Packers @ 49ers Divisional GDT: Saturday, January 20th, 2024, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:54
Labrev wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:44
Papa John wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:27
And I am sorry but I do t want to hear about how “this will be a great team for yours to come.” This WAS A GREAT TEAM NOW. But if you don’t catch easy INTS and execute, we’ll be saying “this team is built for the future” FOREVER!!!!!
Yeah but this team really was built for the future far more than for competing this year. Were there any doubt of that, remember that we traded one of our best defenders mid-season (could have really used him tonight).
Gute gotta go to bed knowing that we win this game with rasul on the roster
I can't' get behind that at all. The slot CB and safety didn't make the plays. Sul wouldn't have been in those spots.

The only thing the GM/coach could have considered was bringing in Mason.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Papa John wrote:
Labrev wrote:
Papa John wrote:
And I am sorry but I do t want to hear about how “this will be a great team for yours to come.” This WAS A GREAT TEAM NOW. But if you don’t catch easy INTS and execute, we’ll be saying “this team is built for the future” FOREVER!!!!!
Yeah but this team really was built for the future far more than for competing this year. Were there any doubt of that, remember that we traded one of our best defenders mid-season (could have really used him tonight).
You can’t play the “it’s supposed to happen tomorrow, not today” game in the NFL. You never know when you’ll have this opportunity again. Nobody had any film on this team. Next year they will. The task is only going to get harder. The opportunity was right here and we didn’t take advantage.
You are absolutely right.

This was an opportunity lost.

No one should be saying… there’s always next year. We all know there can be events that shut down a whole season. No need to make a list here I don’t want to jinx our team.

Go Pack Go!!
GO PACK GO!!!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

This is a team that should have won the divisional playoff game, but was built for future playoff games. Disappointing, but the future is bright.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:57
Drj820 wrote:
Labrev wrote:

I can't' get behind that at all. The slot CB and safety didn't make the plays. Sul wouldn't have been in those spots.

All in hindsight too. We were all mad weeks ago, but from a football standpoint it completely made sense. Love looked as close as "not the guy" as he looks "the guy" now.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
20 Jan 2024 23:59
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

All in hindsight too. We were all mad weeks ago, but from a football standpoint it completely made sense. Love looked as close as "not the guy" as he looks "the guy" now.
Post more! I love your takes!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Jan 2024 00:02
TheGreenMan wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Agreed! Your visits are way too infrequent, [mention]TheGreenMan[/mention]!

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

APB wrote:
21 Jan 2024 00:11
Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Jan 2024 00:02
TheGreenMan wrote:

Agreed! Your visits are way too infrequent, @TheGreenMan!
I know, I know.

Really miss the football discussion with y'all.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

It's literally the youngest team in the league, and got rid of a key player at the trade deadline for a draft pick.

That is by definition a team built for the future, far more than for the current season.

I am not disagreeing at all that this was a good team, and that we should have tried to make a serious run for this thing.

But no, it's not going to "only" get harder. It will get harder in some respects, but easier in others, which is why teams like SF and BAL were able to position themselves for this moment. They are building on previous playoff runs. They made moves for this moment. Those are big advantages that offset, if not outweigh, teams having film on you, as they proved by beating us and HOU (teams with the "wild card" factor) respectively.

Now we can position ourselves by building off of the experience, making moves of a team making a push, etc.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Dude still bitching about the Rasul trade is insane. That was one of best moves Gutenbumst made. We had a surplus of boundary CBs that were younger and cheaper. And we got a pick. Douglas doesnt change this outcome.

Of all the things we should be bitching about this one just sticks in fans craws.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:21
Pugger wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:19
go pak go wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:18
The 49ers got outplayed but have a horseshoe up their a$$

Words cannot describe how much I hate them f*cks
MLF got outcoached by Shannahan again.
LaFleur can’t make these guys catch picks.
Yeah, I have previously bought into the notion that MLF has little brother syndrome against Shannahan, but this is not on him AT ALL. The one thing I could say is that he should have called a timeout before the 3rd and 1 TD by CMC but even that I see both sides.

This game had a handful of plays that could have changed it

1. dropped INTs by Savage and Nixon
2. 3rd/4th &1 bad spot, but also bad execution stop in the red zone
3. Missed FG
4. Each of Love's INTs
5. Love's miss to Jones on 3rd down when he could have scrambled for it

We have to acknowledge that Love got tight late in the game. This is what everyone means when they talk about playoff experience. Last week was easy because it was never a game. This week, they got challenged in big moments and they didn't step up and weather the storm. That's ok; that's what people expected to see last week. That's something we can hopefully, maybe learn from. But that's what it was.

And of course there are plays that went our way that could be a list of plays the 49ers fans made had they lost. The 4 drops the team had, a couple consequential. The fumble recovery on the kickoff. The PI on a pretty bad underthrow on a TD drive. The blocked FG on a low-trajectory kick

And then the injuries. What would the game have looked like with Deebo? With Zach Tom? I think Devonte Wyatt went out in the 3rd Q and we had Wooden in there instead.

It was a very close game, so there will always be a number of individual plays on each side that could have made a difference if not THE difference. They got us this time, and the biggest factor, to me, were the dropped INTs and the general lackluster play by Love down the stretch. I'm not "blaming" Love or anything. But that's definitely an area of improvement for next year.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Labrev wrote:

never understood the mind set that unless that certain departed player makes a play another didn't his presence wouldn't have mattered, that diminishes the reality that said player had leadership ability and had been a inspiration to other players in the past, just possibly Rasul would/could have done that and had Nixon, Savage, others playing looser, when your wound up tight mistakes happen.

my issue was pass rush, when we got to Purdy, good things happened, when we didn't, he beat us.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

This young team beat the point spread two playoff games in a row (did NOT choke). :aok: :clap:

I cancelled my Detroit hotel reservation. :swear:

Rooting for Detroit in the NFC now (not Tampa or San Francisco). I'll take the Ravens or Bills to win the Super Bowl over any NFC team now. :woohoo:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
21 Jan 2024 06:45
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

never understood the mind set that unless that certain departed player makes a play another didn't his presence wouldn't have mattered, that diminishes the reality that said player had leadership ability and had been a inspiration to other players in the past, just possibly Rasul would/could have done that and had Nixon, Savage, others playing looser, when your wound up tight mistakes happen.

my issue was pass rush, when we got to Purdy, good things happened, when we didn't, he beat us.
So Savage would have made the pick had Sul stayed because of inspiration?
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
21 Jan 2024 09:36
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

how do you know he wouldn't? I think thats the question, your so concerned with being lock step with everything Gutekunst does that you will over look anything he doesn't do, same with coaches, your so quick to discount the reality that just one player, any player can and often do inspire better play in others.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
21 Jan 2024 09:44
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

how do you know he wouldn't? I think thats the question, your so concerned with being lock step with everything Gutekunst does that you will over look anything he doesn't do, same with coaches, your so quick to discount the reality that just one player, any player can and often do inspire better play in others.
I gotta hand it to ya.

I never considered "inspiration" on converting a dropped INT as connection to point out a GM's failure but once again your creativity to roll it to the top didn't fail to come out.

That's a new one yoop.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
21 Jan 2024 09:49
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I gotta hand it to ya.

I never considered "inspiration" on converting a dropped INT as connection to point out a GM's failure but once again your creativity to roll it to the top didn't fail to come out.

That's a new one yoop.
your the guy who wants to discount that chemistry, I'am the guy who knows it exist, players inspire one another, it helps them relieve tension, if you don't think those drops had to do with Savage and Nixon being wound tighter then a banjo string your kidding yourself.
would Rasul absolutely made that difference? no one can say, but it's common knowledge he motivated others, and was a excellent team mate others appreciated.
ya want to know a reason vets make mistakes? there trying to hard, and often the reason for that, is that others are unable to try hard enough, basically they know if they don't do a thing no one else will either, sorta like Adams dropping a TD pass, or the 2 dropped pics last night.

unless you don't believe the house money concept, tension is a killer for a player, so if another player can help relieve some of that, geesus I can't believe I have to explain any of this stuff to you, come on :thwap:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
21 Jan 2024 10:01
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I gotta hand it to ya.

That's a new one yoop.
your the guy who wants to discount that chemistry, I'am the guy who knows it exist, players inspire one another, it helps them relieve tension, if you don't think those drops had to do with Savage and Nixon being wound tighter then a banjo string your kidding yourself.
would Rasul absolutely made that difference? no one can say, but it's common knowledge he motivated others, and was a excellent team mate others appreciated.
ya want to know a reason vets make mistakes? there trying to hard, and often the reason for that, is that others are unable to try hard enough, basically they know if they don't do a thing no one else will either, sorta like Adams dropping a TD pass, or the 2 dropped pics last night.

unless you don't believe the house money concept, tension is a killer for a player, so if another player can help relieve some of that, geesus I can't believe I have to explain any of this stuff to you, come on :thwap:
24 hours ago this team was loaded with chemistry. We all reacted how they loved each other in the locker room. But now you are trying to lay claim Savage and Nixon dropped balls because of lack of chemistry? good grief.

The only young guy who made any real mistake was Carlson. The only vet who did anything substantial was Aaron Jones.

Everyone else younger than Savage and Nixon did just fine - actually contributed to our success. Your theory you're trying to push has as much merit as me kicking myself for wearing a green shirt rather than a yellow shirt under my Packer 1/4 Zip.

Every player in the league is expected to catch those gimme's. Not catching them is on them and them alone.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
21 Jan 2024 11:46
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I gotta hand it to ya.

That's a new one yoop.

24 hours ago this team was loaded with chemistry. We all reacted how they loved each other in the locker room. But now you are trying to lay claim Savage and Nixon dropped balls because of lack of chemistry? good grief.

The only young guy who made any real mistake was Carlson. The only vet who did anything substantial was Aaron Jones.

Everyone else younger than Savage and Nixon did just fine - actually contributed to our success. Your theory you're trying to push has as much merit as me kicking myself for wearing a green shirt rather than a yellow shirt under my Packer 1/4 Zip.

Every player in the league is expected to catch those gimme's. Not catching them is on them and them alone.
again you resort to contorting comments because thats the only come back you got, 24 hours ago both teams started the game tight, just as many games like this, what settles them down is each other and the coaches, Rasul Douglas was a big help with that in the past, hell every player voiced as much when he left, and locker room chemistry, love for one another is a different thing and you know it, well, actually it seems you don't, and I think it's because winning this argument is more important then just admitting that players are in each others ear the whole game, &%$@ happens for reasons.

billbird2111
Reactions:

Post by billbird2111 »

Pugger wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:34
MY_TAKE wrote:
Pugger wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:22

This was our year? We are a year away. Losing Tom killed us IMO. Whoever comes put of the NFC is gonna get smoked by Baltimore anyway.

You have been saying that all year pugger. Im sorry but this was a superbowl team right now! This game proves it. They have been playing as well as anyone. I am also not sure about your Baltimore prediction either. The last superbowl they won they were the final seed also. I vehemently disagree with your take.
A Super Bowl team finds a way to win a game like this, not give it away like this.
Gentlemen (and Ladies):

Please do not take the reference to ladies as some kind of dig. It's not. We have a few ladies who post on the 49er Webzone. I imagine you may have a few who visit from time to time as well.

I know that all of you are hurting. I know the feeling. Every 49er fan knows what it is like to lose in the playoffs and even lose a Super Bowl game. I'm not going to apologize for it. I'm thrilled that the 49ers are moving on. But I know how you feel and it sucks. The season is over. In a few weeks baseball will start. It won't heal anything, but time does. I know all of you will be back next year.

Some of my favorite comments, I believe this one is from Go Pack Go: "We put a horseshoe up their ass." Yes, you did. Nice take. A truthful take at that. Not disrespectful. Just truthful.

Another comment was along the lines of: "This was our year," with the implication that the team will not return to a moment like this. I cannot disagree with you more. Are you insane? LaFleur has managed to rebuild this team right under your collective noses. Do you think your QB is going to go *POOF* and turn into a pumpkin? He's not. I assure you. Next year he will return. Not only that, he will be a much better QB than he is now. Trust me on this. That guy is going to torment 49ers fans for YEARS. In a way, I think it's a bit unfair. Most teams have one great QB who leads them to a decade or two of winning and championships. But time takes its toll and suddenly the fun ends. Look at New England for proof. Or Seattle. The NY Giants? They've been looking for the new guy since Eli stepped away.

Other teams get really lucky and have a second great QB waiting in the wings. The 49ers had that. First Joe Montana and then Steve Young. I remember those teams. I remember them fondly. But Father Time still paid my favorite team a visit and brought a decade of losing with him.

That said? I think it's patently unfair that Green Bay has managed to pull a THIRD great QB out of that curd. That ain't supposed to happen. No team gets three great QB's in a row. Name one. I double-dare you. In the modern day history of the NFL, since 1967 merger, name one team that has managed to accomplish this. You can't do it. Because it has never happened before. Until now. That ain't fair. But it did happen.

The Green Bay Packers are the youngest team in the NFL and yes, they put a horseshoe up the collective asses of the San Francisco 49ers. The number one playoff seed nearly choked on it last night. Thank God they managed to dislodge it in the 4th quarter. No team has been able to stop the 49er running game. No team has been able to stop that patented CMC sweep to the left. NOBODY. Yet, the Packers did. I'm still trying to figure out how.

There are a few teams who ran roughshod on the 49er defense this season. But those were in games that really didn't matter. The 49ers were going to outscore them anyway, so who cares if they gave up a few ground yards? But, when the games really counted? In those games, the 49er defense didn't allow more than 50-ground yards. They STUFFED the other teams vaunted running game. Until last night. The Packers offensive line blew open truck lanes. How did they do that? I don't know. But they did, didn't they?

Packers Nation: You have nothing to be ashamed of. You came within a play or two of knocking out the number one NFC seed. You will be back. Keep the empty spots in the Packers trophy case shined up. I have a feeling that empty space will grab some extra hardware sooner than some of you expect it.

I know you hurt. Right now. But I know this team will be back. And the next time they play the 49ers? That game will come with a little anger and payback.

Take care

:beer2:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
21 Jan 2024 12:16
go pak go wrote:
21 Jan 2024 11:46
Yoop wrote:

again you resort to contorting comments because thats the only come back you got, 24 hours ago both teams started the game tight, just as many games like this, what settles them down is each other and the coaches, Rasul Douglas was a big help with that in the past, hell every player voiced as much when he left, and locker room chemistry, love for one another is a different thing and you know it, well, actually it seems you don't, and I think it's because winning this argument is more important then just admitting that players are in each others ear the whole game, &%$@ happens for reasons.
So you want me to say the Packers lost yesterday because BG traded Sul to Buffalo which impacted the chemistry that messed with Savage and Nixon's brain while going for an interception so you can win an argument?
Yoop wrote: