Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
16 Jan 2024 20:02
What happened to the snowblower? What type is it (brand, age, 1 or 2 stage)? As in, what was it doing before stopped working? What does "stopped working" mean?

They aren't complicated. If it has clean oil in the proper amount, a fresh spark plug every few years, and no ethanol gas they can last 50 years.
2 stage, Simplicity, probably around 25 years old. Engine runs fine, but auger stopped going and won't throw snow. That's been flaky on it for years, but I assumed it was always the cable to the hand control. It gets loose frequently. But I know that's good and tight now. Might just be a belt or something. Not a shear pin issue. Parts are tough to find though. So unless its the same as is used on something else, it might be hard. Waiting on someone to come out and take a look at it.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
17 Jan 2024 07:52
wallyuwl wrote:
What happened to the snowblower? What type is it (brand, age, 1 or 2 stage)? As in, what was it doing before stopped working? What does "stopped working" mean?

They aren't complicated. If it has clean oil in the proper amount, a fresh spark plug every few years, and no ethanol gas they can last 50 years.
2 stage, Simplicity, probably around 25 years old. Engine runs fine, but auger stopped going and won't throw snow. That's been flaky on it for years, but I assumed it was always the cable to the hand control. It gets loose frequently. But I know that's good and tight now. Might just be a belt or something. Not a shear pin issue. Parts are tough to find though. So unless its the same as is used on something else, it might be hard. Waiting on someone to come out and take a look at it.
My auger stopped spinning last season, too. It ended up being the jam nut on the cable adjuster wiggled loose so the belt was slipping. Fixed that and replaced the belts and it was as good as new.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
16 Jan 2024 07:22
Dishwasher I might take another stab at. But I need to pull the whole thing out and I can't do it by myself. It's like they built the cabinets around it or wanted to make sure no normal human being could ever remove it. And I know there's going to be electrical work I need to do once I get behind there. If I ever want to get a new one and have someone install it, it is no where close to code.
Why would leaking indicate an electrical issue? Pull it out, vacuum up any water on the bottom tray and play with the overflow lever. Those things can get stuck or worn.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
17 Jan 2024 08:44
paco wrote:
16 Jan 2024 07:22
Dishwasher I might take another stab at. But I need to pull the whole thing out and I can't do it by myself. It's like they built the cabinets around it or wanted to make sure no normal human being could ever remove it. And I know there's going to be electrical work I need to do once I get behind there. If I ever want to get a new one and have someone install it, it is no where close to code.
Why would leaking indicate an electrical issue? Pull it out, vacuum up any water on the bottom tray and play with the overflow lever. Those things can get stuck or worn.
Sorry, 2 separate things. There is a leak. But while looking under there, I can see there is an electrical situation that will need to be addressed. There are 2 outlets either under or behind the dishwasher that are just laying there. Not mounted or anything. Easy for water to just drop or go right into them.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I can watch Bucks and Brewers now!
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

That’s actually pretty cool.

Been thinking forever about canceling prime. This definitely gunna help justify it.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

Seems like a worn belt or bad/worn/improperly adjusted cable probably. They both only last so long. But I am better with the engine stuff.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
17 Jan 2024 22:00
paco wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

Seems like a worn belt or bad/worn/improperly adjusted cable probably. They both only last so long. But I am better with the engine stuff.
FYI, it did end up being the belt. Glad I called someone else to do it. Took them over an hour to get it out. Apparently SImplicity is just a name and doesn't tell you its easy to work on. Would have take me a lot longer. But she works great again!

Next, the dishwasher. Gotta find a way to pull that beast out and get a better look at it. Probably going to sit for a while though, not going to have much time this week and the wife's away.

In other news, preordered a new Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra. Probably a total waste of money. But I said screw it and went with the top one with all the bells and whistles. Probably be a couple weeks before I get it.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

:dunno:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Twitter or X has become a cesspool. I don't follow any weirdos... just my Packers/Bucks sports news guys and my timeline is filled with absolute trash. Had to scroll through 50 posts of nonsense to even find the Joe Barry news.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
24 Jan 2024 08:46
Twitter or X has become a cesspool. I don't follow any weirdos... just my Packers/Bucks sports news guys and my timeline is filled with absolute trash. Had to scroll through 50 posts of nonsense to even find the Joe Barry news.
I've whittled down my list of who I follow a lot. But yeah, still a lot of crap.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
Change your view to Following and not For You.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Or subscribe to the official packers-huddle twitter list I made.

https://twitter.com/i/lists/1684218548535562244

Has everyone you need, occasionally adding more accounts.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 09:08
NCF wrote:
Sweet Baby Jesus, THANK YOU!! No idea how I never noticed that before.

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
22 Jan 2024 18:36

:dunno:
Rabbit, meet hole. Dig.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
24 Jan 2024 13:46
Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 09:08
NCF wrote:
Sweet Baby Jesus, THANK YOU!! No idea how I never noticed that before.
The "Great" White Musky changed that several months ago to the default, very obnoxious.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

How do some people keep their jobs? Incompetence is at an all-time high clear across the board.

Read More. Post Less.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

NCF wrote:
25 Jan 2024 08:32
How do some people keep their jobs? Incompetence is at an all-time high clear across the board.

In my opinion the Covid era galvanized a culture of apathy that was already on the uptrend. Being told by the news every day that we're all going to die causes people to not care. Also, legalized marijuana. I understand that there are people who can consume cannabis and still function at a high level. However, most people cannot (even if they think they can). And there are a LOT of people getting high in the workplace.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells