Jordan Freaking Love

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

And he actually played better than his stat-line, two ridiculous passes both of which should have been TDs wiped out.

Jordan freaking Love indeed.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

TheSkeptic wrote:
10 Jan 2024 03:51
AmishMafia wrote:
09 Jan 2024 09:18
Here's the deal. We did great with rookies and first year players at the receiver position. We hit upon the correct model. Going forward we should:

1. Not sign any veteran WRs
2. Trade Watson, Toure, and doubs at end of season
3. Trade Reed, Musgrave, Kraft, Melton, Wicks and Heath after 2024 season
4. Just keep drafting 3 WRs and a TE every year.

The system works!

Or maybe every draft is different, every player unique (and a risk) and maybe we just caught lightning in a bottle this year with Gute hitting a grand slam. Or maybe Love is outstanding at communicating with receivers and develops a strong rapport much quicker than most QBs. Probably a bit of both is my guess.
You won't even get a conditional 7th for Toure
Package deal. All 3 to KC for OC Humphry.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

wallyuwl wrote:
10 Jan 2024 13:39
[mention]wallyuwl[/mention] Thanks for posting this.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Don Beebe the last Packer to win 2 in a row I think I saw.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

BeeBeeBeeBeeBee…

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
10 Jan 2024 08:30
salmar80 wrote:
09 Jan 2024 17:06
I know I'm crazy, but between resurrecting Aaron Rodgers to two MVP while completely revamping the offence from the stale MM system, to then moving on to Love and rebuilding the system again to feature Love's and his young weapons' strengths and making the playoffs... So I think LaFleur is a fantastic offensive HC.

Where's the puke bag. Where's the playoff choke list? Where's the number of championships won list? GO PACK GO!
It took Curly almost a decade, Lombardi a couple of years, Holmgren 5 seasons, McCarthy 5.

So if LaFleur wins it all this year, he'll match or beat most of the greats. If not, I would not mind him winning it in season 6.

Your hate on him is fantastic. Like how do you hate on an offensive head coach, who has led his team to the playoffs with a 1st year QB, zero star receivers, no LT1, rookie TEs, and mostly injured RBs, and a D that could not be relied upon?

That's coach of the year material!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

salmar80 wrote:
10 Jan 2024 23:30
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
salmar80 wrote:
09 Jan 2024 17:06
I know I'm crazy, but between resurrecting Aaron Rodgers to two MVP while completely revamping the offence from the stale MM system, to then moving on to Love and rebuilding the system again to feature Love's and his young weapons' strengths and making the playoffs... So I think LaFleur is a fantastic offensive HC.

Where's the puke bag. Where's the playoff choke list? Where's the number of championships won list? GO PACK GO!
It took Curly almost a decade, Lombardi a couple of years, Holmgren 5 seasons, McCarthy 5.

So if LaFleur wins it all this year, he'll match or beat most of the greats. If not, I would not mind him winning it in season 6.

Your hate on him is fantastic. Like how do you hate on an offensive head coach, who has led his team to the playoffs with a 1st year QB, zero star receivers, no LT1, rookie TEs, and mostly injured RBs, and a D that could not be relied upon?

Fair enough on the stats. It's not "hate", it's "disdain".

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
10 Jan 2024 23:39

Why the constant disdain, even now?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Jan 2024 07:28
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Last edited by Yoop on 11 Jan 2024 10:02, edited 1 time in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
salmar80 wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

This is actually turning into one of my favorite things on this forum. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pckfn23 wrote:

Probably strange boomer stuff like not having Holmgren's authoritative walk or something. 'Shoulda hired Marty Mornhinweg's third cousin's accountant's secretary's stepson... where's that Packer LINEAGE with LaCoach?? :idn: GO PACK GO!
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
salmar80 wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Are you sure?

image.png
image.png (16.8 KiB) Viewed 586 times
image.png
image.png (22.95 KiB) Viewed 586 times

Read More. Post Less.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Labrev wrote:
11 Jan 2024 08:57
Pckfn23 wrote:

Probably strange boomer stuff like not having Holmgren's authoritative walk or something. 'Shoulda hired Marty Mornhinweg's third cousin's accountant's secretary's stepson... where's that Packer LINEAGE with LaCoach?? :idn: GO PACK GO!
His wife is in love with him

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Oh he's explained it.

MFL took a whole EIGHT weeks to get Love to MVP level. EIGHT WEEKS!!

It should have been THREE WEEKS TOPS!!!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
11 Jan 2024 09:33
Labrev wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Oh he's explained it.

Nah I feel like it's a more deep-seated/visceral dislike, not rooted in anything objective, and complaints like that are just after-the-fact justifications for it.

I honestly get the sense he just doesn't like that Matt is a pretty boy, or his general mannerisms. He's just... not what a Packers coach "looks like," in stark contrast to his predecessor, who looked more like a Packers coach than anyone who has ever walked the earth.
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
11 Jan 2024 09:51
go pak go wrote:
11 Jan 2024 09:33
Labrev wrote:

Oh he's explained it.

Nah I feel like it's a more deep-seated/visceral dislike, not rooted in anything objective, and complaints like that are just after-the-fact justifications for it.

I honestly get the sense he just doesn't like that Matt is a pretty boy, or his general mannerisms. He's just... not what a Packers coach "looks like," in stark contrast to his predecessor, who looked more like a Packers coach than anyone who has ever walked the earth.
Maybe Matt spurned his advances...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

most here wanted Sean Patton to be the HC, I doubt anyone saw McCarthy getting the job, and he sure isn't a comparison to Holmgren even if they did come from the same team, I doubt McCarthy ever even rode on a motorcycle :lol: what Mike, Mike, and Matt have in common is innovative scheme design more currant then there predecessor, a breath of fresh air, Course Holmgren split before he had a chance to become stale.

not many are able to reinvent themselves unless they go elsewhere, even then it's probably just a minor scheme adjustments, the right players can make old stuff like new again, but change is inevitable, unless ya adopt some new stuff your new home wont last long.

I think Matt brought some great schemes schemes for our offense, the rest of the stuff has been OTJ learning, which every coach experiences, to me his fail is loyalty to those he's hired, but then that is also very common amongst HC's, firing a guy ya hired is also admitting a mistake, but keeping them to long is even worse :nono:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »