Packers @ Cowboys Wild Card GDT: Sunday, January 14th, 3:30 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Jan 2024 18:49
YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Jan 2024 18:45
williewasgreat wrote:
14 Jan 2024 18:43
We need to get some pressure on the QB. He is getting a crazy amount of time.
Guys we won. We don’t need to do anything. We stopped trying to stop them because they’re out of time. It’s fine.

I know people hate the aesthetics of this, but nothing that has happened since 48-16 has mattered
Sure, but pulling starters and then putting them back in is not ideal
Awesome game.....but it didnt really need to be that close at end. If the pass to Lamb is shorter and he somehow comes down with the TD and 2 point conversion. onside kick recovery and they have a hail mary to tie with conversion. IT actually did matter. we have all watched some flukey crap before. Now....How about them packer!!!!!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
14 Jan 2024 18:53
Drj820 wrote:
14 Jan 2024 18:48
This has been poorly managed at the end.

To pull the starters and then risk injury of putting them back in cold is not good
I don't care about that. But we do need to look at how easy we let the Cowboys march down the field with such little time left.

You gotta put up a fight. We did none of that
Guys just stop it.

The team was up 4 scores with all 2-pointers with under 7 minutes left. They played soft coverage and ran out the clock. It was never going to fail. It doesn’t matter. It was never going to matter. The clock was done.

AND WE BLEW OUT THE 2-SEED ON THE ROAD WITH THE YOUNGEST PLAYOFF TEAM SINCE 1974!!!

:banana: :banana:

If you’re feeling negative right now that’s about you, not the late game strategy
Last edited by YoHoChecko on 14 Jan 2024 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Jan 2024 18:54
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

To pull the starters and then risk injury of putting them back in cold is not good
I don't care about that. But we do need to look at how easy we let the Cowboys march down the field with such little time left.

Let’s look at it:

We put in all backups and they kept starters in and tried to score. Anybody would do that against backups ha

I’m pretty sure I saw zayne Anderson on the field on their last td
Anderson was out there the last three drives, I think
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Jan 2024 18:56
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Guys just stop it.

The team was up 4 scores with all 2-pointers with under 7 minutes left. They played soft coverage and ran out the clock. It was never going to fail. It doesn’t matter. It was never going to matter. The clock was done.

AND WE BLEW OUT THE 2-SEED ON THE ROAD WITH THE YOUNGEST PLAYOFF TEAM SINCE 1974!!!

If you’re feeling negative right now that’s about you, not the late game strategy
Relax. We’re not being negative or arguing. Just talking about how it got a tad weird. It def did. I’ve never seen starters sit and then have to come back.

It’s all good tho. Good win.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Where’s the SF game day thread?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
14 Jan 2024 19:08
You stay away! We are riding this train. We get 24 hours!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Jerry Jones is probably dumb enough to fire McCarthy and he will wonder why he hasn't and won't win a Super Bowl since 1995.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Papa John wrote:
14 Jan 2024 18:37
Drj820 wrote:
14 Jan 2024 18:35
Papa John wrote:
14 Jan 2024 18:33

Because I’m paranoid.
I appreciate the honesty but I’m all for injury prevention at this point
If it’s still possible at all for the other team to come back, and the other team is a playoff team, I’m of the opinion that you play the starters.
I agree, specially with Barry's defense, We had to put them back in a series later, after his prevent failed to prevent the Cowboys from scoring.

I get trying to keep the starters healthy, but we yanked them a little early.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Whew what a game!
Incredible performance irregardless of the late garbagetime points!
I will enjoy this season and this game!
Not gonna even care about “next week” at least until Thursday

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Jan 2024 19:10
Jerry Jones is probably dumb enough to fire McCarthy and he will wonder why he hasn't and won't win a Super Bowl since 1995.
You know he wants to hire “Belichek”

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

BF004 wrote:
14 Jan 2024 19:08
NO! Not yet

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Jan 2024 18:58
YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Jan 2024 18:56
go pak go wrote:

Guys just stop it.

Relax. We’re not being negative or arguing. Just talking about how it got a tad weird. It def did. I’ve never seen starters sit and then have to come back.

It’s all good tho. Good win.
lol telling him to relax! After your posts! That’s rich

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
11 Jan 2024 18:06
:lol:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

But here‘s an interesting one going forward: did we win because we outplayed a good opponent or did we win because Dallas played with their pants down? So did we win bc we were that good or bc the Cowboys were that bad?

I dont have the football knowledge to decide, so maybe some here can give their opinion.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

We played that well.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
15 Jan 2024 12:05
But here‘s an interesting one going forward: did we win because we outplayed a good opponent or did we win because Dallas played with their pants down? So did we win bc we were that good or bc the Cowboys were that bad?

I dont have the football knowledge to decide, so maybe some here can give their opinion.
We are that good.

We dominated the Lions at their house on their day.
We dominated the Chiefs - it's just the score was a lot closer than the actua play.
We dominated the rising Bears.
We dominated the Cowboys.

I don't know what else you need to see the last month and a half.

Does that mean we will keep winning?

No. But it does mean the Packers have earned every win they have.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

German_Panzer wrote:
15 Jan 2024 12:05

I'd say both.

But I also think how we were playing, we probably win even if Dallas played their normal game. I think what we are seeing with the O lately is just beyond elite, like 2011 Packers quality. When they are clicking, you can't keep up with them, we can really only beat ourselves.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Don’t think they give out player of the week awards. But if they did, the only player in the NFL who could stop Jordan from winning 3 straight is Aaron Jones.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
15 Jan 2024 15:11
Don’t think they give out player of the week awards. But if they did, the only player in the NFL who could stop Jordan from winning 3 straight is Aaron Jones.
I mean, or CJ Stroud who also won a blowout playoff game against a top-level defense (but his was a smidge better) in his first playoff start (but he's a rookie) and had identical stats as Love except he had two more yards.

But for the NFC, we're golden :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Jan 2024 15:20
BF004 wrote:
15 Jan 2024 15:11
I mean, or CJ Stroud who also won a blowout playoff game against a top-level defense (but his was a smidge better) in his first playoff start (but he's a rookie) and had identical stats as Love except he had two more yards.

But for the NFC, we're golden :lol:
Guess should have clarified only player in NFC or NFC potw, yes, lol.