Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Considering the cap increase, if we could get him for 50 per, that’d be a good deal for the packers
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Feb 2024 11:42

Considering the cap increase, if we could get him for 50 per, that’d be a good deal for the packers
I would be fine with a deal like this if he had one more year under his belt. Seems premature at this juncture to go over $40 mil per.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
28 Feb 2024 12:00
Drj820 wrote:
28 Feb 2024 11:42

I would be fine with a deal like this if he had one more year under his belt. Seems premature at this juncture to go over $40 mil per.
whats the rush? 50 annual would be his top money, and we can give him that after he proves that he can pick up with how he played against the Cowboys, and if he wants more it wont be much, I'd wait till the middle of the 24 season unless he's willing to take substantially less right now, I'd also get insurance on his contract, doesn't sound like we did that with Bakhtiari, and we'll wish we had if and when it comes to his injury settlement.

has anyone seen the restricted tag figures for that DT from KC? 31 million, It's time to bring in Lloyd's of London to cover the coast of some of these contracts.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Yoop wrote:
28 Feb 2024 12:30

whats the rush? 50 annual would be his top money, and we can give him that after he proves that he can pick up with how he played against the Cowboys, and if he wants more it wont be much, I'd wait till the middle of the 24 season unless he's willing to take substantially less right now, I'd also get insurance on his contract, doesn't sound like we did that with Bakhtiari, and we'll wish we had if and when it comes to his injury settlement.
Agree. But Gute has already said they will work on an extension this summer.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Nice!!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
28 Feb 2024 14:57
Nice!!

Great move by Gutenbumst. I think we cut Preston if Enagbare didnt get hurt at the end of the year. I like Smith but at his age and recognizing he is going to be moving into a reserve role with LVN probably getting more snaps next season, this needed to happen.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Feb 2024 15:21
If he earns it, no qualms here.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

The Packers must have a rotation at DE with Gary, LVN and Preston. Can't count on Enagbare until late in the season if at all. Cox was an UDFA and he is very much a project.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
29 Feb 2024 16:03
The Packers must have a rotation at DE with Gary, LVN and Preston. Can't count on Enagbare until late in the season if at all. Cox was an UDFA and he is very much a project.
Well I think Gary, LVN and Preston is already a great rotation, 600 snaps a piece if all healthy and Enegbare does come back.

But I think you’ll see a lot more of Colby Wooden outside, and to a lesser extent, Karl Brooks.

Can never have enough pass rushers, but throw in Cox and maybe rookies and getting Enegbare back. I don’t think it’s too big of a need personally. But we add a Shaq Barrett, you won’t hear a complaint from me.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

The 2024 Packers season ticket prices have been released. See Packers.com if you're interested.

GOLD Package will get home games 2, 5 and 9.
GREEN Package will get home games 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 and one preseason game.

:beer:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

BF004 wrote:
29 Feb 2024 16:31
TheSkeptic wrote:
29 Feb 2024 16:03
Well I think Gary, LVN and Preston is already a great rotation, 600 snaps a piece if all healthy and Enegbare does come back.

But I think you’ll see a lot more of Colby Wooden outside, and to a lesser extent, Karl Brooks.

Can never have enough pass rushers, but throw in Cox and maybe rookies and getting Enegbare back. I don’t think it’s too big of a need personally. But we add a Shaq Barrett, you won’t hear a complaint from me.
I agree on Wooden but I think Brooks is strictly an inside Dlineman. The Packers need an inside rotation also, which is probably Clark and Slayton as the larger DT and Brooks and Wyatt as the 3 technique. I can see Brooks and Wyatt together when Clark needs a rest. Slayton IMO is the "big" loser as he is likely to only be on the field in short yardage situations.

Of course we don't know if Wooden is working on gaining weight and strength or Brooks is trying to lose but be faster. But it will make the pre-season more interesting. It is very possible that Wooden rather then Cox is the 4th DE.

The new DC has a lot to work with in these guys. Depth plus versatility. I hope they can add enough talent in the backfield, which worries me.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

BF004 wrote:
01 Mar 2024 08:44
like finding a bunch of quarters in the couch on laundry day back in college. Score!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Would the Packers really cut both of them loose…?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Tom wrote a retraction to the part about cutting Jones, seems the team would like to lower the cap hit even lower then the 11.1 mil.

Figured Dillon would be let go, there will be plenty of UFA RB's out there, and a few replacements in the draft, guys like Jones are few.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

11.1M salary, 250K roster bonus, 500K workout bonus.

Just yeah, can't be paying an RB $12 million dollars unless your name rhymes with Shristain PcCaffery right now.

Could get both Josh Jacobs and Alexander Mattison for less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Been saying for a while. Aaron Jones is a phenomenal player. A phenomenal person. You just can’t pay an RB that much. On the open market he’s worth 8M tops at his age on a 1year deal. On a longer deal even less.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Aaron Jones is absolutely worth $12 million if he could give a full season and not have it degrade his perforance at the end of the season.

But what we are finding is Jones doesn't give you a full season and honestly it's better that he doesn't. Aaron Jones screams "use gently until January"
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.