Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
15 Jan 2024 07:07
It's become so hard not to cheer for these guys. I really wish they were an AFC team so that I could cheer them on whole heartedly. What a great moment for them and what a great vibe coming from that locker room.

Crazy the difference in expectations. 1 playoff win in 3 years and they are acting like they struck gold and won the Super Bowl. We'd have fired half of everybody by then. :lol:

I mean I get it, but noticeably different.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

WTF was Kraft thinking?

Dolphins and Bills and Jets having a party right now knowing it is now a 3 team division

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Charlie Kirk? Really? :rotf:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Pre the recent Bears-Packers contest at Lambeau Field, I decided to do a survey with random fans of our hapless opponent just south of the WI border. Ok, between the time I parked our vehicle and entered the stadium I was able to ask ten different Bears fans (I could easily tell who they were by the horid navy blue jerseys they wore) who they thought the Bears should pick, with the very first pick of the 2024 NFL Draft class. The first nine out of ten selectors unanimously picked Marvin Harrison Jr. The last selector, hesitated and said, “We need a new quarterback.”

It was a fun experience, every one of the survey participants was cordial and gave a friendly response.

One more data point.

I travelled to this game with my two daughters and a friend. This friend is a Bears fan. Four years ago we decided to go to Bears/Packers games. So we alternate between Chi-town and Titletown. You know your history, after the game a couple weekends ago, my pal’s team is 0-4 over this four year stretch. Darius remains cheerful about the situation and we plan on going to future contests together.

Now for the final data point.

The night before the game, I asked Darius, “Who should the Bears pick with their first pick in the draft next April?” Without hesitation, he said with a chuckle, “They better pick Marvin Harrison Jr.” So you can see that the survey data taken on Sunday confirms a pretty strong consensus among Bears fans. Darius also added, “If the Bears don’t pick Marvin Harrison Jr., I will start wearing GREEN AND GOLD!!

Smart fella, I knew he would come around sometime. :grin:
Last edited by GJPackerBacker on 18 Jan 2024 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
GO PACK GO!!!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
17 Jan 2024 19:59
It is all over social media. I could have picked any of dozens of accounts to post.
Focus on the video message not your TDS.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Idk what Mayo said was wrong. In a perfect world racism wouldn’t exist. It’s not a perfect world. I’ve lived in the North. I’ve lived in the South. I’ve lived in the Midwest. There’s a huge difference in the things I’ve heard from people from the South from the others. Disgusting things.

You do need to see color IMO because you need to understand different perspectives. Those persecuting and the persecutors.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Didn’t see anything wrong with what he said. Just speaking his truth. As a Native American, I understand what its like to be persecuted for being a red man. First they took our land, then they sent us packing unless our women mated with the white man (then we could stay), then they named a football team after us. And this was the highlight of our lives. But that all ended when the whites felt guilty for what they had done and pretended “redskin” was hateful and not cool.

So ya, I’m with Mayo.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

wallyuwl wrote:
17 Jan 2024 21:43
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
It is all over social media. I could have picked any of dozens of accounts to post.
Sorry, but the messenger here is important. Charlie Kirk is a schmuck who will highlight what he wants in a way to fit his political agenda.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

williewasgreat wrote:
18 Jan 2024 04:24
wallyuwl wrote:
17 Jan 2024 21:43
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Sorry, but the messenger here is important. Charlie Kirk is a schmuck who will highlight what he wants in a way to fit his political agenda.
You mean his oligarchic benefactors' agenda. Kirk is a bootlicker **edit** and a Fed.
Last edited by Labrev on 18 Jan 2024 06:38, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Just wally being wally, looking for something to be upset about.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

williewasgreat wrote:
The messenger is Mayo. His words. Kirk posted a video. This isn't hard.

The DEI hire's first priority is DEI. Good for all the other teams, especially in that division.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
18 Jan 2024 06:52
All kickers should be required to have the single bar facemask

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
18 Jan 2024 06:28
Just wally being wally, looking for something to be upset about.
:thwap:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Jan 2024 22:58
Didn’t see anything wrong with what he said. Just speaking his truth. As a Native American, I understand what its like to be persecuted for being a red man. First they took our land, then they sent us packing unless our women mated with the white man (then we could stay), then they named a football team after us. And this was the highlight of our lives. But that all ended when the whites felt guilty for what they had done and pretended “redskin” was hateful and not cool.

So ya, I’m with Mayo.

Read More. Post Less.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I didn't watch, but from the headline? I see color too. People are naturally wired to be drawn to similar, generally speaking and have a certain level of distrust to things dissimilar. We see differences, you can't avoid them. Some let those define people though and speak to them a bit too loudly of course, when experiences should help them to have learned differently.

People are people. I see color, it doesn't define them and I also see how others treat others sometimes based on that. But I see them treat people differently for all sorts of reasons outside of black, white, yellow and red too.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

wallyuwl wrote:
18 Jan 2024 10:02
williewasgreat wrote:

The DEI hire's first priority is DEI. Good for all the other teams, especially in that division.
You are an idiot if you think Robert Kraft hired a black man to satisfy DEI, instead of because he thinks Mayo can help his team win.

Also kind of racist to assume a black man was hired just because of DEI.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Uh oh! McCarthy was a crier. Outrageous! :lol:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Jan 2024 10:45
wallyuwl wrote:
18 Jan 2024 10:02
williewasgreat wrote:

You are an idiot if you think Robert Kraft hired a black man to satisfy DEI, instead of because he thinks Mayo can help his team win.

Also kind of racist to assume a black man was hired just because of DEI.
His #1 qualification was he was familiar (to Kraft). #2 qualification was his race. His resume does not come even close to warranting a head coaching job based on merit. Then in his first chance to be the face of the team he essentially just posted a big "Whites are racist therefore White players need not apply" sign outside of his office. LIS, good for the rest of the division and league who wants to win.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

sometimes being good, can be not so good. Chiefs played in one of the coldest PO games on record and now will play in the snow of Buffalo :lol:

Bills face more weather-related disruptions ahead AFC divisional playoff game vs. Chiefs

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bills-face ... 45256.html