Packers @ Cowboys Wild Card GDT: Sunday, January 14th, 3:30 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
10 Jan 2024 14:32
I'd love (pun intended) to really lay a whipping on Dallas, the Jerry Jones Dallas, I just wish McCarthy and Williams wouldn't be involved, Dallas is just one of the teams that I always want to punish, I think it's the losses from the 90's
Williams...who?

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Cowboys are going to put up points no matter what - game is really going to be on the off to keep up.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
10 Jan 2024 15:33
Yoop wrote:
I'd love (pun intended) to really lay a whipping on Dallas, the Jerry Jones Dallas, I just wish McCarthy and Williams wouldn't be involved, Dallas is just one of the teams that I always want to punish, I think it's the losses from the 90's
Williams...who?

Whoops, I meant Al Harris

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
10 Jan 2024 14:08
I think it's safe to say Watson did in fact have a setback on his hamstring.
when? a person would lose track of all the Watson set backs, glad to hear he's practicing and hoping he plays, really thankful we took Reed, Watts, Kraft and Musgrave for insurance, we needed them.

Adding his speed along with Reed and Melton would really stress a secondary, and open up the shorter stuff for everyone.

I'd love (pun intended) to really lay a whipping on Dallas, the Jerry Jones Dallas, I just wish McCarthy and Williams wouldn't be involved, Dallas is just one of the teams that I always want to punish, I think it's the losses from the 90's :lol:
read my next post
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

APB wrote:
10 Jan 2024 12:13
lupedafiasco wrote:
10 Jan 2024 10:16
go pak go wrote:
10 Jan 2024 10:13
We are in a win-win situation this week.

I got nothing but happiness when it comes to the Packers.

Win: and we advance for the opporutnity to ruin SF like they have done to us the past decade.
Lose: we get valuable playoff experience vs a playoff vet team that our young guys can build off during the offseason and the 19th overall draft pick.

What a time to be a Packers fan.
This is how I feel. Win and its great experience for the team and more Packers football.
Lose and this team realizes just how much harder they need to work next year to win.

Now lets go clap their cheeks.
Same.

I'm virtually anxiety free about this game. I'm guessing as TD+ underdogs, the Packer players are loose too. Just play, baby.

Now, don't get me wrong, I want to and hope we win! But in my mind, we've already had a successful season. Either outcome comes with positives and they've already accomplished what they set out to do this season...with a playoff game still to play! Get this experience, see how well you respond to it, and build off it either next week or next year. Hakuna matata.
I have tried telling myself the same thing, but its just a protective measure for me. I have gotten pretty Jacked up for this game!!! Come Sunday afternoon I will be losing my mind a bit. Whenever they lose in this years playoffs, I will be super heartbroken. Its in my nature. I always want them to win so much.
If they lose, eventually I will be able to look at the positives and how bright the future is, but it will take a about 3 days of depression first. :lol:

In the words of the late Al Davis " Just Win Baby"!

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Can the defense gets some stops??? Can the D-line be disruptive? Is Jaire gonna be Jaire? The Jaire that shut down Justin Jefferson in the past could potentially limit CeeDee Lamb. Is Barrys game plan and adjustments gonna be complete incompetence? Could Aaron Jone start gashing the cowboys defense for big runs? Is Jordon Love gonna keep playing at this high level he has?

So many questions. Wont have the answers for awhile yet. tick tock tick tock!!!!

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

What worries me is the defence appear to have only one way to stop any offence. Get it to 3rd and long, and sack the QB. If they don't get home, or if they don't get to 3rd and long, it could be trouble.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

dsr wrote:
11 Jan 2024 03:55
What worries me is the defence appear to have only one way to stop any offence. Get it to 3rd and long, and sack the QB. If they don't get home, or if they don't get to 3rd and long, it could be trouble.
Maybe we'll just have to engage in a wild shoot out then ................ and kick the Cowboys affffffesssss that way. I can see it now. Wicks, Melton, Doubs and Reed in a 4-wide set on every freakin' effen down. Balls flying all over the field. An air show that would make Don Coryell and Lynn Dickey proud. A full blown Green Bay air show. GO PACK GO!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Four Verts: Can Jordan Love's breakout season get punctuated with upset of Cowboys?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/four-verts ... 10547.html

these people seem to think so.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

MY_TAKE wrote:
11 Jan 2024 01:21
APB wrote:
10 Jan 2024 12:13
lupedafiasco wrote:
10 Jan 2024 10:16

This is how I feel. Win and its great experience for the team and more Packers football.
Lose and this team realizes just how much harder they need to work next year to win.

Now lets go clap their cheeks.
Same.

I'm virtually anxiety free about this game. I'm guessing as TD+ underdogs, the Packer players are loose too. Just play, baby.

Now, don't get me wrong, I want to and hope we win! But in my mind, we've already had a successful season. Either outcome comes with positives and they've already accomplished what they set out to do this season...with a playoff game still to play! Get this experience, see how well you respond to it, and build off it either next week or next year. Hakuna matata.
I have tried telling myself the same thing, but its just a protective measure for me. I have gotten pretty Jacked up for this game!!! Come Sunday afternoon I will be losing my mind a bit. Whenever they lose in this years playoffs, I will be super heartbroken. Its in my nature. I always want them to win so much.
If they lose, eventually I will be able to look at the positives and how bright the future is, but it will take a about 3 days of depression first. :lol:

In the words of the late Al Davis " Just Win Baby"!
Yeah I am so much calmer this year than say 2020 or 2021. Those years the expectations truly were Super Bowl or bust.

Both were absolutely crushing. 2020 because we truly were the best team in the NFL and 2021 because our defense actually stood up but the loss meant it was over. We all knew in our deepest hearts that 2021 was probably the last gasp shot at it.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

dsr wrote:
lol.

Get to 3rd and long. We are the worst team in the league on 3rd and long.
Yoop wrote:

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

go pak go wrote:
11 Jan 2024 08:31
dsr wrote:
lol.

I know. It worked against the Bears, when as far as I remember all three of their failed drives ended with a sack on 3rd and long. If the rushers don't get home, what happens next?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

dsr wrote:
11 Jan 2024 08:48
go pak go wrote:
dsr wrote:
lol.

I know. It worked against the Bears, when as far as I remember all three of their failed drives ended with a sack on 3rd and long. If the rushers don't get home, what happens next?
If the rushers don't get home...conversion. :lol:

3rd and 8
3rd and 18
3rd and 28

it don't matter.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

dsr wrote:
11 Jan 2024 08:48
go pak go wrote:
dsr wrote:
lol.

your right, we have to have a super pass rush to win this.

however I consider that to be the case with all defense now days, just to many great passing combinations with team now to think coverage can support poor or even average pass rush, it doesn't, and all this prevent stuff which seem more common now from some of the Fangio schemes simply allow well coached offenses that don't make mistakes to just short yardage pass and run to 6 points to often, great pass rush works whatever coverage scheme you use.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I dunno if this fits better here or in the general PPackers thread, but dang. The scale of roster turnover had not really hit me until this

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

that is some roster turnover, wow. I knew it was a lot, but pretty amazing when you see it in front of you. Many of those guys were regular players too. I think Amari was gone after this game though? I remember things went down hill after yet again, one of his muffs. But we pulled it out in the end. I remember my ride to the game texting, when do you want to leave, and I said after we win :)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Heard this is the 9th playoff matchup between Dallas and Green Bay, that is the most in NFL History.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
11 Jan 2024 13:00
Heard this is the 9th playoff matchup between Dallas and Green Bay, that is the most in NFL History.
I am pretty sure, for the exception of 2004 and 2011, every Packers postseason has seen the Packers play one of:

1. Cowboys
2. 49ers
3. A bird team (Eagles, Falcons, Seahawks, Cardinals)
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Jaire out of practice today with an ankle issue

Dillon didnt practice either
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23