Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Acrobat wrote:
14 Mar 2024 15:02
APB wrote:
14 Mar 2024 14:55
Drj820 wrote:
14 Mar 2024 13:11

I noticed the word salad too. He says “it happened”, never addressed all the other conspiracy’s surrounding the event besides just whether it was a thing that happened or not.
That's a fair amount of dissection and skepticism taking place over what Rodgers has now said publicly. Yet the original report, citing one anonymous source and a journalist recalling memories from a 10+ year old conversation (from a news organization known for getting things wrong), is embraced. Ironic.
Not even close. If Rodgers had come out and said "I never once said that Sandy Hook was an inside job", I would have taken it at face value. But he didn't deny it and based on Rodgers lying or giving half truths about other things, I think it's more than fair to draw the conclusion that the CNN report was probably true.
I (and I'm guessing many here) have entertained, at various points, all kinds of theories and conspiracies that, after whatever level of contemplation and research, have found to be baseless. For all we know, this conversation being cited by this reporter might have been very much along those lines. A non-committal private conversation about what-ifs. And that's if the conversation even happened, as reported by the anonymous source.

The fact it's been dredged up immediately following a report over Rodgers potential as a VP running mate should not be lost on anybody. That is intentional and deliberate. It's groundwork to undermine a still popular and vocal football player who may be impactful in the upcoming election.

I take it with a grain of salt but still remain ever so thankful to be watching it from afar as a fan of the GBP and not a fan of the NYJ.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

The handlers say dance, and the monkeys dance. It’s so predictable.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

now people are defending The Rodge, Rage is a better name for this back tracking, half truthful once Packer QB, he lies about everything, "I'am immunized" called out and had to explain that lie, now it's the SAndy hook was a inside Government hit job, I have no doubt that he said it, Him Rogan and now Kennedy are all conspiracist, and imo do it mostly for publicity, there camera freaks.

most of the Kennedy family have dis owned John Junior, just like Rodgers family dis owned him, Rogan probably doesn't even have a family, he seems like a hatch job to me, probably developed in some lab in Russia, who knows, better yet who actually gives two poops :rotf: :rotf:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
14 Mar 2024 15:47
now people are defending The Rodge, Rage is a better name for this back tracking, half truthful once Packer QB, he lies about everything, "I'am immunized" called out and had to explain that lie, now it's the SAndy hook was a inside Government hit job, I have no doubt that he said it, Him Rogan and now Kennedy are all conspiracist, and imo do it mostly for publicity, there camera freaks.

most of the Kennedy family have dis owned John Junior, just like Rodgers family dis owned him, Rogan probably doesn't even have a family, he seems like a hatch job to me, probably developed in some lab in Russia, who knows, better yet who actually gives two poops :rotf: :rotf:
Not so much defending Rodgers as realizing the games opposing political parties play on one another through their useful idiots in the media.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

APB wrote:
14 Mar 2024 15:31
Acrobat wrote:
14 Mar 2024 15:02
APB wrote:
14 Mar 2024 14:55

That's a fair amount of dissection and skepticism taking place over what Rodgers has now said publicly. Yet the original report, citing one anonymous source and a journalist recalling memories from a 10+ year old conversation (from a news organization known for getting things wrong), is embraced. Ironic.
Not even close. If Rodgers had come out and said "I never once said that Sandy Hook was an inside job", I would have taken it at face value. But he didn't deny it and based on Rodgers lying or giving half truths about other things, I think it's more than fair to draw the conclusion that the CNN report was probably true.
I (and I'm guessing many here) have entertained, at various points, all kinds of theories and conspiracies that, after whatever level of contemplation and research, have found to be baseless. For all we know, this conversation being cited by this reporter may have been very much along those lines. A non-committal private conversation about what-ifs. And that's if the conversation even happened, as reported by the anonymous source.

The fact it's been dredged up immediately following a report over Rodgers potential as a VP running mate should not be lost on anybody. That is intentional and deliberate. It's groundwork to undermine a still popular and vocal football player who may be impactful in the upcoming election.

I take it with a grain of salt but still remain ever so thankful to be watching it from afar as a fan of the GBP and not a fan of the NYJ.
Agree with that!

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Acrobat wrote:
14 Mar 2024 14:35
texas wrote:
14 Mar 2024 14:09
He should sue them if he didn't say that.

Anyways, I like the entertainment. I hope RFK does pick Rodgers as VP.
Based on the fact that he didn't deny saying that, I'm guessing there will be no lawsuit.
Yeah maybe.

The Dog That Didn't Bark isn't a foolproof heuristic for uncovering truth though.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Man.

Gotta admit, I’m a little jealous.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Woah. I love Keenan Allen. Dang.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

So what’s this mean for their QB situation?

There has been a ton of QB movement…but not Fields.

And now this?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Another WR on the move. This could be dangerous.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I hope Allen is washed. Wanted him as a Packer for a long time. But I hope this takes Bears out of drafting a top WR. It won't but hope they screw it up.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

And Herbert should demand a trade. He's got no one.
RIP JustJeff

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

paco wrote:
14 Mar 2024 22:00
I hope Allen is washed. Wanted him as a Packer for a long time. But I hope this takes Bears out of drafting a top WR. It won't but hope they screw it up.
While Allen is up there in age he still was very productive last year. In only 13 games he caught 108 passes for 1,243 yards and seven TDs.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
14 Mar 2024 22:03
And Herbert should demand a trade. He's got no one.
Oh no no no.

In Harbaugh they trust...remember?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I guess the Chargers FO asked Keenan Allen to take a pay cut and he declined. So they shipped him off to Chicago.

And here I thought the Packers did Aaron Jones raw...

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Allen probably has another season or two of good production. He did slow down a bit in the 2nd half of last season and then was shelved due to injury. Plus, Chicago doesn’t have a competent QB.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Eh, guess I’m not too worried about Allen.

Bears making so many dumb short 1-2 year moves right now, when they have zero chance of competing.

They still have probably the worst collective OL and DL in football and they are giving up draft picks for a very expensive WR who won’t help them win in 3 years.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

We faced Allen last year. He had a couple uncharacteristic drops, but the plays were there to be made.

The question in my mind is less if he can still play and more if Fields will get him the ball when the play is there.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Allen = $23.1 mil cap hit

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
15 Mar 2024 06:37
I guess the Chargers FO asked Keenan Allen to take a pay cut and he declined. So they shipped him off to Chicago.

And here I thought the Packers did Aaron Jones raw...
Money, Money, Money,------------ Moneyyyyyyy

Millions and Millions,have GM's tightening the pocket books, it's no more of what have you done for me lately, and more of what will your production (or lack of it) cost me tomorrow, naturally older vets are the first to go.