Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
10 Jan 2024 10:28
Yoop wrote:
10 Jan 2024 10:26
Labrev wrote:
10 Jan 2024 10:18

eh, I'd like to see Love take us back more to the Favre era where he will throw to you, ready or not, like he did with rookie Greg Jennings or a Sidney Rice in MIN, and allowing us to cycle through the replaceable guys a bit more quickly and get new guys going more quickly, rather than having to worry about if the QB will "connect" with the replacements and hold onto just okay players longer than we ought to.
thats not a QB issue, thats the job of the GM, not everything is the fault of our past QB, figured you push this line.
No, it's patently not the GM's job to make the QB throw to a talented WR, only to supply talented WRs.
no Packer QB ever refused to pitch the ball to a talented receiver, or even a middling receiver as long as they took there job seriously, this is you with more idiotic BS aimed at Rodgers

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Receivers who "don't take their job seriously," but are open don't get the ball! In all seriousness, I want what Love has been doing the last 9 weeks, playing within the offense, taking what the defense gives him and hitting the open man. Take those calculated shots, but don't try to force it down the field.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 10 Jan 2024 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
10 Jan 2024 10:18
go pak go wrote:
10 Jan 2024 09:47
I still honestly think Doubs will be in our long term plans. Love and Doubs have a great connection and relationship.
eh, I'd like to see Love take us back more to the Favre era where he will throw to you, ready or not, like he did with rookie Greg Jennings or a Sidney Rice in MIN, and allowing us to cycle through the replaceable guys a bit more quickly and get new guys going more quickly, rather than having to worry about if the QB will "connect" with the replacements and hold onto just okay players longer than we ought to.
I don't worry about that at all.

Love throws to anyone. Even in key situations. All that matters to Love is if the player is the right read for that play (based on what we have seen so far)

Was it not Toure that Love threw to the back corner of the EZ on 3rd down in NYG? Toure didn't make the play, but Love didn't care who the last name was.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
10 Jan 2024 10:37
Labrev wrote:
10 Jan 2024 10:28
Yoop wrote:
10 Jan 2024 10:26

thats not a QB issue, thats the job of the GM, not everything is the fault of our past QB, figured you push this line.
No, it's patently not the GM's job to make the QB throw to a talented WR, only to supply talented WRs.
no Packer QB ever refused to pitch the ball to a talented receiver, or even a middling receiver as long as they took there job seriously, this is you with more idiotic BS aimed at Rodgers
I did not claim that.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

me to, just like Rodgers did when he had some talented receivers, this idea that Rodgers didn't spread the ball around stems from the below average WR talent on this team for years.

Rodgers is a first ballot HOF QB because he spread the ball around, you can count his HOF WR with zero fingers.

why Packer fans feel the need to trash ex players will always baffle me, I probably dislike the personal part of Rodgers as much as anyone here, that doesn't blind me to his ability as a QB, or what he's meant to the win/lost record for this team.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Yoop wrote:
10 Jan 2024 10:50
Rodgers is a first ballot HOF QB because he spread the ball around, you can count his HOF WR with zero fingers.
FWIW, that's the same number of fingers you need to count the Hall of Fame receivers that Bart Starr and Brett Favre had. Hall of Famers are rarer than we might think, and James Lofton is the only one the Packers ever had.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
me to, just like Rodgers did when he had some talented receivers, this idea that Rodgers didn't spread the ball around stems from the below average WR talent on this team for years.
So it's ok not to the spread the ball around with below average WR talent on the team? I would think that would be the time to spread the ball around.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 10 Jan 2024 11:21, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

flapackfan
Reactions:

Post by flapackfan »

dsr wrote:
10 Jan 2024 11:03
Yoop wrote:
FWIW, that's the same number of fingers you need to count the Hall of Fame receivers that Bart Starr and Brett Favre had. Hall of Famers are rarer than we might think, and James Lofton is the only one the Packers ever had.

Don Hutson

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

dsr wrote:
Yoop wrote:
2 in the HOF, Hutson, Lofton, Sharp is a HOF snub, based mostly on lack of years, and Adams may still have a chance, right it is hard for WR to get in, doesn't mean it's easy for a QB though :aok:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Jan 2024 11:15
Yoop wrote:
So it's ok not to the spread the ball around with below average WR talent on the team? I would think that would be the time to spread the ball around.
go look at game stats, you will find that Rodgers spread the ball around to anyone he saw open, at least most of the time.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Jan 2024 11:36
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
go look at game stats, you will find that Rodgers spread the ball around to anyone he saw open, at least most of the time.
You just said the idea that Rodgers didn't spread the ball around was because of below average WR talent... Is that just a yoop pet topic insert or an actual observation?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Jan 2024 11:40
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

You just said the idea that Rodgers didn't spread the ball around was because of below average WR talent... Is that just a yoop pet topic insert or an actual observation?
twist it any way you like. it's obviously both.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Jan 2024 11:43
Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Jan 2024 11:40
Yoop wrote:

twist it any way you like. it's obviously both.
So Rodgers didn't spread the ball around because he had below average WR talent? But I thought you just said the game stats say Rodgers did spread the ball around to anyone he saw open?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

the whole thing we heard about Rodgers-as soon as his WRs were young and not vets like Driver, Jennings, Jones etc...about "he has to be able to trust you" and "if he goes to you, dont expect him to go to you again if you arent in the right spot" or whatever all that was...was always super weird.

If you noticed all year long when Mahommes was dealing with total bums, he still went over the top to build them up in pressers. Thats because he KNOWS he needs them. He knows they suck, but hes hoping confidence will help them turn the corner.

We always just heard from Rodgers that you needed to "earn the right to get the ball"

That was always goofy to me
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

We are in the playoffs still talking about Rodgers.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Jan 2024 11:51
the whole thing we heard about Rodgers-as soon as his WRs were young and not vets like Driver, Jennings, Jones etc...about "he has to be able to trust you" and "if he goes to you, dont expect him to go to you again if you arent in the right spot" or whatever all that was...was always super weird.

If you noticed all year long when Mahommes was dealing with total bums, he still went over the top to build them up in pressers. Thats because he KNOWS he needs them. He knows they suck, but hes hoping confidence will help them turn the corner.

We always just heard from Rodgers that you needed to "earn the right to get the ball"

That was always goofy to me
people are saying some crazy &%$@, Rodgers never held anyone back, if a receiver did stuff right in weekly practice, he got to play, if he became open in Rodgers route progressions, then Rodgers threw him the ball, everything else is bloviated BS made up by people who disliked Rodgers, it's laugh out loud funny all the blame thrown his way, while people defend the block headed insanity of not bringing better talent then the 3 stooges for 8 years.

of course a WR has to earn the right to play, or be thrown the ball :idn:

we have a situation unique to this season, and last season, we have had no one else to use at WR accept all these rookies and 2nd season guys, everything about this situation is abnormal, do people think all these kids would start and see as much play time if they where on a more WR stocked team? hell no they wouldn't.

again people want to blame the past QB for the ineptness of our GM's :thwap:

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

flapackfan wrote:
10 Jan 2024 11:16
dsr wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Don Hutson
Thanks. I read the Packers website and that calls him an end. I didn't check the small print! (But still not there for Starr or Favre!)

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

LaFleur may have not won it yet, but...

He resurrecerted AR's career to the tune of two MVPs at old age, but has since rebuilt with success with Jordan Love.

LaFleur made the O work this year with a first year starting QB, zero receiving stars, rookie TEs, Oline that lost the LT early, oft injured RBs. If this had been any year's receiving core for any year, Yoop would have gone mental with the lack of support the QB has. This season, and previous draft, Gutey hit it, and LaFleur coached em..

After all that. Do you REALLY think LaFleur has done a bad job, and want to fire him and roll the dice on someone who somehow would win SBs faster?

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »