Jeff Hafley Packers new DC

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who?

Who?
30%
Fire Gute
No votes
Fire Murphy
No votes
Fire LaCoach
4%
Fire Hafley
No votes
Super Bowl
65%

Total votes: 23

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Feb 2024 16:31
This is all I can find:
Don't remember where I saw it, but the suggestion was that moving Rebrovich to coach DL and pass rush was to improve communication

Fewer coaches ? Previously you had Montgomery, Rebrovich and Olividatti - maybe now just pass rush and ILB rooms :idn:
IT. IS. TIME

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BSA wrote:
05 Feb 2024 17:03
Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Feb 2024 16:31
This is all I can find:
Don't remember where I saw it, but the suggestion was that moving Rebrovich to coach DL and pass rush was to improve communication

Fewer coaches ? Previously you had Montgomery, Rebrovich and Olividatti - maybe now just pass rush and ILB rooms :idn:
I saw that too, but nothing that was negative.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Hafley just sticking with his buddies

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

That feel when guys you discover that guys you armchair-scouted as NFL Draft prospects are coaching. Life comes at ya fast.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
06 Feb 2024 07:28

thought he would, smart young DL coach who's had success every where he coached. good news

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
06 Feb 2024 07:28

Makes sense to bring in position coaches familiar with his scheme.

Not like he’s hiring a ST coordinator from inside an already failed STs unit. I don’t know why anyone would do something stupid like that.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Hadn't heard of Anthony Campanile

Sold.
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

We may just be breaking that soft mentality.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Labrev wrote:
06 Feb 2024 07:59
That feel when guys you discover that guys you armchair-scouted as NFL Draft prospects are coaching. Life comes at ya fast.
I had Oghobasse in, bare minimum, 10 mocks that year. Loved him coming out of school. Never amounted to much as a player, though.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I was hoping we would transtion to a 4-3. I think our defensive front suits it nicely. Glad to see this happening.

Would like to look at adding another off ball LB in the draft. (Edgerin Cooper)
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

My oldest son is a Dolphins fan (don't worry, he's out of the will) and he said Campanile was really well liked by the Dolphin players and fans. He thought he would replace Fangio. So it looks like we're getting a good one.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Feb 2024 12:37
We may just be breaking that soft mentality.
I hope you are correct, and I suspect you are.

I've been advocating for a complete transformation on the defensive side of the ball for years, including coaching, scheme, mentality, players, you name it.

It looks like that is really happening.

I have not been this excited about the Packers heading into a season since 1996.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Welcome aboard to our new passing game coordinator- Derrick Ansley
Coached for Raiders-Titans-Chargers and now GB. Was DC under Staley for LAC

IT. IS. TIME

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

It's hard to get a read on a coordinator for the unit for which the head coach is calling the shots, even Staley's midseason firing isn't helpful because they promoted a defensive coach who I assume would have handled play-calling.

DBs is Hafley's specialty though so I guess this hiring is not going to be super consequential. And given that pass defense is his specialty, I am inclined to defer to the DC on this one.

Anyway, glad we have finalized our coaching staff on defense and can move onto the draft/FA. Ansley is the only guy I am unsure about, otherwise I really like this group!
—Magneto

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I understand 4 down linemen. The Packers have the players for that, 3 capable DT's as a rotation and 3 capable DE's as a rotation. Personally I think 4 down linemen fits the Packers roster much better than a 3-4 fits their roster.

However they only have 1 starting LB in Quay Walker and a maybe in McDuffie. Possibly they could move Kingsley Enagbare to ILB and ask him to lose 15 pounds, except he tore his ACL at the end of the season. Possibly they can do the same with Brenton Cox but he seems to be a strong guy with limited athletic ability, don't know anything about the others.

The Packers are going to have to find 2 more ILB's if they want to run a 4-3-4. I think it is much more likely that their base will be 4-2-5. They are also going to have to find another CB (maybe Stokes but that is a long shot) and 2 starting quality safeties. Having another draft like last year where they found Van Ness, Musgrave, Reed, Kraft, Wicks, Valentine and Brooks ( 7 starters ) is unlikely. If it were me I would be shopping a OLB for an ILB knowing that if you want someone good you have to give up someone good ( but not Gary or Van Ness ). Or shopping a DT for a safety (but not Clark or Brooks).

Signing a UFA depends on Bakh's contract, if the Packers can't fix that cap problem then they can't do much in free agency.

Gute has his work cut out to give Hafley what he needs.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

TheSkeptic wrote:
07 Feb 2024 04:56
Possibly they could move Kingsley Enagbare to ILB and ask him to lose 15 pounds, except he tore his ACL at the end of the season. Possibly they can do the same with Brenton Cox but he seems to be a strong guy with limited athletic ability, don't know anything about the others.
You literally picked the two least mobile/athletic guys to mention an ILB move. No chance on them.

We'll definitely need to add a couple bodies. But I'm not too concerned about it.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
06 Feb 2024 21:26
BSA wrote:
06 Feb 2024 21:46
Welcome aboard to our new passing game coordinator- Derrick Ansley
Coached for Raiders-Titans-Chargers and now GB. Was DC under Staley for LAC

Didn't the Chargers defense, pass defense in particular, suck under the Staley regime?