P-H Paco Mock 1.0

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

P-H Paco Mock 1.0

Post by paco »

My first mock for this site. No trades. Used PFN's simulator. Picked based on guys that fit Packers typical mold. You won't like it because I didn't take a ILB or WR in the 1st.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (34.98 KiB) Viewed 306 times
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I like the first two picks but what caught my eye was the lack of a CB. I think its a sneaky, big need for us, again.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
31 Mar 2020 15:09
I like the first two picks but what caught my eye was the lack of a CB. I think its a sneaky, big need for us, again.
I don't think it is a sneaky need at all. Just didn't fall right in this one to grab one.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I don't see how Antoine Winfield fits this scheme unless we want to try him at nickle corner or replace Amos next year.

I love, love, love the player. I hate the fit. What was your reason for grabbing him? And no I don't think he could be our nickle safety at all. He's just oo small even though his heart is huge.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yeah, I agree that I'm very down on the Winfield pick; it makes no sense for us for the reasons GPG mentioned. I don't hate it because it's not a LB or WR; I hate it because I hate it.

That said, there is a lot to really like in this draft. I think the Princeton QB sucks and isn't worth developing, but whatevs, it's the last pick. I like 62 through 192 a lot. Like a LOT. Love Joe Reed. Like Agim, love Driscoll and Ayiuk.

Hasty is a nice grab, also, in the later rounds; dunno about the LB, will have to look. Replace Winfield with literally anything else. I'd rather have Jacob Eason at 30 than Winfield. I'd rather have Jonathan Taylor. Just doesn't make any sense to me. Take the best CB available, even, fill our nickel spot.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Interesting. Winfield has been getting a lot of positive talk lately, to the Packers as well. With as much as we have multiple safeties on the field and don't use LB's as much. He's got some ability to play several different roles for us. As do Amos and Savage. Plenty of snaps for them to all be on the field.

But I admit, I mostly put him in there to gauge what you guys think about it. Curious for more to chime in about him. Is it mostly just because we have Amos and Savage? Or just hate Winfield overall?

I didn't like taking 3 WRs. But Cleveland still being there, I had to take him at that spot.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

C is a position no-one's talking about, but Linsley is in the last year of his contract, and we may have to make decisions about whom to keep. Great job bringing that back to the mind with the Hennessy pick.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

salmar80 wrote:
01 Apr 2020 01:07
C is a position no-one's talking about, but Linsley is in the last year of his contract, and we may have to make decisions about whom to keep. Great job bringing that back to the mind with the Hennessy pick.
I think Hennessey can play any of the IOL positions. But yes, it is something we need another body at and maybe even this year.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

If Hennessey is available at 94 that would be absolutely awesome.

Again. I love Winfield the player. It's just his fit doesn't make sense with us. Winfield should play Amos's position as he is too small for a nickle/safety hybrid role. He could maybe play nickle CB but I don't like the idea of having a safety play a CB position. I have thought about how we could incorporate Winfield on the Packers because I love the player. The only way I think we could make have sense is to put Amos at the Nickle safety spot and have Winfield take over Amos. This obviously doesn't have to happen this year, but would be good for next year.

Or we just cut Amos next year to save money.

Another player I am intrigued with is Tyrie Cleveland. Scouting reports are all over on him but the Draft Network loves him as a deep WR threat. He seems to not only have the speed, but also the ability and experience of doing deep routes. I would be very in favor of him in Rd 6 to compete against MVS if that is the case.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.