Hafley & LaFleur Presser Today

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Hafley & LaFleur Presser Today

Post by NCF »

Jeff Hafley and Matt LaFleur are scheduled to speak to the media at 2:45 today.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Hard to not like this guy. If he gets the players flying around I'll be happy. Haven't seen that here in awhile.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

He's doing well talkin the talk so far. The players will determine if he can walk the walk.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I saw the Hefley presser. About as good as I would hope. It won't mean a think come September. But for today, it was really good.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I just want to see players going to the ball and helping each other. I’m tired of the ball watchers when their team mates need someone to come and support them.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Said the right things. Seems open minded and putting players in position to play fast and succeed.

Polar opposite of Joe

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I like the keep it simple for the players stuff, limit the during the play thinking, quicker reaction times, 3 players going a 100 mph to the ball, better vision to jump pass routes, creative pass rush, all sounds good to me, I think the players we have want this stuff, it sounds aggressive, attacking, versus the let the play come to you Joe Barry, this is, we'll bring the play to you, who wouldn't want to play that style, I bet Alexander is jumping for joy :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Vision and break secondary rules, I'am getting hyped with everything I'am reading about Hafley's plans. heres a little more.

How do you limit explosive plays?" Barnes asked the crowd rhetorically. "Limit busts, limit lost leverages – make sure you’re guys are running to the ball, and limit missed tackles. How do you do that? Let them play fast. If a guy has to think, he’s going to miss tackles. If a guy has to think, he’s going to bust. If a guy has to think, he’s not running to the ball. Make sure they know what they’re doing."

One way the OSU coaches do this is by breaking down the seven different coverage positions into just three: Buzz, Hook, and Deep 1/3.

The Deep 1/3 players are often corners and a free safety playing on top of receivers, keeping everything in front of them and forcing opposing passers to look underneath instead of taking shots downfield. Below that, the Hook defenders drop about 10-12 yards deep near the hash marks while the Buzz players (often called Curl/Flat defenders in other systems) drop about 8-10 yards and sit on top of the numbers.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... verage?amp

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I have to be honest here.

I watched this presser back when it happened and I certainly understand the enthusiasm. Hearing about how you need to maximize the skills of the individuals you have; hearing about having more vision on the ball and QB to contest more balls in the air… these are the things you want to hear. I certainly want to hear them. That’s certainly a start.

But it’s only a start. Saying it, even believing it, is very different than being about to recognize it, plan it, and implement it effectively.

I’m optimistic as I always am. I like what I heard. But it’s still wait and see

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Feb 2024 08:25
I have to be honest here.

I watched this presser back when it happened and I certainly understand the enthusiasm. Hearing about how you need to maximize the skills of the individuals you have; hearing about having more vision on the ball and QB to contest more balls in the air… these are the things you want to hear. I certainly want to hear them. That’s certainly a start.

But it’s only a start. Saying it, even believing it, is very different than being about to recognize it, plan it, and implement it effectively.

I’m optimistic as I always am. I like what I heard. But it’s still wait and see
I like the keeping it simple stuff, less thinking= less stinking, Pete Carroll taught that all the time, his Legion of doom defenses where predicated on simplicity, but with everyone doing there task to near perfection.

your right, seeing is believing, but it's nice to hear what this coach idea's are, and how they seem to align with what most folks have wanted for a while

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
29 Feb 2024 08:52
I like the keeping it simple stuff, less thinking= less stinking, Pete Carroll taught that all the time, his Legion of doom defenses where predicated on simplicity, but with everyone doing there task to near perfection.
oh yes. That, to me, was the biggest thing--can't believe I left it out. I've been saying for a year or two that the players we have on defense are athletes who need to think less rather than instinctive, football IQ guys who are elite processors. So hearing that his players everywhere he went say he made it easier for them and that that is his intentional philosophy... that's great. I love to hear it.

But I just need to see it. Other than his one year at Ohio St, the actual metrics and performances of his teams/players have not stood out. So will he be a single/double? Or a home run? I don't see a strike out here, but I think we may have hit a double not a home run. And I hope that I am proven wrong in the positive way.