Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

paco wrote:
11 Mar 2024 19:03
A reminder that we are better at this football thing than the Panthers.
Heads should roll there for sure.

Guty is top notch.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers getting tons of hate based off a report about “private conversations” from Fake Yapper of CNN.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Jets are reportedly unhappy that Rodgers has not shot down these inquiries, because campaigning for Veep would demand time and attention away from the football season.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Labrev wrote:
14 Mar 2024 09:43
Jets are reportedly unhappy that Rodgers has not shot down these inquiries, because campaigning for Veep would demand time and attention away from the football season.
I don't envy them at all.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I'll let you figure out how this has anything to do with winning (on the football field). But we all know how this will end. He'll continue to say nothing until RFK announces someone else. Then he'll come out and say the media lied and that he was never asked.
image.png
image.png (579.75 KiB) Viewed 613 times
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

It's all about Rodgers being a passive aggressive attention seeking whore. And like I said, if he really says that about Sandy Hook (and this is not politics), then I don't want him anywhere near Lambeau again.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Mar 2024 09:14
Rodgers getting tons of hate based off a report about “private conversations” from Fake Yapper of CNN.
After two different people, one a reporter related how Rodgers told them the Sandy Hook killings was just government hired actors staging it all. My respect for him gets going lower and lower.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Rodgers released a statement about Sandy Hook. Not posting it here, but look it up if you want.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Back to football. Desmond Ridder is probably being traded. Is he worth throwing a low pick at instead of drafting someone?
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I will say: I’m a son of journalists and a fan of journalism in general when done right. And having two sources is usually considered ~ok.

But when you go on the record with something like the Rodgers Sandy Hook news, you better feel REALLY good about the truth/sourcing because it can blow up if you get it wrong.

And having one employee of the organization doing the reporting and one additional anonymous source is pretty thin. I’m not saying I don’t believe the reporting; I’m just saying that I hope they got it on background from a couple more people that this is something he talks about before going to print.

And say what you will about big media corporations—they have agendas and monied backers and everyone gets things wrong from time to time—but they do have a high exposure to defamation suits or legal settlements. With higher visibility/journalistic expectations comes higher damage claims. I mean FoxNews settled for lying about the Dominion voting machines for like $800 million. The penalties for getting big things wrong can be steep.

This is an ugly story and I’d be mildly surprised if Rodgers DOESN’T sue for defamation. Though if he doesn’t, it might be because he knows that what would come out of a judicial discovery process might only make things muddier.

As a football story, this is going to hang over the Jets at least the whole offseason, but probably longer if there’s any legal action.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

paco wrote:
14 Mar 2024 11:57
Back to football. Desmond Ridder is probably being traded. Is he worth throwing a low pick at instead of drafting someone?
Nevermind, was traded to the Cardinals.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
14 Mar 2024 12:23
paco wrote:
Well that was fast.

I didn't want him, though, to answer your first question :lol:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
14 Mar 2024 12:23
paco wrote:
Wait. The trade was for Rondale Moore?! Man, love that for Atlanta. Mooney and Moore give them more speed to pair with their big bodied receivers. Nothing to write home about individually (and big overpay for Mooney), but it's a nice little corps of weapons forming down there.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

paco wrote:
14 Mar 2024 11:56
Rodgers released a statement about Sandy Hook. Not posting it here, but look it up if you want.
Of course his statement was very careful and he never denied telling a reporter that it was an inside job.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Acrobat wrote:
14 Mar 2024 12:48
paco wrote:
Of course his statement was very careful and he never denied telling a reporter that it was an inside job.
I noticed the word salad too. He says “it happened”, never addressed all the other conspiracy’s surrounding the event besides just whether it was a thing that happened or not.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

He should sue them if he didn't say that.

Anyways, I like the entertainment. I hope RFK does pick Rodgers as VP.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

texas wrote:
14 Mar 2024 14:09
He should sue them if he didn't say that.

Anyways, I like the entertainment. I hope RFK does pick Rodgers as VP.
Based on the fact that he didn't deny saying that, I'm guessing there will be no lawsuit.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Mar 2024 13:11
Acrobat wrote:
paco wrote:
I noticed the word salad too. He says “it happened”, never addressed all the other conspiracy’s surrounding the event besides just whether it was a thing that happened or not.
That's a fair amount of dissection and skepticism taking place over what Rodgers has now said publicly. Yet the original report, citing one anonymous source and a journalist recalling memories from a 10+ year old conversation (from a news organization known for getting things wrong), is embraced. Ironic.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

APB wrote:
14 Mar 2024 14:55
Drj820 wrote:
14 Mar 2024 13:11
Acrobat wrote:

That's a fair amount of dissection and skepticism taking place over what Rodgers has now said publicly. Yet the original report, citing one anonymous source and a journalist recalling memories from a 10+ year old conversation (from a news organization known for getting things wrong), is embraced. Ironic.
Not even close. If Rodgers had come out and said "I never once said that Sandy Hook was an inside job", I would have taken it at face value. But he didn't deny it and based on Rodgers lying or giving half truths about other things, I think it's more than fair to draw the conclusion that the CNN report was probably true.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

QB to Washington confirmed.

3 starting QB from last year traded on rookie contracts. Howell, Ridder, and Jones.

No Justin Fields.