 games, the Bears are 5-2 with each loss to DET and CLE. Chicago was leading both games with under 2:00 to go.
Was the Browns game before the Browns picked up their “new” QB off the couch?

One final thing to remember. This Joe Barry defense will probably play enough of a great game that they can blame the offense if we lose. So keep that in mind.
:-)

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
06 Jan 2024 11:32
I'm thinking .......... with so much energy from the Packers fans in the stands tomorrow afternoon/evening there is no conceivable scenario that I can imagine for a Packers team letdown (like we saw versus the LIons last season when the offense only mustered 16 freakin' effen points). Nope......not tomorrow. Plus Lupe will be there along with BF004 and Ringo (and Bogey working his Fan Assistance gig), and one or more others (ask BF004 who is tagging along, I'm not the social director anymore).

Lupe and Ringo will be both pre-partying and after-partying.

GO PACK GO!
See you there guys!
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
06 Jan 2024 16:31
go pak go wrote:
06 Jan 2024 16:12
Was the Browns game before the Browns picked up their “new” QB off the couch?

One final thing to remember. This Joe Barry defense will probably play enough of a great game that they can blame the offense if we lose. So keep that in mind.
:-)
It was Joe Flacco.
Yoop wrote:

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

I am officially worried about the game now after looking at some recent stats. I haven't watched much Chicago Bear football this year or lately, but statistically they have been good in many areas. The team the Packers play today in all likely hood will be better than the teams we have faced recently and that includes Tampa. I see a close game to the very end, ending in jubilation or heartbreak. Hopefully the former.

Not only have the Packers been a better 2nd half team overall, the Bears have also.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Wick Sweat off Love and the O will roll.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Not up on what the vibe is for this forum, been out of pocket last few days…but packer world in other places seem quite nervous for the game.

Idk…I don’t get it? Like it’s at Lambeau, Justin Fields has never balled out against us, we are getting key players back in the lineup, we have the better QB.

I think they are gonna lay an egg. I mean look at who they’ve looked good against, it ain’t nobody worth a darn.

These aren’t like Campbell’s lions who had a good qb and good HC and actually were ascending, and we were in Detroit.

This is the bears, and they still suck.

24-13 packers
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Jan 2024 07:30
Not up on what the vibe is for this forum, been out of pocket last few days…but packer world in other places seem quite nervous for the game.

Idk…I don’t get it? Like it’s at Lambeau, Justin Fields has never balled out against us, we are getting key players back in the lineup, we have the better QB.

I think they are gonna lay an egg. I mean look at who they’ve looked good against, it ain’t nobody worth a darn.

These aren’t like Campbell’s lions who had a good qb and good HC and actually were ascending, and we were in Detroit.

This is the bears, and they still suck.

24-13 packers
The Browns are a good football team. They have a top notch defense and pretty decent offense. Not to be taken for granted. I can't speak about any other teams. But we should take da Bears seriously. The day will come when they once again are better than the Pack. They actually were earlier this season. Maybe not now. But the point is, there is no taking snaps off or relaxing because we "should" win.

If the Pack plays every snap like it matters (unlike against the Lions last year), we should do fine.

Our QB and receivers need to take that next step in their progression, to show that nobody can stop them. Everything before today has been about growth. And they are growing, clearly. But they need that next step, to overcome a good defense by sheer will and not just talent.