Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
06 Jan 2024 11:13
APB wrote:
06 Jan 2024 11:09
I wish the Packers would adopt a policy similar to this.

Holy sh*t.

That's not real is it? It can't be real.
I hope it is and the Packers follow suit.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

I see nothing else to substantiate this, but even so, there's the caveat of their "Terms and Conditions". What is said there, and what does one acknowledge when signing up for Packer season tickets?

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Half Empty wrote:
06 Jan 2024 11:37
I see nothing else to substantiate this, but even so, there's the caveat of their "Terms and Conditions". What is said there, and what does one acknowledge when signing up for Packer season tickets?
I assume the "terms and conditions" accompany the tickets each year, so can be changed on a year to year basis. I'm sure there's software that can determine how often certain seats are available on the second hand market?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Madcity_matt wrote:
06 Jan 2024 13:13
Half Empty wrote:
I assume the "terms and conditions" accompany the tickets each year, so can be changed on a year to year basis. I'm sure there's software that can determine how often certain seats are available on the second hand market?
It's not real.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
06 Jan 2024 13:39
Madcity_matt wrote:
Half Empty wrote:
It's not real.
Don't know if it's real or not but the statement accompanying my OP still stands.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

APB wrote:
06 Jan 2024 13:46
NCF wrote:
Madcity_matt wrote:

It's not real.
Don't know if it's real or not but the statement accompanying my OP still stands.
Understandable, but is it/would it be legal? That's the reason I addressed the terms and conditions.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Half Empty wrote:
06 Jan 2024 13:54
APB wrote:
06 Jan 2024 13:46
NCF wrote:

It's not real.
Understandable, but is it/would it be legal? That's the reason I addressed the terms and conditions.
100% it could be if in the terms and conditions. You can lose season tickets if you sell them and the person you sold them to gets kicked out.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

and Lambeau could end up relying on single ticket buyers once that happens, I bet half the ticket holders sell a couple games off to supplement there cost of season tickets every season, ya gonna take away there rights.

this &%$@ wont ever happen, figures there would be a few here willing to strip away a fans rights, and they'd be fans who've never owned season tickets

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Rights... :lol: :lol:

APB and I are not talking about 1 or 2 games to offset the cost.

Of course we have never owned season tickets and are waiting. "Fans" who mostly use their tickets as a revenue stream should lose them.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 06 Jan 2024 15:05, edited 2 times in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2024 14:15

If course we have never owned season tickets and are waiting. "Fans" who mostly use their tickets as a revenue stream should lose them.
what makes you even think thats true? your basing that comment on what? even so it would be so hard to prove. your blowing this way out of proportion

season tickets between the 20's are 165.00 X 9 is 2,450 bucks, thats a lot of money for a working stiff, and since no one buys just one ticket it's at least double that, triple, or even 4 times that, I have zero issue with that fan selling a couple games or even half of them. not everyone makes a 100K a year.

what about our fans who like to tag along to watch us play, who can't get tickets except from a opposing ticket holder trying to recoup his coast?

no one wants to see a bunch of opposing fans, but this isn't the way to fix it.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
06 Jan 2024 14:31
Pckfn23 wrote:

If course we have never owned season tickets and are waiting. "Fans" who mostly use their tickets as a revenue stream should lose them.
what makes you even think thats true? your basing that comment on what? even so it would be so hard to prove. your blowing this way out of proportion

season tickets between the 20's are 165.00 X 9 is 2,450 bucks, thats a lot of money for a working stiff, and since no one buys just one ticket it's at least double that, triple, or even 4 times that, I have zero issue with that fan selling a couple games or even half of them. not everyone makes a 100K a year.

what about our fans who like to tag along to watch us play, who can't get tickets except from a opposing ticket holder trying to recoup his coast?

I know for a fact that there are season ticket holders that NEVER go to games and only sell their tickets. It doesn't matter if it is 1 holder or 100, it should not be allowed. They shouldn't even be allowed selling 4 or 5 games.

If it is too much money to own season tickets, don't purchase season tickets. Let someone else do it. Simple.

Again... WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT SELLING 1 OR 2 GAMES TO HELP OFFSET THE COST. That is where opposing fans or other fans can get them.

With tickets going digital it would be easy to see who is selling them off now.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2024 14:59
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I know for a fact that there are season ticket holders that NEVER go to games and only sell their tickets. It doesn't matter if it is 1 holder or 100, it should not be allowed. They shouldn't even be allowed selling 4 or 5 games.

If it is too much money to own season tickets, don't purchase season tickets. Let someone else do it. Simple.

Again... WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT SELLING 1 OR 2 GAMES TO HELP OFFSET THE COST.
I doubt you know many like that, I don't know any, and I can here you just fine, AGAIN YOUR BLOWING THIS OUT OF PROPORTION.

and how do you suppose to stop it? also could be some fans have a hardship year, and have to sell there tickets that particular season, and now ya want to strip them of there rights to own those tickets, :thwap:

I don't care if they can tell who's selling them, just try getting it toi work in a court of law, it's never going to happen
Last edited by Yoop on 06 Jan 2024 15:08, edited 1 time in total.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

The fact the waiting list is decades long invalidates this entire argument.

Also, as [mention]Pckfn23[/mention] mentioned, nobody is saying the occasional sale to help offset cost is an issue. It's the habitual seller who only keeps the tickets to gouge would-be-once-a-year game watchers like me that need to be policed up.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
06 Jan 2024 15:07
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

that list could be a 100 years long, it wont happen, no judge would go along with your proposal

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
06 Jan 2024 15:11
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

that list could be a 100 years long, it wont happen, no judge would go along with your proposal
Would never reach a judge if terms of service were violated.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
06 Jan 2024 15:06
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I doubt you know many like that, I don't know any, and I can here you just fine, AGAIN YOUR BLOWING THIS OUT OF PROPORTION.

and how do you suppose to stop it? also could be some fans have a hardship year, and have to sell there tickets that particular season, and now ya want to strip them of there rights to own those tickets, :thwap:

I don't care if they can tell who's selling them, just try getting it toi work in a court of law, it's never going to happen
I don't care if it is many, 1 is too many.

You are making up random scenarios that I am not even remotely talking about. If you can "here" me, you certainly are not understanding or even trying... If a season ticket holders main goal in owning those tickets is as a revenue stream they should lose their tickets.

They don't have a right to own the tickets. That's not a right... it's an opportunity.

Simple solution. Season tickets are now digital. For families that go in, names of those family members or possible friends that would use those tickets go on a list each year. If you transfer the majority of your tickets to someone outside that list for multiple years in a row, say 3, you lose your tickets.

Easily spelled out in terms of service and 100% legal.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2024 15:13
Yoop wrote:
06 Jan 2024 15:06
Pckfn23 wrote:

You are making up random scenarios that I am not even remotely talking about. If you can "here" me, you certainly are not understanding or even trying... If a season ticket holders main goal in owning those tickets is as a revenue stream they should lose their tickets.

They don't have a right to own the tickets. That's not a right... it's an opportunity.

Simple solution. Season tickets are now digital. For families that go in, names of those family members or possible friends that would use those tickets go on a list each year. If you transfer the majority of your tickets to someone outside that list for multiple years in a row, say 3, you lose your tickets.

I hear you fine, my point is that I doubt what your saying is happening, again I could see that happening under hardship conditions as I stated, but doubt it continues year after year or 3 years straight as your saying.

again you'll take a persons rights away simply because you think they've abused them, no freaking way will the people that run Lambeau do this stuff.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
06 Jan 2024 15:12
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

keep holding your breath waiting on those terms.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2024 15:13

I wouldn't even give it 3 years.

And I wouldn't go so far as requiring a list of "approved" users. I'd simply implement a "re-sale" clause. If your tickets are found on any of the major re-sale sites more than X amount of times a year, say 2 for example, you're given a warning. If it happens any subsequent year, you're tickets are not renewed the following year.

That allows ticket holders to at least have the ability to sell tickets locally to friends or acquaintances (through private sale and simple ticket transfer) without penalty and largely keeps the seats filled with Packer fans. If you're placing them up for highest bid to enemy fans on TicketMaster or any of the other broker sites, though, that's tracked and limited.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
06 Jan 2024 15:28
APB wrote:
06 Jan 2024 15:12
Yoop wrote:

keep holding your breath waiting on those terms.
Packers, Inc set the terms of service, not the fans or judges. They can include whatever clauses they determine to be not detrimental to their product. Unfortunately, to this point all Packers Inc cares about is a half frozen butt in the seat, regardless of whose jersey they're wearing which is the reason for my OP statement.