Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
09 Jan 2024 09:57
this almost seems like a fore gone conclusion, also the Jets drafting that highly rated TE with there first pick, Rodge needs weapons, and after all, we all know that Douglas has turned over the key's to the Kingdom to Rodgers :lol: again, Kingdom may be a poor choice of words :rotf:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I'm in.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
10 Jan 2024 08:16
I'm in.

I think a plug and play safety will be our one external free agent addition this year.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
10 Jan 2024 09:12
I think a plug and play safety will be our one external free agent addition this year.
I've been bemoaning the lack of high-end safeties in the draft this year and I literally forgot about free agency

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Today was the first time the @packers and @Lions won a playoff game in the same season! That's 197 combined seasons.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

NCF wrote:
10 Jan 2024 08:16
I'm in.

Me too. I had this guy in an IDP league in 2020 and he once got defensive TDs on back to back plays. He's a star and his coaches are idiots for not featuring him. He put in an all-pro caliber rookie year and so naturally, they decided to give him a different role the following season.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

It's become so hard not to cheer for these guys. I really wish they were an AFC team so that I could cheer them on whole heartedly. What a great moment for them and what a great vibe coming from that locker room.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Damn, quick decision.

Iggles got their work cut out for them this offseason.

Probably be the death of the tush push.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
16 Jan 2024 07:55
Damn, quick decision.

Iggles got their work cut out for them this offseason.

Probably be the death of the tush push.

Yeah he looked like he was dine in the sideline.

The Eagles need to rebuild. They’re old. Brandon Graham is old. Fletcher Cox is old. Kelce was old. Lane Johnson is old. They’ve got pieces to build around but they’ve gotta get younger and cheaper.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The Eagles are going to be an interesting team to watch this off-season. There appears to be some genuine dislike for Jalen Hurts among his offensive teammates. Throw in Kelce's retirement and it makes you wonder if that is related, as well...?

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

APB wrote:
16 Jan 2024 11:58
The Eagles are going to be an interesting team to watch this off-season. There appears to be some genuine dislike for Jalen Hurts among his offensive teammates. Throw in Kelce's retirement and it makes you wonder if that is related, as well...?

I think kelce is just done. He's had a hell of a career. I was a bit surprised he was back this year.

But those guys taking it their QB like that? what a trash bunch. Kind of like their fans, zero respect for anything. Just like winning, who doesn't. Learn some class Eagles and fans. Maybe take a class in the offseason or something? I'd say you act like 3 year olds, but mine have behaved better than that. and these guys call themselves professionals.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

APB wrote:
16 Jan 2024 11:58

It's obvious something is not right with that team right now. Goedert dropped one easy catch that I saw last night that would have been a first down.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

so Goedert blames Hurts because he dropped a catchable pass thrown by Hurts :thwap: weird, Mariota plays the go between trying to settle Goedert, Kelce says to hell with this I'am taking my ball and going home :rotf:

Hurts is like WTF, I allowed you's jerks to push me through DL all year, and ya hate me for it :idn: :rotf:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
16 Jan 2024 14:11
so Goedert blames Hurts because he dropped a catchable pass thrown by Hurts :thwap: weird, Mariota plays the go between trying to settle Goedert, Kelce says to hell with this I'am taking my ball and going home :rotf:

Hurts is like WTF, I allowed you's jerks to push me through DL all year, and ya hate me for it :idn: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

nice to hear the players opinion of tush push, I new it has to hurt for the center. ,uck my life :lol:

interesting, all 8 PO QB's have a above 90 QBR, Mahomes naturally??????? is #1, Love is #6 so his rankings can be debated, interesting read, covers the shortage of QB's in the league.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-power- ... 07283.html

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

RGIII and Jay Gruden trade barbs online:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ja ... 0733&ei=13
It started when Gruden posted, “If I ever put a QB through what Philly is putting Jalen through , I apologize. Pick up a blitz,” criticizing how the Eagles were pass protecting for Jalen Hurts throughout the game.

That led to Griffin posting a picture of himself and writing, “Say WHATTTT???” Pretty clearly, Griffin felt that he was among those quarterbacks who were owed an apology.

Gruden wasn’t interested in taking that lying down, though. He fired back at his former quarterback, accusing him of not being prepared. He wrote, “U weren’t prepared Robert ?”

Of course, in this back and forth, Griffin got another shot in, wondering if it was actually Gruden who wasn’t prepared for their time together. “You told me you didn’t know how to coach a QB who could throw and run like me, so looks like you weren’t prepared Jay,” Griffin shot back.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Sounds like some posters here (and other forums).

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I wonder why that didn't work out.

Read More. Post Less.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Obviously there was some sort of confrontation happening but do we know for sure that Goedert call him "a bitch" ? His head was turned away from the camera, so can't lip read.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells