Green Bay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings GDT - 9/13 - 12:00 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Feel like the one way Minnesota can control this game is if they can run on us all day.

Other than that, this D is really just stacked, if Dean Lowry and Chandon Sullivan/ILB2/Redmond are our worst starters, we are doing alright.

Other side of the ball, definite reason for concern with Yannick and Hunter in the pass game. Gunna have to likely leave Bak on an island all day and have Lewis or others on the right side to help whoever is RT. They have plus pass rushers, we have a likely weak spot at RT.

Similarly, they have two big ?'s at CB and we have a top 5 WR, that likely can never be singled all day. Gunna keepa safety back or LB underneath Davane's side all game and we definitely have a plus QB. Easiest path for success for us, also, is just to run all day as well, open up the play actions, target Davante heavy whenever the D pulls off extra help.

I am feeling very very confident for this game, more than I probably should as Minny is not a bad team, but I feel like if they are not able to run on us effectively, we will be fine.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Danielle Hunter has not practiced at all during training camp. I would be surprised if he plays. If he does play, I doubt he is going to be particularly effective.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

NCF wrote:
04 Sep 2020 19:57
BF004 wrote:
04 Sep 2020 19:21
I really wonder how fake crowd noise is going to be.

Like I hope it is smart, and like 3rd down on D at home is significantly louder than other downs and if it’s a blowout, tone it down, etc.
You know they won't do it smart.
Imagine being the Lambeau tech guy that screws up and cranks crowd noise up to full blast when the offense has the ball. :lol:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 Sep 2020 11:24
TheGreenMan wrote:
05 Sep 2020 11:01
NCF wrote:
04 Sep 2020 19:57

You know they won't do it smart.
I'm wagering crowd noise to be the same across the board, no matter the circumstance.
Was thinking the same myself. They can now control crowd noise to get exactly what they want at all times.

The good news is our stadium might actually be loud and quiet when it’s supposed to be.
If you hear any Icelandic in there, you know they're using the original good one...

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
07 Sep 2020 13:49
So probably no Raven Greene for this game then.
Greene, might be ready on Sunday, hoping for the best and he was sighted at practice on Sun. doing "limited" work
IT. IS. TIME

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

RIP JustJeff

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

Adams will do his usual 10 catch 125+ yards game against the purple.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
08 Sep 2020 08:27
Other side of the ball, definite reason for concern with Yannick and Hunter in the pass game. Gunna have to likely leave Bak on an island all day and have Lewis or others on the right side to help whoever is RT. They have plus pass rushers, we have a likely weak spot at RT.
Run at them. Get to the play-action game and that neutralizes those edge rushers. Yannick is not the run defender that Griffin is, so wear him out and yeah, TE's/formations, make it hard for them. This isn't Mike McCarthy's offense anymore, so my concern about putting our RT "on an island" is pretty minimal.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Sep 2020 08:49
Danielle Hunter has not practiced at all during training camp. I would be surprised if he plays. If he does play, I doubt he is going to be particularly effective.
Sounds like its moving closer to him not being available. That is a big break.

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
09 Sep 2020 12:11
Sounds like its moving closer to him not being available. That is a big break.
We'll see on Sunday.
Both HCs have been extremely vague and and tight-lipped and I'd guess the players were coached not to share anything either
Weds injury report might offer clarity
IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

I don't really see a way the Vikings beat us without Hunter. Their secondary is toast if they can't get pressure, and Bak will shut down Yannick.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

oh boy I hate it every time we blow off the vikes and there defense is " well we didn't have .. insert any particuler stud muffin missing, the whine is deafening :lol: hopefully Rodgers never takes his foot off the gas, and we really run up the score, run, with PA till there defense is bunched, then go air America on em.
45 to 13 Packers in there house would be a great way to start the season

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

There is certainly A LOT of confidence in here. Considering what I saw the last time the Packers took the field, I hope that confidence is truly warranted, instead of wishful thinking.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Gunzaan wrote:
09 Sep 2020 15:17
There is certainly A LOT of confidence in here. Considering what I saw the last time the Packers took the field, I hope that confidence is truly warranted, instead of wishful thinking.
Yeah I don't know if i can expect any blowout. It's week 1 and I always feel week 1 needs a qualifier.

However, I am very confident in this football team.

There are 3 positions I am not confident in and that is RT, DL2, and ILB2.

Otherwise, we have the pieces. It is there and I am excited for this Packers football team.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
09 Sep 2020 13:34
Huner goes to IR, so definitely out for 3 weeks.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Gunzaan wrote:
Welllll... the last time they took the field against the Vikings merits some confidence.

The Packers were better than the Vikings last year; they have immense continuity. And the Vikings got worse.

I am expecting a blowout. I'm confident we score 30 because they have a crap DL (minus Ngokwue who they have had in house for 1 week), and crap CBs.

This confidence doesn't carry over to the rest of the season. But the Vikings have only one advantageous matchup in this game and his name is Dalvin Cook versus our run defense.

This confidence is warranted. OBVIOUSLY, any given Sunday; week 1; quarantine; there are reasons to caveat. But I'm 75% confident we win and 50% confident we win easy. 25% is plenty or room to go wrong, but it's not enough room for me to pretend this is some sort of tough, even matchup.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Gunzaan wrote:
I am not sure I see this lot of confidence. I think we have a right to be confident in a win. I think very few expect a blow out.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Freewheelingutey
Reactions:

Post by Freewheelingutey »

Hunter placed on ir. Hopefully the beginning of another downward spiral for the queens!