Packers @ Cowboys Wild Card GDT: Sunday, January 14th, 3:30 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

It would be better if Watson is healthy for this game. But Bo Melton's emergence has given the Packers another receiver with deep speed.

I think it all depends on which D shows up for this game. If they play aggressive and smart the Packers win by 8 or 9 points. If Barry reverts the Packers lose by 14.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Not gonna lie, as the week goes on, im growing in confidence that we are gonna win. We might even win pretty big.

This confidence feels good.

The underbelly of that feeling though is that I feel almost guilty that we are going to deliver this L to McCarthy and he is going to be rediculed and maybe even fired.

I really like Big Mike. I wish we were bulldozing through someone else on our way to the division round. We are about to bring him a lot of pain.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

I didn't realize that Bo Melton had such speed. He ran a 4.34 40 yd in the combine. Does anyone know how reliable the "Athleticism Score" is for NFL Draft Scout? Because he scored a 90.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/bo-mel ... a42762bf
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Success will come down to who does the best in the trenches. Our defensive front is going to need to bring it. They dont run the ball that well but pressure needs to be put on Dak and get him to the ground. Finish sacks and make him run for his life.

Offensively I think getting Jones going and wearing out their defense will be huge. Then start getting the PA game going. This secondary wants picks. Hit them with a few pump and goes and beat them over the top.

Packers 30
Cowboys 24
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Papa John wrote:
10 Jan 2024 09:06
I didn't realize that Bo Melton had such speed. He ran a 4.34 40 yd in the combine. Does anyone know how reliable the "Athleticism Score" is for NFL Draft Scout? Because he scored a 90.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/bo-mel ... a42762bf
Yes. He is incredibly fast. The athleticism score is real.

Watson is faster than Melton even though Melton ran a faster 40 at the combine but Melton admits it was because Watson didn't have a good 40 that day. But yes. Melton is a true 4.3's guy
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

We are in a win-win situation this week.

I got nothing but happiness when it comes to the Packers.

Win: and we advance for the opporutnity to ruin SF like they have done to us the past decade.
Lose: we get valuable playoff experience vs a playoff vet team that our young guys can build off during the offseason and the 19th overall draft pick.

What a time to be a Packers fan.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
10 Jan 2024 10:13

Win: and we advance for the opporutnity to ruin SF like they have done to us the past decade.
Lose: we get valuable playoff experience vs a playoff vet team that our young guys can build off during the offseason and the 19th overall draft pick.

This is how I feel. Win and its great experience for the team and more Packers football.
Lose and this team realizes just how much harder they need to work next year to win.

Now lets go clap their cheeks.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
10 Jan 2024 10:11
Watson is faster than Melton even though Melton ran a faster 40 at the combine but Melton admits it was because Watson didn't have a good 40 that day. But yes. Melton is a true 4.3's guy
They trained together and according to Melton, Watson has been clocked in the 4.2-range (and usually beat Melton in their footraces).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
10 Jan 2024 10:16
go pak go wrote:

This is how I feel. Win and its great experience for the team and more Packers football.
Lose and this team realizes just how much harder they need to work next year to win.

Same.

I'm virtually anxiety free about this game. I'm guessing as TD+ underdogs, the Packer players are loose too. Just play, baby.

Now, don't get me wrong, I want to and hope we win! But in my mind, we've already had a successful season. Either outcome comes with positives and they've already accomplished what they set out to do this season...with a playoff game still to play! Get this experience, see how well you respond to it, and build off it either next week or next year. Hakuna matata.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

*edit* ... skip ahead to like 33:07 or so.
Last edited by Labrev on 10 Jan 2024 12:20, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
10 Jan 2024 12:13
lupedafiasco wrote:
10 Jan 2024 10:16
go pak go wrote:

Same.

I'm virtually anxiety free about this game. I'm guessing as TD+ underdogs, the Packer players are loose too. Just play, baby.

Now, don't get me wrong, I want to and hope we win! But in my mind, we've already had a successful season. Either outcome comes with positives and they've already accomplished what they set out to do this season...with a playoff game still to play! Get this experience, see how well you respond to it, and build off it either next week or next year. Hakuna matata.
The only thing I'm hoping for is to see our offense show up.

I will be bummed if Love puts out the same performance he did in the Meadowlands.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
10 Jan 2024 12:17
The only thing I'm hoping for is to see our offense show up.

I will be bummed if Love puts out the same performance he did in the Meadowlands.
I think that was an odd fluke game against a good DC. I'm not worried about that going against Dan Quinn. Matter of fact, and as [mention]lupedafiasco[/mention] alluded to earlier, that Dallas secondary is full of risk takers. I think we're gonna see some big plays from the Packer offense if they can get their run game going and get into a PA rhythm.

Side note: Al Harris, love ya buddy but I hope these young Packer receivers turn that aggression you coach into your secondary guys into a weapon against them!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

We need to tank for draft picks, lets get our priorities in order :rotf:

I see no reason for a decline from Love or this offenses as Long as Jones stays healthy, I'am more worried about Joe Barry and the defense doing well again.

either way, I think we all know what this team is capable of when it's healthy, we've seen them at there most explosive self several times, and with stingy defense too, I 'am just hoping we bring our A game.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

With Carroll out, lot of Danny Quinn to Seattle rumors.

Hopefully he spends a lot of time this week touching up that resume and not focusing on J-Lo. I'll take a little distraction.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think it's safe to say Watson did in fact have a setback on his hamstring.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
10 Jan 2024 14:08
Why? Got news?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
10 Jan 2024 14:27
go pak go wrote:
Why? Got news?
Oh. I though Spoff said all (including Watson) were OUT.

Instead he said "all were out there"
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Here you go, less confusing:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
when? a person would lose track of all the Watson set backs, glad to hear he's practicing and hoping he plays, really thankful we took Reed, Watts, Kraft and Musgrave for insurance, we needed them.

Adding his speed along with Reed and Melton would really stress a secondary, and open up the shorter stuff for everyone.

I'd love (pun intended) to really lay a whipping on Dallas, the Jerry Jones Dallas, I just wish McCarthy and Williams wouldn't be involved, Dallas is just one of the teams that I always want to punish, I think it's the losses from the 90's :lol: