Packers DC Search

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

I'll keep resetting poll as we interview more.

Brandon Staley
8%
Bobby Babich
8%
Aden Durde
No votes
Christian Parker
8%
Chris Harris
17%
Zach Orr
8%
Denard Wilson
50%

Total votes: 12

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 10:48
Just an FYI, the Jets played the most man coverage in 2023, around 42% of the time. The next highest is 36%, several teams around there. Packers played man around 17% of the time last year.

Yes, we need to play more man, but do realize that we will still be playing mostly zone.
no I don't know that with any certainty, neither do you, if we brought in Zimmer for instance, or a Jimmy Johnson disciple, we may play more man then zone, or a closer balance, or splits as Capers used a ton over and under, zone half and man on one side :idn:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

AmishMafia wrote:
24 Jan 2024 10:52
Yoop wrote:
24 Jan 2024 10:28
BF004 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 10:20
wow, has any DC taken a demotion before, why would Joe do this, he's getting 4 mil. compensation to look for a new job elsewhere, if he stays and this defense improves he gets more egg, if it fails he's gonna get blamed. :idn:

this seems like stick em rumor. click bait
Not necessarily his choice in staying or not. If he is still under contract the Packers can hold him to it, just reassign duties.
he was hired as the DC, once fired from that we have no hold on him, thats usually how this stuff works

why would anyone stick around after just being fired, people have pride ya know :idn:
Last edited by Yoop on 24 Jan 2024 11:37, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ejiro Evero, defensive coordinator, Carolina Panthers
Jim Leonhard, former defensive coordinator, Wisconsin Badgers
Don “Wink” Martindale, defensive coordinator, New York Giants
Joe Whitt, secondary/defensive passing-game coordinator, Dallas Cowboys
Al Harris, defensive backs coach, Dallas Cowboys
Daniel Bullocks, defensive backs coach, San Francisco 49ers
Kelvin Sheppard, linebackers coach, Detroit Lions
Antonio Pierce, interim head coach, Las Vegas Raiders
Patrick Graham, defensive coordinator, Las Vegas Raiders
Anthony Campanile, linebackers coach, Miami Dolphins
Chris Harris, defensive passing-game coordinator, Titans
Aubrey Pleasant, defensive passing-game coordinator, Rams
Joe Cullen, defensive line coach, Chiefs
Brandon Staley, former Los Angeles Chargers head coach
Mike Vrable, former Tennessee Titans head coach
Leslie Frazier, former Minnesota Vikings head coach
Mike Zimmer, former Minnesota Vikings head coach
Chris Harris, Tennessee Titans pass-game coordinator/cornerbacks coach
Anthony Weaver, Baltimore Ravens associate head coach/defensive line coach
Chris Hewitt, Baltimore Ravens pass-game coordinator/secondary coach
Eric Henderson, Los Angeles Rams defensive line coach/run game coordinator
Johnny Holland, San Francisco 49ers linebackers coach
Phil Snow, Chicago Bears senior defensive analyst
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The thing about keeping Barry…shouldn’t that just totally be up to who the new guy is? We gotta let him pick his people. All of them.

Or that will limit candidate options I would guess
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jan 2024 10:55
Pckfn23 wrote:
Just an FYI, the Jets played the most man coverage in 2023, around 42% of the time. The next highest is 36%, several teams around there. Packers played man around 17% of the time last year.

Yes, we need to play more man, but do realize that we will still be playing mostly zone.
no I don't know that with any certainty, neither do you, if we brought in Zimmer for instance, or a Jimmy Johnson disciple, we may play more man then zone, or a closer balance, or splits as Capers used a ton over and under, zone half and man on one side :idn:
Stop arguing to argue. Nothing I said was inaccurate, even in the slightest.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

A total longshot, but one internal name is G-Money, Greg Williams, defensive passing game coordinator.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 11:37
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Stop arguing to argue. FFS, just stop. It's everything $%@# thread these days.
quit making declarative statements, real simple, and I wont call you on them.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Sounds like Staley is not considered to be a candidate, per Demovsky.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jan 2024 11:40
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

WTF are you even talking about... :roll: You continually prove you have no clue and just want to fight.

There has not been a defense that has played more man than zone in at least the last 3 seasons:
2022 Giants led at 45%
2021 Dolphins led at 49.5%
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 24 Jan 2024 12:31, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 11:44
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

WTF are you even talking about... :roll: You continually prove you have no clue and just want to fight.

There has not been a defense that has played man more than zone in at least the last 2 seasons:
2022 Giants led at 45%
and because the past says so it dictates the future :thwap: , we could see a return of zone over boundary man coverage, which fits our CB situation, thats my point, again quit making predictions based on prior stats as though that stuff will hold true in the future,.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jan 2024 12:09
Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 11:44
Yoop wrote:

There has not been a defense that has played man more than zone in at least the last 2 seasons:
2022 Giants led at 45%
and because the past says so it dictates the future :thwap: , we could see a return of zone over boundary man coverage, which fits our CB situation, thats my point, again quit making predictions based on prior stats as though that stuff will hold true in the future,.
It gives us insight into the future, but you are never one for insight.

And that was not your point, you just wanted to argue. And had no clue what you were arguing against. Now you just made something up to save face. It's your MO, say something idiotic and when called on it, say something different and claim that was your point.

I'd rather use logic and data to make predictions over your clueless resin clogged nonsense.

Now let's get back to talking about what our future DC may bring.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Something to consider. Would we want Evero if he is only here a year or 2?

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 13:14

If he came and was hired away in a year or two, I'd at least hope it's because he did a pretty good job. Any successful coordinator is going to get a head coach interest within a few years. I thought I saw something that OC there are no 3rd year OC's? Either they get canned or hired as HC. DC maybe less so but same idea.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 13:14

Don't know if he's the right guy. But if he helps us win a Super Bowl in the next year or 2, YES. If our DC (or any other coach) gets poached every year because we are successful, its a good problem to have.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

To me, Evero is about as wishful as Vrabel or Belichick. Carolina will block him from DC interviews and he is eying HC positions anyway.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

We can use history to predict the future. History shows teams always play more zone than man and good for reason.

OC's can dial up man beaters very easily if they know that is what you will always be in. If we go exclusively man, expect every offense to play Trips WR formations that have routes cross each other to get one of the 3 WRs open.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 10:20
This, if true, doesn't surprise me in the least. I suspect all these weeks the only folks entertaining canning Barry were media types and fans - not anyone at 1265. :?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev wrote:
24 Jan 2024 13:49
To me, Evero is about as wishful as Vrabel or Belichick. Carolina will block him from DC interviews and he is eying HC positions anyway.
Gotta say if I am him, they pass him up for interim HC and pick Tabor instead, interview him twice for HC and pass him up again. Looking at the state of that franchise, I'd tell them to go pound sand.

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

packman114 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 09:58
Where did Zimmer learn his defense? Is he a disciple of someone or is he like Fangio and created his own?
Bill Parcells