Let The Firings Begin

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Speaking of Fired, Rodgers is out at McAfee show.

About time. He's the worst kind of conspiracy theorist...says something crazy and then walks it back because we misunderstood him and now he's the victim and I'm sure he'll blame cancel culture. At least go all in if you're going to be a nut job.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
10 Jan 2024 12:50

About time. He's the worst kind of conspiracy theorist...says something crazy and then walks it back because we misunderstood him and now he's the victim and I'm sure he'll blame cancel culture. At least go all in if you're going to be a nut job.
It was really cool in 2020.

But like all things. Good things must come to an end. I haven't watched in a year and quite frankly lost all interest doing so. I wonder how much of a "spike" in viewers it got after he got traded to NYJ and then only played 4 snaps.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

the season is over, think he was done about this time last year too.

with comments made about ESPN and some of the management it would seem Rodgers wants this to end, the longest stint for him at any one thing is being the Packer QB, and he did his best to end that since 2018, obviously side affects of ADHD :lol:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
10 Jan 2024 13:22
Pete Carrol is a piece of sh*t but can't help but respect what he did for that organization.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Wow, pretty surprising development there. Pete is a good coach, but he would turn 73 next season and they fell short of expectations, so it does make sense to go in a different direction now.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Winningest coach in team History, staying around as advisor, he might be reaching burn out, 50 years of coaching, with some great lineage, Bud Grant, Bill Walsh and more, always thought he was a great coach, players coach. don't know anything about the guy personally though, maybe he is a jerk, this is his coaching history for anyone interested

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/p ... ho-you-are

his words speak volumes to me

It’s not about the ownership,” Carroll added. “It’s not about the coaching. It’s not about the color of the uniforms or going to the stadiums. It’s about those guys doing what they do and putting their bodies on the line so regularly … We should always, in my opinion, understand that we should celebrate those guys because they are the NFL.”

so spot on, the players make the NFL, the players are the team.
Last edited by Yoop on 11 Jan 2024 07:30, edited 1 time in total.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

BF004 wrote:
10 Jan 2024 09:16
texas wrote:
10 Jan 2024 03:04
BF004 wrote:
09 Jan 2024 16:35
Has there ever been a HC-Coordinator relationship that eventually swapped?

E.g., Vrabel HC, Lafleur OC to LaFleur HC; Vrabel DC?

Gotta be a bit of a weird dynamic.
MM and Mike Nolan
Good find, didn't Nolan only make it 1 year?
Yeah, I believe so

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Acrobat wrote:

I think he's just out for the remainder of the NFL season. And normally I would say we could read between the lines and assume that it's permanent despite what they say, but McAfee is a bit of a wild card loose cannon so I could see him bringing back Rodgers in a few weeks. Hell, McAfee may be off ESPN before summer if his MO is any indication.

I'm a big fan of Rodgers' work on the show. I disagree with him on the jab but I like the direction his career has taken.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Labrev wrote:
10 Jan 2024 10:35
Yeah I think Eberflus has been fine with his side of the ball and has player support.

They definitely need to get their OC hire right though, much like we do at DC.

As an aside, I do not want Luke Getsy back. We didn't develop anyone at QB in his first stint, Love didn't improve much under him when he came back, he got *a little* improvement out of Justin Fields late this season but it has been far below the talent he has and had shown at OSU. So what exactly is his strength as a coach? No thanks, keep Tom Clements for a few more years if he's willing, then get a new set of eyes.
totally agree, never saw the appeal of Getsy, whereas Clements' work speaks for itself

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Good for Johnson (and the Packers). Should get an offer as with 4 suitors you know one will feel they have to act fast to get him. Loss of a great OC can have a big negative effect on the Lions.

Not surprised with Pete Carrol. It's a huge workload and he's 77. I know he seems to have the energy of a young man, but there are limits. Impressive as a coach. But a cheater.

Got a laugh out of Chicago firing Getsy. Now Fields is going to have to learn a whole new system. Just when he was starting to look good. Get some OL help in the draft and he will look even better.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

TEN requests to interview former QB and current NYG OC Mike Kafka
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/te ... a3c1&ei=15
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev wrote:
10 Jan 2024 16:34
TEN requests to interview former QB and current NYG OC Mike Kafka
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/te ... a3c1&ei=15
Joe Barry getting bad OC’s interviews :shock:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Nick Saban out at bama

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
10 Jan 2024 18:00
Nick Saban out at bama
Retiring

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Acrobat wrote:

And McAfee complained that he was tired of all the drama that 12 brought. I read that to mean that his ratings aren't as high with 12 on the show now as they used to be. McAfee egged on that drama plenty of times. It's just phoney for him to say that he's tired of it.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Scott4Pack wrote:
10 Jan 2024 18:37
Acrobat wrote:

And McAfee complained that he was tired of all the drama that 12 brought. I read that to mean that his ratings aren't as high with 12 on the show now as they used to be. McAfee egged on that drama plenty of times. It's just phoney for him to say that he's tired of it.
I find his show boring. AJ does and adds nothing, just sits there and smiles on the split screen. It isn't even mildly entertaining now that he had had to clean it up for ESPN vs just being streamed. AR on Tuesdays was the best part of the show. I don't know what happened to him on WWE.