Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
01 Feb 2024 15:07

Oh I forgot to watch!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I did and must have dosed when Brian mentioned trading picks for players, something as earth shattering as that and I missed it :rotf:

makes sense though, we need a stud FS, and the UFA market seems to hold no such player, Savage, so trading a pick for a established vet seems the best route, safety can be a tough transition depending on scheme, sure draft one maybe 2, but don't expect instant results.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
02 Feb 2024 10:39
I did and must have dosed when Brian mentioned trading picks for players, something as earth shattering as that and I missed it :rotf:

makes sense though, we need a stud FS, and the UFA market seems to hold no such player, Savage, so trading a pick for a established vet seems the best route, safety can be a tough transition depending on scheme, sure draft one maybe 2, but don't expect instant results.
He basically stated, "all options are available and he will use all levers to make this a championship football team"
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
02 Feb 2024 11:46
Yoop wrote:
02 Feb 2024 10:39

He basically stated, "all options are available and he will use all levers to make this a championship football team"
you mean the way most GM's talk and do nothing they talked about, I've heard that stuff plenty, what we don't often here is trading draft picks for vet talent, that was the part I didn't hear

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Wicks is #1. :woohoo:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Worth a read, interview Q&A thing with Murphy.

https://www.packers.com/news/mt5-disapp ... -is-bright

Murphy has to retire by July ‘25, so this will be his last full football season. And likely the only football things past this season he will contribute to is firing, extending or just leaving the contracts of Lafleur, Gute, and Ball.

Other than that, he gets to see this all the way through the 2025 draft in GB.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
04 Feb 2024 07:18

Murphy has to retire by July ‘25, so this will be his last full football season. And likely the only football things past this season he will contribute to is firing, extending or just leaving the contracts of Lafleur, Gute, and Ball.

and some guy named Justin writes 11 letters complaining and telling Murphy to take a earlier retirement, I give credit to Murphy for even bothering to answer that Dude :lol:

over all I have to say we could have done a lot worse then Murphy, tough Job watching the decline of a very good GM, Loyalty in a situation like that is hard to over come, but I also give him credit for finally stepping in and making what had to be tough changes, he also showed fore sight in doing whatever ( more money) it took to retain and pacify Rodgers to help mold a relationship with Lafleur, instrumental for the success that followed, when ya over look all thats transpired these last 6 seasons I think Murphy has done alright.

thanks for the read :aok:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Former NFL journeyman QB Sean Mannion retires, joins GB as an offensive assistant, will work with the QBs and the passing game

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
04 Feb 2024 07:18

When I think of Murphy I think of a Pro Bowl Safety and Super Bowl Champion player (Redskins) who knew what it took to win a championship.
When I think of Murphy I think of the Titletown District.
When I think of Murphy I think of the 7,000 end zone seats added to Lambeau Field which opened the door to my 2 Green Package season tickets.
When I think of Murphy I think of a corporate guy who towed the company line from a profit and loss perspective, which kept the Packers competitive.
When I think of Murphy I DO NOT think of a Packers dynasty.

GO PACK GO!!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Labrev wrote:
04 Feb 2024 08:43
Former NFL journeyman QB Sean Mannion retires, joins GB as an offensive assistant, will work with the QBs and the passing game

I hope this is not in place of Tom Clements. A year or two under his belt, though, and this could be a solid hire.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
04 Feb 2024 11:49
Labrev wrote:
04 Feb 2024 08:43

I hope this is not in place of Tom Clements. A year or two under his belt, though, and this could be a solid hire.
I’m hoping not as well. Clemente did come out of retirement to coach Love. I would imagine he feels like his mission isn’t complete yet with Love. I think he’s a year away from real recognition.

Whoever is the QB coach I hope they can work on Loves footwork. He got away with a lot but it reared it’s head in the 9ers game.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
04 Feb 2024 11:49
Saw a tweet that says Tom Clements is coming back for 2024, so that's great news for Love and the Packers
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Is it possible he’s really this good?

Lot of flashy stats, but just wanna see the actually yards and touchdowns next year.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
08 Feb 2024 11:54
Is it possible he’s really this good?

Lot of flashy stats, but just wanna see the actually yards and touchdowns next year.
Get the feeling or vibe of Davante Adams in 2016 before he broke out. Always open just didn't get the ball to him.

Very bullish on Wicks and is still a big reason why I think Doubs will continue to fall down the depth chart.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
08 Feb 2024 12:28
Very bullish on Wicks and is still a big reason why I think Doubs will continue to fall down the depth chart.
A lot was made of Doubs being there all year long. Watson, Reed, Wicks... all of these guys just need to stay healthy and on the field and I think the numbers will come in bunches.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
08 Feb 2024 13:15
go pak go wrote:
08 Feb 2024 12:28
A lot was made of Doubs being there all year long. Watson, Reed, Wicks... all of these guys just need to stay healthy and on the field and I think the numbers will come in bunches.
Yeah. it was amazing how open Doubs got in the playoffs. Just a very difficult group to defend. Especially when our WRs are starting to get smart and finding the holes in the opposing defenses's zones.
Yoop wrote:

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

Julius Peppers elected to the hall :aok: sorry we couldn't get him a ring.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

what about Touri :rotf: or is he not the second coming of Double D any more, I had to interject that :lol: I pull for all these late round players just as we all do, but was just trying to be realistic with Touri, he was the last receiver taken in that draft, to think he would take snaps from a receiver like Wicks, Reed, even Duboise seemed a reach for me.

Wicks shows pedigree every time he steps on the field, same with Reed and Doubs, they run solid routes, are quick in and out of breaks, I get wood over the group of receivers we now have, just wish all where added 5 years ago, water over the bridge, I get that.

Can't wait till there all healthy and burning DB's this coming season

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Willink wrote:
08 Feb 2024 13:30
Julius Peppers elected to the hall :aok: sorry we couldn't get him a ring.
F that. He didn't give us a ring.

Never take his advise. He'll probably just tell you to celebrate too early and slide.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
08 Feb 2024 13:44

Wicks shows pedigree every time he steps on the field, same with Reed and Doubs, they run solid routes, are quick in and out of breaks, I get wood over the group of receivers we now have, just wish all where added 5 years ago, water over the bridge, I get that.

Can't wait till there all healthy and burning DB's this coming season
So you wanted them on the Packers when they were in high school? :lol:
image.png
image.png (476.9 KiB) Viewed 494 times
Yoop wrote: