Packers new CEO Search Process

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Packers new CEO Search Process

Post by go pak go »

The Green Bay Packers today announced details of the search process for the organization's next leader, who will succeed Mark Murphy, the Packers President and CEO since 2007. Murphy will formally retire in July 2025 when he turns 70, the mandatory retirement age for the position as required by organizational by-laws.

Susan Finco, Packers executive committee vice president and lead director, is chairperson for the search committee of the Packers Board of Directors. Dan Ariens, executive committee secretary and chair of the personnel and compensation committee, is vice chair for the search committee.

"Mark's contributions to the organization have been tremendous," Finco said. "From updating the corporate leadership structure to growing and diversifying revenue to increasing the meaningful impact of the Packers in the community, Mark continues to position the Packers for success. We look forward to his insightful leadership in the next year and a half."

In addition to Finco and Ariens, the search committee is comprised of a diverse cross section of skills and industries represented on the board. It includes Mike Simmer (treasurer, executive committee), DJ Long (executive committee, personnel and compensation committee), Marcia Anderson (executive committee), Karl Schmidt (executive committee), Michael Barber (Packers Foundation chair), Jeff Joerres (investment committee chair), Eddie Garcia (former player, board member at-large), Robyn Davis (board member at-large) and Mike Daniels (board member at-large).

The search committee is working with Korn Ferry, a highly regarded national search firm the organization has worked with previously. The Korn Ferry team is led by Jed Hughes, who brings decades of high-level experience to the process and has worked with the Packers on other top-level searches, including the search that identified Murphy as the recommended candidate to succeed Bob Harlan in 2007.

"We have a long and positive history with the Green Bay Packers and are pleased to be working with the search committee to identify their next leader of this unique and storied franchise," Hughes said. "We take pride in having more than 50 years of experience working with the NFL and its teams." In addition to Hughes, the Korn Ferry team includes Tierney Remick, Divina Gamble and Garrick Yu.

"Our search committee takes this responsibility very seriously as our new leader will shape the Packers' future," Ariens said. "We have been preparing the past several months for this important process, which will be comprehensive and align with NFL rules and requirements, and are pleased to be able to work with Jed Hughes and his team at Korn Ferry."

The search committee's work is expected to take six to nine months. The final step of the process will be for the search committee to present its recommended candidate to the board of directors for a vote. The transition to the new President and CEO will then include a period of working alongside Murphy.

Related Content
https://www.packers.com/news/packers-an ... feb-7-2024
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Good find! Sounds like they're in the first steps to find that new CEO.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

First thing I'd do if I got the job is to fire Joe Barry again. Then hire Dom Capers, just to fire him.
RIP JustJeff

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Here's the team leading the search from the packers side: Finco and Ariens both on left side

And here is Guy Smiley who is leading the search from Korn Ferry along with Tierney Remick and Divina Gamble

https://www.kornferry.com/about-us/cons ... /jedhughes

https://www.kornferry.com/about-us/cons ... rneyremick

https://www.kornferry.com/about-us/cons ... vinagamble

This is such a HUGE hire for the future of the Mighty Green Bay Packers, I hope they get us a good one
IT. IS. TIME

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Are they going to look outside of the organization?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Just hire Lupe to run the place. And put Yooper, Favre, Butler and our best draft analysis poster on retainer.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
07 Feb 2024 14:38
Just hire Lupe to run the place. And put Yooper, Favre, Butler and our best draft analysis poster on retainer.
to late for me, past mandatory retirement age Ringo, I think you and Bogey should be strongly considered though :rotf:

after further consideration Ringo, I believe some of the older members here should also be involved in these critical decisions, possibly limit it to members over 55 :rotf:
Last edited by Yoop on 07 Feb 2024 16:03, edited 1 time in total.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

go pak go wrote:
07 Feb 2024 13:05
"Mark's contributions to the organization have been tremendous," Finco said. "From updating the corporate leadership structure to growing and diversifying revenue to increasing the meaningful impact of the Packers in the community, Mark continues to position the Packers for success.
Should I be concerned that there is no mention of football or winning Super Bowls when discussing his contributions? Bye bye Murphy, I won't miss you. Maybe others will, but I won't.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The weird vitriol toward Murphy is always so interesting.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Feb 2024 15:02
What interests you about it?
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Papa John wrote:
07 Feb 2024 15:01
go pak go wrote:
"Mark's contributions to the organization have been tremendous," Finco said. "From updating the corporate leadership structure to growing and diversifying revenue to increasing the meaningful impact of the Packers in the community, Mark continues to position the Packers for success.
Should I be concerned that there is no mention of football or winning Super Bowls when discussing his contributions? Bye bye Murphy, I won't miss you. Maybe others will, but I won't.
He's got as many as Bob Harlan.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Papa John wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Why? does it have to do with allowing Ted to be GM as long as he was? that my only real complaint with Murphy, he did a lot for revenue building.

when most stadiums are down sizing, he added 10,000 seats or more. jmo

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Agree, won a Super Bowl, did amazing work at Lambeau, stadium is beautiful, functional, state of the art. I think a decent balance between developing around Lambeau, not just taking it over and ‘big city’ing’. Isn’t what it once was for the nostalgic oldies, but it’s unique, appropriate big/small city. All that was essentially needed to land an NFL Draft and he’s bringing that in.

The franchise is on a very very found financial footing.

Maybe wasn’t perfect on the football side, but in the worlds smallest market and no rich owner pockets, we have basically remained perpetually competitive under his watch.

So yeah. Overwhelmingly successful tenure, IMO. Certainly could have been a handful others who would have done better, possibly gotten more super bowls. But he overall did a really great job.

Seems like the people who hate him are the same ones who just seem to hate everyone and use the phrase ‘cut’, ‘fire’, ‘needs to go’ about once every 5 posts, and just can never be placated.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Papa John wrote:
07 Feb 2024 15:06
Pckfn23 wrote:
What interests you about it?
It always seems much more based around misplaced angst over perceived slights than anything real or substantial.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Fine I’ll do it.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Papa John wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yes you should be deeply concerned. The word "Titletown" was good up to the 11th championship (1967). 11 titles in 48 years was very impressive. Vince and Curly were awesome.

Only 2 titles from 1968 to 2023, in effen freakin clusive though. That 55 year period has yielded 2 titles overall.

Roll out the barrel at the end of the 3rd quarter and be happy.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I suppose the biggest question for me and many Packer fans is whether they will hire a "Packer person" or not, meaning a former coach or player. Somebody with roots to GB would have an advantage I think, at least as having a connection to the community and then doing more than lip service to knowing the "Packer way" of doing things.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This is lifted from Matt Schneidman’s daily mailbag article today on The Athletic.

For what it’s worth….

With team president and CEO Mark Murphy now talking about his mandated retirement in 2025 more openly, do you expect his successor to come from within the current organization? — Peter H.

Schneidman:
It seems to be a widely held belief that Ed Policy will replace Murphy. He joined the Packers as vice president and general counsel in 2012 and has held the title of chief operating officer and general counsel since 2018.
That’s him on the right, standing with Russ Ball just prior to the WC game in Dallas.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
07 Feb 2024 18:57
This is lifted from Matt Schneidman’s daily mailbag article today on The Athletic.

For what it’s worth….

With team president and CEO Mark Murphy now talking about his mandated retirement in 2025 more openly, do you expect his successor to come from within the current organization? — Peter H.

Schneidman:
It seems to be a widely held belief that Ed Policy will replace Murphy. He joined the Packers as vice president and general counsel in 2012 and has held the title of chief operating officer and general counsel since 2018.
That’s him on the right, standing with Russ Ball just prior to the WC game in Dallas.

Looks too ponderarive, no focus on super bowls, pass.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Time to spit-shine the old resume...

Hey... do you think going with the green and gold tie and socks is too much for the interview?