Backthepack Feb new DC mock

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Backthepack Feb new DC mock

Post by Backthepack4ever »

We got the guy to run the d now let's add to this roster

Gone

Bak. 20 mil in savings
Savage. Last game was enough
Campbell. Hasn't been good in awhile

FA

Geno Stone
Alohi Gilman

Yep. GB double dips at safety and they get 2 gems. Stone lead the league in ints last year and had the highest Pff coverage grade for safeties. He will miss some tackles but the ball skills are needed.

Gilman was great last year in his first year starting. Good tackler that forced fumbles and had 2nd most pass breakups (tied with Winfield and 100 less coverage snaps). Safeties don't break the bank and these 2 young up and comers would be terrific together

Draft

(25). Terrion Arnold Cb bama
I really liked how the CBs played last year and I love the depth but you can never have enough talent in a passing league. Plus jaire back is worrisome to me. Enter Arnold who is physically gifted and well put together. Arnold had 5 pics and an elite passer rating of 52.5 against him. He also is a willing and sure tackler. Imo he might be the most well rounded cb in the class. Everything we wanted and needed in Stokes Arnold can trump.

(41) Graham Barton. OL Duke

Barton was in my mock back in October and I'll sticking with him. Perfect Packer type that can play all 5 spots. He plays with a mean streak and bullies opponents. Barton can come in and start at center or push for RG spot.

(58) Jonathon Brooks RB Texas

A blessing in disguise last season was A Jones being fresh for the playoffs and having a career stretch. I don't want to see him hurt to do this but we need new blood at RB to keep his load light. Enter the future replacement of Jones, Jonathan Brooks. At over 6 ypc Brooks fits the system of one cut and go. This class isn't elite at RB but who cares. Get a good RB room and cook.

(88) Darius Robinson edge Mizz

This is my draft crush by miles. Absolutely love this prospect. Named the sr bowl practice player of the week he was unlockable at times. He is long strong and has the best hands and tool box of moves. He played well against the Georgia tackles. He doesn't stay blocked. Always moving upfield. His size allows him to move around (280s). He will be rising unfortunately

(91) Payton Wilson LB ncst

Wilson flys all over the place and just makes plays. Another long super athletic off ball lb to pair with walker. Wilson was great in coverage and also had 6 sacks in 2023. He's a good tackler that puts guys to the ground. Side notes his brother Bryce is a MLB pitcher and a local kid to me. A good friend was his HS coach and claims his work ethic is 2nd to none. The thought of walker and another guy that can move around and be used in many different ways is hard to scheme against

(126) Javon Foster OT Mizz

It wouldn't be a Packers mock without finding day 3 gems. Foster is another fiery player that could be a future swing tackle. Only allowed 12 hurries and a sack in 2023 in the sec. Some sloppiness that needs work

(166)Khristian Boyd DT NIU

Big body guys that can play. Shrine bowl defensive player of the week Boyd pushed around power 5 prospects.

(203) James Williams S Miami

Not many safeties are 6'5" 235lbs. Williams was a 5 star out of high school and runs 4.4s. Idk if he's a great football player but he damn sure will hit someone. Be advised he will draw a flag or 5 but he will take dudes heads off. He's a hitting machine. Added depth or in box safety to be an enforcer

(215) Audric Estime RB ND

AJ Dillon replacement that moves better. Just a dude you are comfortable getting snaps I like my backs under 6 foot.

(242) Sebastian Castro DB Iowa

That other cb from Iowa. Badger fans should remember him he was a machine against us. Hard nose workhorse that will give you everything. Take a shot here for a guy to compete. Would be a teams ace

(250) Hayden Hatten Wr Idaho

Back to back 1100 yard seasons. Scoring machine. Playmaker. Going to be a preseason fav that hopefully can add to special teams

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

I will say. I have like 4 dudes that are super seniors. A little older then normal but whatever

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I would love. Multiple agreementy nods throughout.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Mock draft season

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I like the idea of a CB at 25. Between Stokes and Jaire, I am wondering how many missed games total between them. We need depth at CB too. This might be as crucial a spot on our team as Safety. But it's better to draft the CBs if a Safety or two in FA fall to us. That brings up the second point.

If we can score a couple of Safeties in FA like you mention, that'd be great. One reason would be getting a guy at that position who is good at turnovers. And the other is a sure tackler, right? We need both.

Finally, a lot of people saying that Dillon will be gone. Or, even if he isn't, we wish there were more production. (I personally think he's fine.) But I think we have a greater need in grooming the next guy like Jones. We continually say that Jones is the "heartbeat" of our offense. Okay. Then we need to get the next one NOW and get him ready. I'd prefer Comer from Michigan. He reminds me a bit of Pacheco with the Chiefs. But I doubt he falls to us.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Scott4Pack wrote:
04 Feb 2024 16:02
I like the idea of a CB at 25. Between Stokes and Jaire, I am wondering how many missed games total between them. We need depth at CB too. This might be as crucial a spot on our team as Safety. But it's better to draft the CBs if a Safety or two in FA fall to us. That brings up the second point.

If we can score a couple of Safeties in FA like you mention, that'd be great. One reason would be getting a guy at that position who is good at turnovers. And the other is a sure tackler, right? We need both.

Finally, a lot of people saying that Dillon will be gone. Or, even if he isn't, we wish there were more production. (I personally think he's fine.) But I think we have a greater need in grooming the next guy like Jones. We continually say that Jones is the "heartbeat" of our offense. Okay. Then we need to get the next one NOW and get him ready. I'd prefer Comer from Michigan. He reminds me a bit of Pacheco with the Chiefs. But I doubt he falls to us.
I'm cool with a alot of backs in this draft. I also like Dillon outside of his slow sluggish starts. He really doesn't bang like he should. Is he fine yes. Can he be replaced? Absolutely. Great dude. Jones is back and I believe he takes another cut. Keep him fresh for a run in the playoffs and feed some kids early

Thanks for the response. I think many here agree to always add cb talent.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think we should look to add CB talent but 1st round I think is a poor investment.

Jaire is here for the long haul. He’s too early into his contract to move on. Carrie from Valentine looks to be a capable starter. He got a lot of work outside during the season and inside during camp and preseason. Stokes is still in the picture as well. With 3 potential boundary CBs I don’t think it’s good use of resources.

CB would be a good use of our day 2 or 3 picks. I think you don’t get enough value going CB round 1.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Feb 2024 16:18
I think we should look to add CB talent but 1st round I think is a poor investment.

Jaire is here for the long haul. He’s too early into his contract to move on. Carrie from Valentine looks to be a capable starter. He got a lot of work outside during the season and inside during camp and preseason. Stokes is still in the picture as well. With 3 potential boundary CBs I don’t think it’s good use of resources.

CB would be a good use of our day 2 or 3 picks. I think you don’t get enough value going CB round 1.
I hear ya 💯. I just don't trust Stokes will ever get right. Jaire back could be 10 games a year with concern. Loved Valentine and even ballentine stepping up but adding another top talent is cool with me....esp how I think the board falls. I did 2 different sims and hated the other options.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Jonathan Brooks suffered an ACL injury in early November. So drafting him would probably put him as an October return which is in line with a PUP status.

I think Brooks is the best RB in this class. The unknown is how he will be after the ACL but I wouldn't be upset if we took him at all. My next option would probably be Corum in Round 3 or so.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Scott4Pack wrote:
04 Feb 2024 16:02
I agree, I like going CB in Round 1 (although I am open to other positions there) because I am counting Stokes out until I see him stay healthy and play well when on the field, neither of which he has done recently. Jaire also tends to miss time with injury. Valentine was solid but nothing that would keep me from drafting a great player. Nixon may depart. I think Ballentine is a FA as well.

Not to mention, nickel is the base defense of every team now, so CB3 is a starter.

Also, Jaire is a diva. I am not confident that he will not become unhappy over something or another and conclude that he wants to go elsewhere, even while under contract with us and needing to force a trade to make it happen. So I like the idea of another star player at CB.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Cuts or not resigned
Bakh
Campbell
Dillon - someone will offer him big money
Nijman
Deguara

Resigns
JRJ - as a backup for all 3 interior positions. He wants to return and he knows he is a marginal starter.
Nixon - and let him catch punts too. Slot backup, not a starter
Tyler Davis. Cheap ST player and blocking TE
Bo Melton - ERA - whatever it takes to keep him.

Draft:
#25 Mitchell, Toledo. 6' 196lb CB Junior
#41 Tyler Nubin Minnesota 6'1" 210 lb Safety
#57 Edgerrin Cooper Texas Aggies 6'3 230 ILB
#88 Trey Benson Florida St. RB. 6'1 225
#91 Malik Mustapha Wake Forrest - 5'10" 210 4.35 speed.

The 4th round has been good to the Packers on Olinemen so I take a swing tackle there. That might mean moving up into the bottom of the 3rd or down to the bottom of the 4th depending on value. After that, we don't even know what we will have for comp picks. Still need a starter in the slot too.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

go pak go wrote:
05 Feb 2024 09:44
Jonathan Brooks suffered an ACL injury in early November. So drafting him would probably put him as an October return which is in line with a PUP status.

I think Brooks is the best RB in this class. The unknown is how he will be after the ACL but I wouldn't be upset if we took him at all. My next option would probably be Corum in Round 3 or so.
Good point. The injury might make it more of a red shirt year and the 3rd round might be high on that risk. I still love the talent and worth the risk for me. Corum is a good choice and I like that wright from tenn day 3 as an option.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
05 Feb 2024 10:04
go pak go wrote:
05 Feb 2024 09:44

Good point. The injury might make it more of a red shirt year and the 3rd round might be high on that risk. I still love the talent and worth the risk for me. Corum is a good choice and I like that wright from tenn day 3 as an option.
I'm pretty sure Brooks will still go round 2. I think he was a borderline Rd 1/early Rd 2 without the injury.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

If you are going to draft a RB that will start the season on PUP you almost have to keep Dillon. He won't be cheap

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheSkeptic wrote:
05 Feb 2024 12:25
If you are going to draft a RB that will start the season on PUP you almost have to keep Dillon. He won't be cheap
Idk about that. I believe no one is going to bring in Patrick Taylor. Theres also Emmanuel Wilson who looks like a perfectly fine RB2.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 Feb 2024 12:53
TheSkeptic wrote:
Idk about that. I believe no one is going to bring in Patrick Taylor. Theres also Emmanuel Wilson who looks like a perfectly fine RB2.
Don't like Wilson. He has done and shown nothing. I think Taylor is better, and he isn't very good. Need a pick or two. I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Quadzilla at the right price.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

wallyuwl wrote:
05 Feb 2024 12:55
lupedafiasco wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:
Don't like Wilson. He has done and shown nothing. I think Taylor is better, and he isn't very good. Need a pick or two. I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Quadzilla at the right price.
76 PFF grade. 6.1 yards a carry on a limited sample size. He looked really good every chance he’s gotten as a rookie with a pretty poor run blocking line.

I like Wilson quite a bit and I don’t think RB is as high a need as people are making it out to be.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Limited sample size makes it hard to judge. 1 run of 31 and 1 run of 14 skews that average quite a bit. He looked slow/indecisive much of the year. His Dallas game was especially poor. He may bring his Preseason look to the regular season next year, with more experience, but in 2023 he didn't look like a back that should take reps.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
No you don't. Dillon is a guy. He is a JAG. You have anyone else in the lineup besides Dillon and you will get the same production as Dillon - if not more.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 Feb 2024 14:08
wallyuwl wrote:
05 Feb 2024 12:55
lupedafiasco wrote:

76 PFF grade. 6.1 yards a carry on a limited sample size. He looked really good every chance he’s gotten as a rookie with a pretty poor run blocking line.

I like Wilson quite a bit and I don’t think RB is as high a need as people are making it out to be.
we PA about as much as any offense in the league, so success running imho is very important, we've seen what happens when Jones doesn't suit, and neither of Wilson or Taylor made much of a difference, barely a change up from Dillon, the perceived best RB in this class ( in the eyes of our GM) should be scarfed up with whatever slot pick it takes, jmo, :pray: what if Jones can't play? the pass rush will get so fired up, :dunno: Love will be under constant pressure.

Jones is at the stage where his health can't be assured, and we can't go without what he brings to our success, it's all about production to me.