Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

A reminder that we are better at this football thing than the Panthers.
RIP JustJeff

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

paco wrote:
11 Mar 2024 19:03
A reminder that we are better at this football thing than the Panthers.
The information on that tweet is significantly off though.

First of all, the Panthers only traded their 2024 first round pick once :) In addition, they didn't trade their first round pick in 2025 but their second rounder. Nor did they did trade their second round pick in 2023 (they selected Jonathan Mingo with it) but the one they acquired in the trade for McCaffrey.

I don't know why he's considering Burns a one-year rental. He was drafted by the Panthers in 2019 and played for them ever since. On top of that they received a second and a fifth rounder in return for him. Furthermore they received another fourth rounder in 2023 and a fifth rounder in 2024 in the McCaffrey trade.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

That tweet annoys me because they’re including the trade compensation they could have received by trading Burns a year earlier according to reports on the Rams’ offer. That’s why they include a “one year rental” on Burns.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Apparently can only have so many ex Packers on the roster at a time.

*** Edit though I had attached a tweet about this about Vikings releasing Dean Lowry. ***

anyways, thats the news.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drew Lock to the Giants.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Man, am I glad to be rid of the Rodgers circus.

Loved him as a player and don’t necessarily take issue with many of his non-football opinions but, that said, it’s much funner watching and listening to him and the associated media circus from afar than it was with him as QB1.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

For reference, Texans are taking on a 1 year contract for $5.75 million + whatever draft capital.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
12 Mar 2024 15:59
I supported and defended Rodgers the football player, but personally the guy is pond scum, every time he opens his mouth now he makes himself to be a fool ( hard to argue with the crowd who thought that always the case)

family dis owned him, and any quality female he tried to have a relationship with split a year or two later once they realized what a ego maniac he actually.

now this political talk and running with the family rejected Kennedy who sounds like a hit man from the 1950's Mafia family with a mail order degree from the Roco school Allergic Medicine, I dare ya to even try and make something like this up :rotf: :rotf:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

If Rodgers can get RFK to stop running defense for Genocide and break with those running it, I could throw my vote their way. :idn:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Labrev wrote:
13 Mar 2024 16:23
If Rodgers can get RFK to stop running defense for Genocide and break with those running it, I could throw my vote their way. :idn:
Hopefully as a tandem, they can rid our country of all vaccines so our next generation can once again get to experience polio and measles in their worst form. It might not Make America Great Again but why not Make America Sick Again?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

ok guys come on, we know the politics rules.

Rodgers as VP is a funny football story, but we don't have to discuss the agendas.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

APB wrote:
13 Mar 2024 15:03

Loved him as a player and don’t necessarily take issue with many of his non-football opinions but, that said, it’s much funner watching and listening to him and the associated media circus from afar than it was with him as QB1.
I took FLAK on the old forum, circa 2015, for positing the idea that Aaron Rodgers was not 100% mentally committed to football. There were hints back then that he wasn't all in. Now it is obvious. He believes that he is meant for bigger things.

Agree that we are better off without him. I want my QB's committed with a laser focus in the mold of Kobe Bryant.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Papa John wrote:
13 Mar 2024 16:44
APB wrote:

I took FLAK on the old forum, circa 2015, for positing the idea that Aaron Rodgers was not 100% mentally committed to football. There were hints back then that he wasn't all in. Now it is obvious. He believes that he is meant for bigger things.

Agree that we are better off without him. I want my QB's committed with a laser focus in the mold of Kobe Bryant.
He actually explicitly said so himself on Pat McAfee show. I believe his exact quote was "I'm not all-ball all the time."
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Bobby Wagner to Washington for $6-8M

I was mildly intrigued by the impact he could have on a probably young inexperienced LB room. I think Quay is better with a field general next to him so he can play free.

But I’m not torn up about it or anything. Definitely not our current m.o.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Mar 2024 16:39
ok guys come on, we know the politics rules.

Rodgers as VP is a funny football story, but we don't have to discuss the agendas.
Totally get that but Rodgers is whacko. It’s now being reported that he’s shared fake Sandy Hook conspiracy theories in his circle. That to me is beyond politics a d just downright unacceptable.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Papa John wrote:
13 Mar 2024 16:44
APB wrote:

I apologize. You were right.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
13 Mar 2024 16:06
BF004 wrote:
12 Mar 2024 15:59
I supported and defended Rodgers the football player, but personally the guy is pond scum, every time he opens his mouth now he makes himself to be a fool ( hard to argue with the crowd who thought that always the case)

family dis owned him, and any quality female he tried to have a relationship with split a year or two later once they realized what a ego maniac he actually.

now this political talk and running with the family rejected Kennedy who sounds like a hit man from the 1950's Mafia family with a mail order degree from the Roco school Allergic Medicine, I dare ya to even try and make something like this up :rotf: :rotf:
I hear what you are saying. But I think AR12 is a textbook narcissist. You might take that as good or bad. But he is clearly in everything for himself. I'd love it if he proved me wrong. That same desire to excel was about himself. And that same desire leads him to do other stuff that... Well, I'll just leave it there.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Hilarious