Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jan 2024 11:34

Ringo must be head of the selection committee.
I'm not too worried. Vince only won the Coach of the Year Award one time.......his rookie 7 and 5 season. Crazy twisted voters! The list of winners is odd, for example Dom Capers won in 1996 (not Holmgren), and George Halas won it in 1965.
On the sane side, Lindy Infante won it in 1989. On the insane side, Chuck Noll never won it but Chuck Knox won it 3 times. Matt Nagy and Brian Daboll won it. :messedup:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

We fired our strength and conditioning coach, Gizzi. It seems every hiring cycle, including this one, there are former Baylor Bears personnel in the hunt for various jobs. Well, one guy I would like to see us hire is a former Baylor S&C coach Kaz Kazadi. He was there during the Art Briles era, and one of the strengths of our program then was our conditioning and how we would always seem to have more energy in the 2nd half than the other team.

I read about his methodology and it made sense at the time why we were so good, he seemed to know how to get his guys prepared at an elite level better than any other program.

I didn't know where he ended up after Baylor; turns out he has been at TCU the past couple of years, which totally explains how their mediocre team made it to the National Championship last season.

Anyways, I don't think he will be looked at for this job, but I figured I should mention his name.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jan 2024 08:32
@MIN and CHI games were both not good games for him. The only other 0 pressure game was MIN.
okay but to have 0 pressures in 3 games as an OLB where all you do is rush the passer, thats ghostly
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Jan 2024 09:19
Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jan 2024 08:32
@MIN and CHI games were both not good games for him. The only other 0 pressure game was MIN.
okay but to have 0 pressures in 3 games as an OLB where all you do is rush the passer, thats ghostly
Yes... That's... not good...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
25 Jan 2024 20:20
Pckfn23 wrote:

I'm not too worried. Vince only won the Coach of the Year Award one time.......his rookie 7 and 5 season. Crazy twisted voters! The list of winners is odd, for example Dom Capers won in 1996 (not Holmgren), and George Halas won it in 1965.
On the sane side, Lindy Infante won it in 1989. On the insane side, Chuck Noll never won it but Chuck Knox won it 3 times. Matt Nagy and Brian Daboll won it. :messedup:
so then would it seem safe to assume that you don't always agree with these pickers (writers) that AP uses, right? :rotf:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
29 Jan 2024 16:04
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

so then would it seem safe to assume that you don't always agree with these pickers (writers) that AP uses, right? :rotf:
What do they know more than we know Yooper? Some of the young whipper snappers are clueless, some aren't clueless. It is most likely that you and I have been around longer than most ........ the "pickers" don't understand basic things like TAKE THE POINTS IN PLAYOFF GAMES and DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS and TURNOVERS WIN GAMES. Look at how OFF the point spreads are too.

I'm taking the Chiefs and the points. :banana:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
29 Jan 2024 16:48
Yoop wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

What do they know more than we know Yooper? Some of the young whipper snappers are clueless, some aren't clueless. It is most likely that you and I have been around longer than most ........ the "pickers" don't understand basic things like TAKE THE POINTS IN PLAYOFF GAMES and DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS and TURNOVERS WIN GAMES. Look at how OFF the point spreads are too.

How can you say young whipper snappers are clueluess when you and yoop don't even agree on this? :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
29 Jan 2024 17:33
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

How can you say young whipper snappers are clueluess when you and yoop don't even agree on this? :lol:
Ask Yoop.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
29 Jan 2024 17:49
go pak go wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Ask Yoop.
well I don't know about point spreads so much, just not a betting guy, so don't pay attention, as to defense wins Championships, that depends on the turn over factor. lol got ta score more points then the other team, so I think we agree on 2/3rds anyway.

one thing I think we all agree on, it's not what ya did yesterday, or plan to do tomorrow, rather it's what your able to do today, just shocking that we didn't send anyone to the PB, also that Lafleur didn't even get honorable mention for the job he did with the offense, on that we may not agree :dunno:

as to AP writers ( Pickers haha) they all have team, player, bias, the hope is that a consensus will bring forward the best, but we know it doesn't, every year deserving players are left out, according to us anyway :aok:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
29 Jan 2024 18:44
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
29 Jan 2024 17:49
go pak go wrote:

Ask Yoop.
well I don't know about point spreads so much, just not a betting guy, so don't pay attention, as to defense wins Championships, that depends on the turn over factor. lol got ta score more points then the other team, so I think we agree on 2/3rds anyway.

one thing I think we all agree on, it's not what ya did yesterday, or plan to do tomorrow, rather it's what your able to do today, just shocking that we didn't send anyone to the PB, also that Lafleur didn't even get honorable mention for the job he did with the offense, on that we may not agree :dunno:

as to AP writers ( Pickers haha) they all have team, player, bias, the hope is that a consensus will bring forward the best, but we know it doesn't, every year deserving players are left out, according to us anyway :aok:
Perfect oration.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Play Caller rankings for 2023

MLF's offensive play calling comes in at # 2behind only Miami.
Packers Team total was still # 3 overall.

IT. IS. TIME

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BSA wrote:
30 Jan 2024 17:25

Well shahzam Aunt B, remember when Opee said we should have kept McCarthy?

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

BSA wrote:

Kind of wonder why the Saints D coaching department doesn’t get enough praise.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
30 Jan 2024 18:12
BSA wrote:

You mean the guy who got blown out by the 7th seed in the playoffs.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Cdragon wrote:
30 Jan 2024 19:41
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
30 Jan 2024 18:12
BSA wrote:

You mean the guy who got blown out by the 7th seed in the playoffs.
Ehhh. That was more than likely a one off / temporary blip on the radar screen. Something happened there and it was a beautiful thing for Packer Nation to enjoy. As of today, McC is the winningest Packers Super Bowl coach over the past 25 years. So there! :aok:
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 04 Feb 2024 12:04, edited 1 time in total.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »