All the draft prospect game tape you'll ever need

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

All the draft prospect game tape you'll ever need

Post by salmar80 »

Want to do your own draft scouting? Wanna spend your isolation becoming the TT you always knew you could be? Well, here's your chance. :lombardi:

Mark Jarvis and his crew have compiled this enormous spreadsheet with links to game tapes of hundreds of prospects. Thousands of hours of cut-ups.

It's not for the faint-hearted. It's crazy :messedup: . It's great 8-) . Scroll right for more prospects. Don't ask me what the color coding means :dunno: . If you love it, buy them a drink via Patreon https://www.patreon.com/WhatsOnDraftNFL .

If you want to view the spreadsheet in a full browser window, click here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Where in the hell did you get that from?! That is seriously crazy! So much info.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Mar 2020 01:42
Where in the hell did you get that from?! That is seriously crazy! So much info.
Thought you might like it. :mrgreen:

Stumbled upon it a year or two back when draftbreakdown.com folded. It was hidden in the War Room on the old forum. Now it has been unleashed upon all.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Let's play a game of: What do you see?

Here's WR Denzel Mims.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Smooth receiver, attacks the spot and makes his break when he gets the CB to flip his hips. Hands catcher, attacks the point of the ball. Active, willing, and strong in the run game, especially from the strong side. Needs to improve his effort on the weak side. Needs a better plan at the LOS. Positive traits translate well and negative traits are easily correctable.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
31 Mar 2020 07:32
Smooth receiver, attacks the spot and makes his break when he gets the CB to flip his hips. Hands catcher, attacks the point of the ball. Active, willing, and strong in the run game, especially from the strong side. Needs to improve his effort on the weak side. Needs a better plan at the LOS. Positive traits translate well and negative traits are easily correctable.
smooth, he does everything to well for me to expect he'll be available at slot 30, every vid I've seen him in is impressive, but we can hope :)

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

See, weird; I feel like when I watch him, I always come away a little skeptical. He feels like a guy that was a really nice bargain find in the 3rd round, a good fit in the second, but may have risen beyond his risk level to me.

I see the smooth people talk about, but it's at the expense of clean breaks more than incorporating clean breaks smoothly. He has an amazing catch radius and great hands, but he has to use them too much (not great separation). His blocking is almost all uncalled holding, and when he tries better technique, he seems to get out-muscled. Good point on the "needing a better plan" at the line.

Look, the guy is tall, fast, can catch, has great hands... but when people spent all day yesterday screaming about how Shenault doesn't fit because his routes are sub-par and then applaud MIms... like, this guy doesn't run good routes. He needs a LOT of polish. He seems like a great tools prospect who is now seeing the risk in his selection become underrated. He may or may not pan out; he feels boom/bust to me.

Like I said, I like him in the second, but the first seems like a stretch now. And his flaws are the very same things everyone says we need to avoid right now (not precision, particularly). I would be happy to have him, and his ceiling is huge, but his floor is pretty low, too. I would still put Mims behind Reagor, at least, whose hands and size aren't as good but who has more explosive tape and much better routes.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

At the end of the day we all have to recognize there is no one here that is a trained scout and what we see incorporates a lot of confirmation bias. I like watching things for scheme fit, but at the end of the day, I don't know as much about breaking down a prospect as the guys that get paid to do it.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
31 Mar 2020 10:38
At the end of the day we all have to recognize there is no one here that is a trained scout and what we see incorporates a lot of confirmation bias. I like watching things for scheme fit, but at the end of the day, I don't know as much about breaking down a prospect as the guys that get paid to do it.
Of course. We can all try, though. The thing is, if people spend the time to watch a 5 minute cut up, it does a lot to form your own opinion, whether right or wrong. Its fun when someone else confirms what you see and its educational when others can help you see something you may have missed.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
31 Mar 2020 10:53
Pckfn23 wrote:
31 Mar 2020 10:38
Of course. We can all try, though. The thing is, if people spend the time to watch a 5 minute cut up, it does a lot to form your own opinion, whether right or wrong. Its fun when someone else confirms what you see and its educational when others can help you see something you may have missed.
100%!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

We're all amateurs here, but I think looking at cutups is much more educational than highlight tapes.

My eyes told things NCF and YoHo also saw. On positive side, Mims has great hands, physical tools and smoothness that can be developed. I think he belongs on the sideline, not in slot. A willing blocker when called upon (that tech also can be developed). On negative, didn't separate as well as some, especially off the line vs press, was sometimes push-offy when going deep. Took plays off when they weren't going to his side, which is OK in run game but he should not do that on passing downs.

I certainly wouldn't mind him, but I get why he isn't a high 1st rounder. I need to watch a lot more tape of others to compare. Maybe tomorrow we'll do 3 tapes from another WR.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

salmar80 wrote:
31 Mar 2020 11:18
I certainly wouldn't mind him, but I get why he isn't a high 1st rounder. I need to watch a lot more tape of others to compare. Maybe tomorrow we'll do 3 tapes from another WR.
I am trying to remember Hakeem Butler from last year. All of the physical tools and became a media darling, yet when we actually got to The Draft, teams showed what they really thought. Now I think Mims is a much better receiver, but trying to not get caught up in the hype. I still think I'm all in at 30.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

salmar80 wrote:
31 Mar 2020 11:18
This is really fun, thanks!

Also, thanks for this resource, I sorta missed it when I first came over to the new forum! I'll spend a ton of time on here once I figure out what we're doing about the Maryland state budget right now :shock: (my job)

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Let's take a looksie at Laviska Shenault Jr., shall we?

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

1st thing that jumps out about Shenault is hes dangerous with the ball in his hands. The type of player you find ways to get it to him. He has nice hands and can win the 50/50 ball.

He doesnt seperate really well and his routes are not crisp. Hes a better football player at this point then a wide receiver if that makes sense. My lord he cant block to save his life.

USC tape hes a stud. The other 2 hes just a guy. I dont see a 1st round guy. I really feel he could fall out of the top 50.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

My updated Shenault takes: he's very good at finding the holes in zones--better against zone than man coverage. Better working the middle of the field than the outside. He genuinely seems to run faster with the ball in his hands; like he doesn't go 100% until he has it, which I find weird and is probably more mental than physical.

The biggest new piece of info I got from these is how bad he is at blocking; that was disappointing for a guy of his size/thickness and probable role in the league. His best blocks were when he faked routes. When he actually engaged, he couldn't sustain. It doesn't seem like an effort thing, but technique and physically losing the battle. That dings him for me, given what we do.

I'll probably put him third among the group of Reagor, Ayiuk, Shenault that I'd still like to have; still thinking in the 45-50 range is ideal value for all three.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

It was very weird watching Shenault be tough as nails with the ball in his hands, and as tough as wet spaghetti when blocking (and no technique whatsoever). :dunno:

Several times I thought: "A bit quicker TyMonty". I could see Shenault as our slot. Pretty high ceiling slot, actually, but has a lot to learn.

YoHo's observation of better vs zone than vs man looked 100% true. Didn't do much vs man when split wide.

Didn't fall in love with him, but sure looked like the type of WR the roster is lacking.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Watched some Mims this morning and I would be surprised if he was picked much before 30. He doesn't have a lot of suddenness to his game and lacks good route running technique. For as fast as he clocked he doesn't blow the doors off DBs, which is probably a product of the former. Definitely a deep threat and has big play ability and love his hands on contested catches. Will block in the run game
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 01 Apr 2020 11:00, edited 1 time in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
01 Apr 2020 10:56
Watched some Mims this morning and I would be surprised if he was picked much before 30. He doesn't have a lot of suddenness to his game and lacks good route running technique. For as fast as he clocked he doesn't blow the doors off DBs. Definitely a deep threat and has big play ability and love his hands on contested catches.
I agree. The combine time was shocking for a reason. I was expecting Mims to be a 4.5 guy, Aiyuck to be a low 4.4 guy and Reagor to be a sub 4.4 guy.

Kind of went the opposite way.

But I still really like Mims. My thought process is still the same.

Jefferson
Mims
Aiyuck
Reagor

I would be thrilled with any of those players.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Holy nards this is awesome. Thank you for sharing!
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!