Waaaaay too early 2024 GBP Roster

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Davis is the forgotten guy for those of us who hardly remember a month ago, let alone a full year ago (almost). Good point!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BSA wrote:
03 Feb 2024 18:14
I suspect GB will also consider bringing back Tyler Davis if he's recovered from his August ACL injury
He'll be 11 months into his recovery when TC starts and was really starting to show something. Packers had high hopes for his 2023 campaign

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2022 ... an-deguara

" TE Tyler Davis has the real possibility being TE1 this year. He's gotten praise from Gutekunst, Bisaccia, and Lafleur multiple times this off season! Excited to see what he can bring to the table this year!"

Musgrave/Kraft/Sims/Davis and maybe Deguara at FB gives you the ST snaps you need while giving MLF plenty to work with on offense
Davis has a 0.0001% chance of being TE1. He probably makes the roster as a core STs player and 4th string TE. No shot he’s getting significant snaps on offense unless injuries plague the position.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
02 Feb 2024 16:24
mnkcarp wrote:
02 Feb 2024 14:40
Can the Packers afford Antoine Winfield? Looks like with our new DC, safety is critical, and you can't draft and start a first year safety. It's about the longest developing position on the field.
Short answer is yes…but at a present player/future cap cost.

It is possible they are stuck with Bakh and his 40 million no matter what they do. Depends on his injury situation.

As for Davis, I would rather see him playing ST than Deguara getting blown up trying to block. Sims is likely to remain TE#3 and IMO has more potential than Davis.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

If we don't resign Runyan and move on Bak, I would love Lucas Patrick as a sign this spring.

Immediate competition with Rhyan, can get you through a few games without Myers, Jenkins or Rhyan, already knows the offense (going from LaFleur to Getsy).

Probably would cost right around that same 2 year $8m contract he just signed with the Bears. Can't imagine if we offer a similar contract as the Bears he's prefer to stay in that dumpster fire.

Even if we just flood the OL with draft picks, could certainly end up with a Rhyan and Walker level rookie contributions, I think we'd be real real thin there without adding a known vet.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

What about Nijman? Sounds like he will test the market for more money and playing time. But what if he returns?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
04 Feb 2024 10:43
I would love Lucas Patrick as a sign this spring.
Immediate competition with Rhyan, can get you through a few games without Myers, Jenkins or Rhyan, already knows the offense (going from LaFleur to Getsy).

Probably would cost right around that same 2 year $8m contract he just signed with the Bears. Can't imagine if we offer a similar contract as the Bears he's prefer to stay in that dumpster fire.

Even if we just flood the OL with draft picks, could certainly end up with a Rhyan and Walker level rookie contributions, I think we'd be real real thin there without adding a known vet.
You make a compelling case, especially if GB is looking to make a run in 2024. Vet IOL can be super valuable.
I think they'll try for a younger version of Lucas, but if they want the security of a proven OL - then you can do a lot worse than him.
IT. IS. TIME

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Scott4Pack wrote:
04 Feb 2024 16:11
What about Nijman? Sounds like he will test the market for more money and playing time. But what if he returns?
:suicide:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think Ben Simms has taken Davis's TE spot. The only spot Davis could fill is that H Back role. I also expect they will scour the Draft and UDFA to try and find that Full Back/H Back role who can block in open spaces.

DeGuara absolutely sucked in this role.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
04 Feb 2024 21:40
I think Ben Simms has taken Davis's TE spot. The only spot Davis could fill is that H Back role. I also expect they will scour the Draft and UDFA to try and find that Full Back/H Back role who can block in open spaces.

DeGuara absolutely sucked in this role.
Davis was a core STs player on multiple units. If it came down to a 53 and game day roster I think Davis would win. I think both end up on the roster though next season. Musgrave, Kraft, Sims, and Davis is a really good group.
Cancelled by the forum elites.