Wild Card Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

It was cold all over the country and we were the only game on.

People that never watch nfl were texting me about how Jordan Love shocked them, asking me who he was. Whole country also was laughing at Dallas outside of Texas.

The Green Bay Packers gave the world a show yesterday
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Is it crazy that TB prolly scares me more than any team remaining?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
15 Jan 2024 22:07
Yea
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I know there have been some injuries, but the Eagles are so bad that I can't figure out how they were ever good

Like their defense can't tackle--any of them; and their OL can't block, at all. Their QB who was a borderline MVP candidate last year can't solve a blitz.

Like even their healthy stars are all just playing terribly; consistently terribly.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’ll be rooting for the Lions. Really don’t wanna play the Buccs. Baker is so streaky but Evans and Godwin are just so good for playoffs rules.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Jan 2024 22:08
BF004 wrote:
Yea
I am not sure who I want to play in the NFC Championship more. I guess ultimately it doesn't matter. Tampa or Detroit. :dunno: :banana: :mrgreen:

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Jan 2024 22:19
I’ll be rooting for the Lions. Really don’t wanna play the Buccs. Baker is so streaky but Evans and Godwin are just so good for playoffs rules.
Well apparently we match up better against the Lions so, sounds good. I haven't been a Baker guy but, he kicked our ass not too long ago. Packers playing better now though. Seemingly playing better week after week.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

APB wrote:
15 Jan 2024 20:50
Papa John wrote:
15 Jan 2024 16:41
APB wrote:
14 Jan 2024 12:05
Has anybody seen any preliminary viewership numbers on the Peacock broadcast game? Curious how many new subscribers it attracted.
Reports saying it averaged 23 million viewers. NBC seems to be gloating over it. I would've loved it if the ratings had tanked.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/dolph ... 35871764/
From the article, they make it sound like 23m was a huge success. But then consider the Packers-Cowboys viewership numbers:

Thank you for bringing that stat- I was wondering about that exact metric. That article really did feel like they were trying to put lipstick on a pig.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

BF004 wrote:
The Eagles looked like they quit before the game even started. They made the Bucs look much better than they really are. I don't know what happened to Philadelphia, but they looked like the worst team in the league rather than a playoff team. So many people talking about McCarthy being fired, to me it's Siriani that should be fired. He lost that team somewhere along the line.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

APB wrote:
15 Jan 2024 20:50
Papa John wrote:
15 Jan 2024 16:41
APB wrote:
14 Jan 2024 12:05
Has anybody seen any preliminary viewership numbers on the Peacock broadcast game? Curious how many new subscribers it attracted.
Reports saying it averaged 23 million viewers. NBC seems to be gloating over it. I would've loved it if the ratings had tanked.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/dolph ... 35871764/
From the article, they make it sound like 23m was a huge success. But then consider the Packers-Cowboys viewership numbers:

It was a huge success, for Peacock. They're struggling. Big time. This was their hail mary

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

BF004 wrote:
Not crazy but if we make it past SF, I’m convinced that we will win the Super Bowl. Too much momentum and confidence.

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

I'd rather have the lions for one big reason: this team is built on speed and is SO fast on turf! I would love to play Detroit in the NFC championship. I really would feel like it would be a trackmeet but we would have zero pressure and they would be favored by two scores probably

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Lmao

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Three of the six underdogs this past weekend won their games outright (Packers, Bucs, Texans) with all three actually covering the spread going the other way. The Rams were also dogs, and lost, but managed to cover their spread, too.

All that to say I don't put a whole lot of stock in Vegas listing the Packers as 10 pt dogs this coming week. Bring on these mofo's...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
16 Jan 2024 11:27
Three of the six underdogs this past weekend won their games outright (Packers, Bucs, Texans) with all three actually covering the spread going the other way. The Rams were also dogs, and lost, but managed to cover their spread, too.

All that to say I don't put a whole lot of stock in Vegas listing the Packers as 10 pt dogs this coming week. Bring on these mofo's...
Vegas is making it super difficult for the officials to cover the spread :rotf:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I saw this while watching the game and commented to my friends how it was such BS. Glad I'm not the only one who saw it.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
16 Jan 2024 11:40
I saw this while watching the game and commented to my friends how it was such BS. Glad I'm not the only one who saw it.

Should be a note from the NFL to teams tomorrow, one would hope.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

APB wrote:
16 Jan 2024 11:40

I agree, i hate it. once you're a runner, you're a runner in my book. Sorry if the league doesn't like to see their stars get hurt. Don't run, or give up before anybody is within 5 yards of you. But than that adds another subjective rule they don't want. So, you run, you made your choice.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Could make a 'fake slide' an unsportsman like conduct penalty. Same way they would a 'fake wave' on a punt, probably other areas.

The slide is designed to protect the QB, it shouldn't be used as a method to get an unfair advantage because of the rule.