2024 Draft Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Biggest Need

QB
No votes
RB
11%
WR
No votes
TE
No votes
OL
15%
DL
4%
EDGE
6%
LB
19%
CB
18%
S
26%

Total votes: 72

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

It just occurred to me that Micah Hyde is a FA this year.

We’ve talked about bringing in a plug-and-play safety through FA as well as drafting one for development. I had my sights set on Chinn.

…but if Hyde were open to reuniting with the team that drafted him?

Yeah, he’s got some mileage on him but the dude can still play.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

APB wrote:
21 Jan 2024 21:46

We’ve talked about bringing in a plug-and-play safety through FA as well as drafting one for development. I had my sights set on Chinn.

Yeah probably. And also Chinn. Maybe both of them.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:

I'd be surprised. I would love it but be surprised.

The Packers never offered him a contract. The Packers also shipped his CB Sul to Buffalo and I'm sure there was "talk" about that. I know it's a business but I would venture to guess we aren't high on his list.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jan 2024 06:58
APB wrote:

The Packers never offered him a contract. The Packers also shipped his CB Sul to Buffalo and I'm sure there was "talk" about that. I know it's a business but I would venture to guess we aren't high on his list.
That’s exactly why I think there may be a chance he’d want to come to GB. Sul knows the locker room and the talent level within it. He also knows the personalities. I doubt Sul would sabotage his opinion of the locker room because he feels betrayed by Gute. If he even does.

It was also the TT/Capers regime that never offered Hyde a contract, wasn’t it?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
22 Jan 2024 07:36
go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:

That’s exactly why I think there may be a chance he’d want to come to GB. Sul knows the locker room and the talent level within it. He also knows the personalities. I doubt Sul would sabotage his opinion of the locker room because he feels betrayed by Gute. If he even does.

It's because Sal knows our situation why you can forget Hyde coming back? he'll tell Micah just how screwed up our DC is, Barry should be fired before you finish your next cup of coffee :idn:

we lost to the Niners before Love threw that last pass, because Barry opted for soft coverage, when he should have blitzed or dialed up better pressure.

we would have lost to Dallas if they had more time because Joe's defenses simply can't hold a lead, the only players on this team that show support for Barry are a few of our DL (Smith) course no one bad wraps a coach unless there job is secure ( Alexander)

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

It's not out of the realm of possibility that Buffalo may need to cut Rasul to clear his $9M cap hit if they cannot agree on extension. Bring them both in.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
22 Jan 2024 07:52
APB wrote:
go pak go wrote:

It's because Sal knows our situation why you can forget Hyde coming back? he'll tell Micah just how screwed up our DC is, Barry should be fired before you finish your next cup of coffee :idn:

we lost to the Niners before Love threw that last pass, because Barry opted for soft coverage, when he should have blitzed or dialed up better pressure.

we would have lost to Dallas if they had more time because Joe's defenses simply can't hold a lead, the only players on this team that show support for Barry are a few of our DL (Smith) course no one bad wraps a coach unless there job is secure ( Alexander)
Barry had the defense positioned to make 2 INTs. They didn’t. Had Hyde been in place of Savage, that’s a pick six and we’re singing Barry’s praises another week.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
22 Jan 2024 07:55
It's not out of the realm of possibility that Buffalo may need to cut Rasul to clear his $9M cap hit if they cannot agree on extension. Bring them both in.
No qualms here!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
22 Jan 2024 07:57
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

Barry had the defense positioned to make 2 INTs. They didn’t. Had Hyde been in place of Savage, that’s a pick six and we’re singing Barry’s praises another week.
oh please, spare me the what if's, Barry was the reason we lost, we can blame Love, the OL, the receivers, but Barry's defense laid another egg in the 4th quarter and we lost..did ya watch Detroit last night, they attacked for 60 minutes, they had great designed blitzes, they stunted with success, they brought 5 successfully when 4 didn't get the needed pressure.

everyone gets players in position to make picks, and both of those drops where almost right to the them, as much on the QB as any scheming.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
22 Jan 2024 08:09
APB wrote:
22 Jan 2024 07:57
Yoop wrote:

oh please, spare me the what if's, Barry was the reason we lost, we can blame Love, the OL, the receivers, but Barry's defense laid another egg in the 4th quarter and we lost..did ya watch Detroit last night, they attacked for 60 minutes, they had great designed blitzes, they stunted with success, they brought 5 successfully when 4 didn't get the needed pressure.

everyone gets players in position to make picks, and both of those drops where almost right to the them, as much on the QB as any scheming.
https://packers-huddle.com/phpBB/viewt ... 13#p161313

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I really don't see Sul rejoining a team that blindsided him with a trade while he was content to be here.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:

Definitely could see both sides. Impossible to know personal thoughts. I would welcome Micah for sure.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Hyde dropped a pretty easy INT to give us the likely chance to beat San Fran his rookie season I remember.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

musclestang wrote:
22 Jan 2024 08:36
Hyde dropped a pretty easy INT to give us the likely chance to beat San Fran his rookie season I remember.
I mean that's a prerequisite to be a Packer secondary member.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

musclestang wrote:
Grass is always greener :lol:

I'd like to get several younger UFA but Hyde would be a nice stop gap till a draft pick is coached up, same with keeping Savage another season

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jan 2024 08:43
musclestang wrote:
I mean that's a prerequisite to be a Packer secondary member.
it would appear that way.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I took a look at the S free agent list on Spotrac. CJ Gardner-Johnson would be a pretty exciting signing. I've heard that Jordan Whitehead is good. Both of them are 26, so two guys in their prime.

We can maybe take one of Jalen Mills or Kyle Duggar (TE eraser) from New England, although I imagine the D guys will be excited to play with the new coach. Xavier McKinney, Jeremy Chinn are also appealing targets. Antoine Winfield Jr. is a stud but I doubt we sniff him, ditto Budda Baker.
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I kinda feel like we could use a CB signing, especially if Nixon leaves. There are *lots* of UFA targets to choose from.

Some interesting ILB targets in free agency, too. Splash signings include Devin White, Patrick Queen. A few young role players with youth like Willie Gay, Oren Burks (lol). An upside gamble in Devin Bush.

Then several vets who would maybe be nice for a few years at a lower price: Zach Cunningham (29), Kwon Alexander (29), Jarrad Davis (29), Denzel Perryman (31), Bobby Wagner (34), Lavonte David (34).
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Should probably make threads for each offseason decision. Always like the polls on them too. If anyone bored, welcome to start a few.

Barry (I know we already had some and decision will likely come in a few days)
Nixon
Ford
Owens
Savage
Runyan
Bak
Etc. etc.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Jan 2024 20:40
Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Jan 2024 20:31
That's an interesting rephrase of, not good.
I mean if you're playing semantics, you have to include all of it. The punctation. The emphasis. The context.

I said he's improved, but he's not, like, good

Maybe it doesn't translate the way I wanted it to, but that wording and emphasis indicates that I would not say "Josh Myers is good."

I would only say it with some sort of modifier. Josh Myers is "fairly good" or "kinda good" are your choices, which stand in perfect agreement with my statement that he's not... "good."

It means that the word good does not stand alone as a descriptor of him. It requires some other word or caveat.

I separated the words not and good very clearly for that purpose. I apologize if it doesn't translate to what I meant, but since you are a stickler for semantics and phrasing, I'll explain the heck out of it.
He was “not good” but good enough to shine against the 49ers tough IDL.