POST GAME: WildCard at Dallas WIN

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:
14 Jan 2024 20:44
What impresses me is that each of the last three defenses we've faced are pretty good. Yet, our offense has enacted it's will, almost without limit.

Niner D will be tougher. But we have so many weapons. We have SPEED. The OLine is becoming very reliable. Love is surpassing expectations. And nobody has shown an Achille's heel against him now in how many weeks...
Yes, I don't recall us having this much speed on offense before.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Jan 2024 21:38
Im truly not scared of any team in the playoffs. NFC or AFC. I would think the hardest tests would be the 49ers and Bills but I think we can beat both.
I donno if any team is gonna beat Baltimore this year.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I feel bad for MM a little because I do think he gets fired for this one. I’d be surprised if he isn’t.

I just think Dallas has a really flawed roster. They’re a fast and finesse but easily dominated defense IMO and their offense just isn’t a very good playoff offense. You need multiple passing options that can win against DBs to be successful. Refs just let defenders play and get grabby and if you only have one guy he’s easily eraseable.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pugger wrote:
14 Jan 2024 23:37
lupedafiasco wrote:
Im truly not scared of any team in the playoffs. NFC or AFC. I would think the hardest tests would be the 49ers and Bills but I think we can beat both.
I’m definitely not that worried about them if we play them. They’ve got Lamar on offense and a bunch of bums.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

What a game! Pack is Dallas’ kryptonite. Love is so in a zone right now it’s unreal. The Wicks TD it looked like he audibled and gave new routes to the right side which obviously were successful. Jones looking real nice. Let’s go ruin the 49ers season!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Jan 2024 23:42
I feel bad for MM a little because I do think he gets fired for this one. I’d be surprised if he isn’t.

I just think Dallas has a really flawed roster. They’re a fast and finesse but easily dominated defense IMO and their offense just isn’t a very good playoff offense. You need multiple passing options that can win against DBs to be successful. Refs just let defenders play and get grabby and if you only have one guy he’s easily eraseable.
It might be good for MM to get the hell out of Dallas tbh. It is a freaking circus with that franchise. If Jerrah is dumb enough to can him Mike will get a new job so fast it will make Jones' head spin. The best thing about us beating those damn Cowpies is hopefully shutting up Michael Irvin. That clown crowed about "his" Cowboys all morning long on the NFL Network so much I had to turn the damn channel. :lol:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Pugger wrote:
14 Jan 2024 23:37
lupedafiasco wrote:
I’m definitely not that worried about them if we play them. They’ve got Lamar on offense and a bunch of bums.
Have you seen those bums play this year?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Jan 2024 00:07
How this guy gets zero recognition outside of Packers circles is baffling. He had a pro bowl year for sure.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I think going in, we knew we had this in us, but I for one didn't think it was the most likely outcome. What a great game.

Seems like a lot of the Cowboys fans think they choked or blew it when in reality, they just went up against a better team, at least on this day.

I've been trying to explain to all my Cowboys friends what happened, and what I think happened is that we are just a really good team that has an unstoppable offense, but not in the traditional unstoppable offense way where they light it up every game (although we did that in this game) but moreso in that what we have seen over the last 8 weeks is long sustained drives with chunk plays every now and then that result in very few punts.

I think having the WR corps that we do is also key and I suspect that other NFL teams may try to copy this arrangement to a certain extent going forward, but I think we might see a devaluation of the "let's focus on a specific good matchup to expose repeatedly" philosophy in favor of our philosophy, the "don't have a depth chart and instead just run the plays and go through the reads as they are designed" philosophy. Those 2 styles obviously overlap a lot in practice, but I really think what sets us apart is this WR corps being able to be a bunch of talented, hungry guys with no egos all running the play as it was designed. And then you throw a QB playing better than his predecessor (who is the GOAT when it comes to on-field technical performance) on top of that, which isn't even necessary for our success in such a system, and it's lights out for whoever stands in our way.

And then Aaron Jones can play off the WRs the way he did today and it just all melds together to get what we got today. As with the perfect QB play, in such a system a RB doing what Jones did today isn't necessary, but when he plays like that it just makes us that much better. Same thing with the defense. We generally can't stop anybody, so when we actually start stopping people, look out world.

So to my Cowboys friends, no I don't think Dan Quinn "was exposed", I don't think MM or Dak "choked", I just think that the Packers have something real special and this is what it looks like when our still very young and inconsistent team puts it all together. Maybe we don't play the same next week and we lose but idk, that offense over the past 8 weeks has largely looked pretty unstoppable. Exactly what we were all hoping for out of MLF when he finally got to be untethered from the Rodgers offense he inherited.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

BF004 wrote:
14 Jan 2024 23:17
YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Jan 2024 19:48
mnkcarp wrote:
14 Jan 2024 19:46

The move came even before that - those 8 points were scored with many of the defensive starters already out. Maybe always wait until the last 6 minutes?
We won by 16. I don’t think anything went wrong or taught lessons.
and yet it was the most anxious i've felt despite the 99.9% probability LOL

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pugger wrote:
14 Jan 2024 23:22
YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Jan 2024 20:38
Jerry Jones just said this was one of the five biggest surprises in his football career and looked like a broken man. And one of the most painful losses he’s experienced.

Garbage points didn’t share the Cowboys the pain and humiliation. We did it. We shattered them.
I was rebuked in the GDT for saying this but I still believe the 'girls thought this was gonna be an easy win for them and they never recovered after we smacked them in the mouth with 2 TDs early.
If you thought the Boyz figured on an easy victory, wait til you read how ESPN framed their initial divisional round match-up analysis:
Why the 49ers will win: Why won't they win? I can ask that question from now until the Super Bowl, because after the Packers dismantled the Cowboys, that left San Francisco without a major threat remaining in the conference. The 49ers are the best team in football, and they're the best team left in the NFC, by far.

San Francisco boasts the best trait a Super Bowl hopeful can have: the No. 1 offense (including the No. 1 passing offense). And it's by a lot. The Niners' 0.16 expected points added (EPA) per play was well ahead of the No. 2 team, the already-eliminated Dolphins at 0.12. Purdy is supported by an absurd set of playmakers in McCaffrey, Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel and George Kittle. Oh, and we're two paragraphs in, and I haven't mentioned the defense, with Nick Bosa, Javon Hargrave and Chase Young rushing the passer. The 49ers have so many strengths that they don't even need them all to click to win. -- Walder

Why the Packers will win: The flip side of all the compliments I bestowed on San Francisco is that they are all bad news for Green Bay. These two teams are not in the same league. But it's football. Things happen. The Packers could win, and it starts with Love -- not just because he's the quarterback but because of the type of quarterback he has evolved into over the course of the campaign. From Week 10 until the end of the regular season, Love finished second in QBR. The only signal-caller ahead of him? Dak Prescott, whom Love just outdueled in the wild-card round.

Defensively, even though the Packers have been disappointing all season, this is still a talented group. Could the Packers put it all together in their biggest game of the season? It remains possible. Turnovers, lucky bounces and an A-game from their defense are probably all necessary for the Packers to pull off this upset. But it could happen. -- Walder

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
14 Jan 2024 23:47
lupedafiasco wrote:

It might be good for MM to get the hell out of Dallas tbh. It is a freaking circus with that franchise. If Jerrah is dumb enough to can him Mike will get a new job so fast it will make Jones' head spin. The best thing about us beating those damn Cowpies is hopefully shutting up Michael Irvin. That clown crowed about "his" Cowboys all morning long on the NFL Network so much I had to turn the damn channel. :lol:
the best thing NFL net could do is get rid of Irvin, so obvious that Rich Eison is fed up with that loud mouth bum :aok:

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

texas wrote:
15 Jan 2024 02:04
I don't think MM or Dak "choked", I just think that the Packers have something real special and this is what it looks like when our still very young and inconsistent team puts it all together. Maybe we don't play the same next week and we lose but idk, that offense over the past 8 weeks has largely looked pretty unstoppable. Exactly what we were all hoping for out of MLF when he finally got to be untethered from the Rodgers offense he inherited.
All parts of the offense working like a fine tuned machine and this is what you get. How do you defend the Packers? Right now you can't. The Niners should be very worried and they will be. The Raven/Niner game was little eye opening for me. I can see a path to victory here for the Pack. They know what they can do now. Just go out there and take it . I think theres a reasonably good chance to win

Two huge thumbs up for MLF and the coaching staff.

Right now, not knowing how the rest season plays out. How would NFL prognostication for next year look from Fans and media? I am betting many would have Jordon Love as early front runner for MVP and the Packers coming out of the NFC. ITs just a fact with how they are playing. IM so jacked up right now.
Last edited by MY_TAKE on 15 Jan 2024 06:33, edited 1 time in total.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drink them up. Those tears will replenish your soul...

*warning: potty mouth

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Yoop wrote:
15 Jan 2024 06:21
Pugger wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

the best thing NFL net could do is get rid of Irvin, so obvious that Rich Eison is fed up with that loud mouth bum :aok:
I find myself agreeing alot with Lupedafiasco quite a bit lately

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pugger wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
I feel bad for MM a little because I do think he gets fired for this one. I’d be surprised if he isn’t
LOL. I understand your take Pugger. I don't let Irvin bother me. Thats his schtick and he is Mr cowboy fan like skip Bayless. If you want a little Packer Homerism try to check out James Jones on the different FS1 shows he is on. :lol: :lol:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Pugger wrote:
14 Jan 2024 23:22
YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Jan 2024 20:38
Jerry Jones just said this was one of the five biggest surprises in his football career and looked like a broken man. And one of the most painful losses he’s experienced.

Garbage points didn’t share the Cowboys the pain and humiliation. We did it. We shattered them.
I was rebuked in the GDT for saying this but I still believe the 'girls thought this was gonna be an easy win for them and they never recovered after we smacked them in the mouth with 2 TDs early.
I don't think they thought that at all. I think they knew it was going to be a real tough game. But they were under an avalanche of pressure to win a playoff game. To be Dallas 7 pt favorite at home. Jerrah needing a a SB. All that pressure made them play tight. But we are the better team by far right now. Had they played like us, it's just a game with nothing to lose it would have been more competitive. But from MM down they played not to lose and got their heads handed to them. If we can keep the it's just a game attitude we are going to scare a lot of people.