POST GAME: WildCard at Dallas WIN

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
15 Jan 2024 06:15
Pugger wrote:
14 Jan 2024 23:22
YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Jan 2024 20:38
Jerry Jones just said this was one of the five biggest surprises in his football career and looked like a broken man. And one of the most painful losses he’s experienced.

Garbage points didn’t share the Cowboys the pain and humiliation. We did it. We shattered them.
I was rebuked in the GDT for saying this but I still believe the 'girls thought this was gonna be an easy win for them and they never recovered after we smacked them in the mouth with 2 TDs early.
If you thought the Boyz figured on an easy victory, wait til you read how ESPN framed their initial divisional round match-up analysis:
Why the 49ers will win: Why won't they win? I can ask that question from now until the Super Bowl, because after the Packers dismantled the Cowboys, that left San Francisco without a major threat remaining in the conference. The 49ers are the best team in football, and they're the best team left in the NFC, by far.

San Francisco boasts the best trait a Super Bowl hopeful can have: the No. 1 offense (including the No. 1 passing offense). And it's by a lot. The Niners' 0.16 expected points added (EPA) per play was well ahead of the No. 2 team, the already-eliminated Dolphins at 0.12. Purdy is supported by an absurd set of playmakers in McCaffrey, Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel and George Kittle. Oh, and we're two paragraphs in, and I haven't mentioned the defense, with Nick Bosa, Javon Hargrave and Chase Young rushing the passer. The 49ers have so many strengths that they don't even need them all to click to win. -- Walder

Why the Packers will win: The flip side of all the compliments I bestowed on San Francisco is that they are all bad news for Green Bay. These two teams are not in the same league. But it's football. Things happen. The Packers could win, and it starts with Love -- not just because he's the quarterback but because of the type of quarterback he has evolved into over the course of the campaign. From Week 10 until the end of the regular season, Love finished second in QBR. The only signal-caller ahead of him? Dak Prescott, whom Love just outdueled in the wild-card round.

Defensively, even though the Packers have been disappointing all season, this is still a talented group. Could the Packers put it all together in their biggest game of the season? It remains possible. Turnovers, lucky bounces and an A-game from their defense are probably all necessary for the Packers to pull off this upset. But it could happen. -- Walder
Read that earlier. $%@# that guy!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Jan 2024 00:07
That is not true. I saw Parsons get past Tom and then push Jones back and hit Love late. Maybe Jones got blamed for the pressure but the fault was on Tom. With that in mind, it was still a hell of a game by the entire Oline. No sacks. Holes for Jones.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I'm not sure we appreciate just how hard throws like this are. Love does it effortlessly. A dime while running to his left with a rusher closing in. Just an incredible throw in the moment.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Seeing this play develop from the eye-in-the-sky view is just a thing of beauty:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

IMO a major takeaway. Dak Prescott is nowhere near as good as Jordan Love.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Loves move where he basically back pedals backwards to avoid pressure, then accurately throws off his back foot….is pretty special. Haven’t seen it often.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheSkeptic wrote:
15 Jan 2024 07:56
IMO a major takeaway. Dak Prescott is nowhere near as good as Jordan Love.
The way Love is playing right now I don’t think any QB is near Love right now. The ball location these last 3 weeks has been insane.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I am swapping between NFLN and ESPN this morning listening in on the talking head chatter. Mind you, I rarely watch either of these two networks for Monday morning reactions because they're far too annoying.

But anyway...

ESPN, in particular, is focusing on the Packers-Cowboys game extensively. Curiously (or not so much?), 95% of the talk has been about the failures of the Cowboys and what Jerry Jones must do with MM, Dak, et all going forward, with only the occasional mention of how well the Packers played. At one point Dominique Foxworth even went so far as to say they're eventually going to have to talk about how well the Packers played and, as if on cue, Mike Greenberg said no we don't.

It's hilarious, really.

Their all so caught up in their pre-game narratives that they refuse to acknowledge what they all saw. It's all so entertaining to me.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
15 Jan 2024 08:48
I am swapping between NFLN and ESPN this morning listening in on the talking head chatter. Mind you, I rarely watch either of these two networks for Monday morning reactions because they're far too annoying.

But anyway...

ESPN, in particular, is focusing on the Packers-Cowboys game extensively. Curiously (or not so much?), 95% of the talk has been about the failures of the Cowboys and what Jerry Jones must do with MM, Dak, et all going forward, with only the occasional mention of how well the Packers played. At one point Dominique Foxworth even went so far as to say they're eventually going to have to talk about how well the Packers played and, as if on cue, Mike Greenberg said no we don't.

It's hilarious, really.

Their all so caught up in their pre-game narratives that they refuse to acknowledge what they all saw. It's all so entertaining to me.
This is actually EXACTLY what we want.

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Aaron " Hat Trick" Jones, and "Jorden Love is God " should be painted on every under pass in Wisconsin :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
15 Jan 2024 09:15
Aaron " Hat Trick" Jones, and "Jorden Love is God " should be painted on every under pass in Wisconsin :lol:
no.

keep them human. Idolozie them after they retire.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

go pak go wrote:
15 Jan 2024 09:12
APB wrote:

But anyway...

It's hilarious, really.

It all reminds me a little of 2007. Packers had beaten the Seahawks in the divisional round and were waiting to see whether they'd be playing NYG or DAL in the NFCCG. When NYG won, I remember many fans expressing relief that we didn't have to face the vaunted Cowboys. Well we all remember what happened that year. Not many were taking NYG seriously.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Papa John wrote:
15 Jan 2024 09:27
go pak go wrote:
15 Jan 2024 09:12
APB wrote:

But anyway...

It's hilarious, really.

It all reminds me a little of 2007. Packers had beaten the Seahawks in the divisional round and were waiting to see whether they'd be playing NYG or DAL in the NFCCG. When NYG won, I remember many fans expressing relief that we didn't have to face the vaunted Cowboys. Well we all remember what happened that year. Not many were taking NYG seriously.
Yup. And I mean there are years the better team just crushes it. Atlanta crushed us in 2016 as they should have. SF did the same in 2019 as they should have.

But this team in particular seems to be very, very dangerous and for whatever reason people aren't buying them.

And I love it.
Yoop wrote:

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

go pak go wrote:
14 Jan 2024 19:32
Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Jan 2024 19:30
Amen. Preston Smith absolutely was huge on that play.

I think the learning lesson is you don't put in your backup quarterback after the opposing team just put up 8 points.
It's admirable to have confidence in your defense but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Barry's defense is gonna Barry...it's not if, it's when. In a game of this magnitude where the opposition is going to play the full 60 minutes, regardless of the score, you don't put in the "B" team. Foolish on MLF's part.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
15 Jan 2024 09:20
Yoop wrote:
no.

impossible, the rule here is to hate and chastise every ex player, unless they've licked the balls of who ever is running this team, accolades spur players to achieve more.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:
no.

Yeah let's not do the slavish cult worship thing again.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
15 Jan 2024 09:48
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:
no.

impossible, the rule here is to hate and chastise every ex player, unless they've licked the balls of who ever is running this team, accolades spur players to achieve more.
I’d lick some Gutenbumst balls for a SB.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:02
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:
no.

Yeah let's not do the slavish cult worship thing again.
If the past is any indication... Maybe third time's the charm?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."