Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Mar 2024 14:33
BF004 wrote:
15 Mar 2024 14:15
So Bears seemed to have moved onto Caleb.

Commanders traded Howell and have no one.

Patriots traded Jones and have no one.

So Vikings must be looking to like 4-6 to take McCarthy?

Unless somehow they move up to #1.

#11, #23 and Justin Jefferson?

Or just ‘25 and ‘26 firsts and maybe more?
I think they’re going up to 5. All reports are the Cardinals desperately want MHJ. Chargers really don’t have good value picking at 5 with what they need. Makes sense for them to move down.
Cardinals could really take a ransom there. Last spot to guarantee getting yourself a QB and pretty know you gotta beat what the Vikings can offer.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Campbell went weird
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
15 Mar 2024 14:38
lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:
15 Mar 2024 14:15
So Bears seemed to have moved onto Caleb.

Commanders traded Howell and have no one.

Patriots traded Jones and have no one.

So Vikings must be looking to like 4-6 to take McCarthy?

Unless somehow they move up to #1.

#11, #23 and Justin Jefferson?

Or just ‘25 and ‘26 firsts and maybe more?
I think they’re going up to 5. All reports are the Cardinals desperately want MHJ. Chargers really don’t have good value picking at 5 with what they need. Makes sense for them to move down.
Cardinals could really take a ransom there. Last spot to guarantee getting yourself a QB and pretty know you gotta beat what the Vikings can offer.
Unless the Vikings want Maye, which I've seen from some people. They may have to get to 2 or 3 for him.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
15 Mar 2024 14:42
BF004 wrote:
15 Mar 2024 14:38
lupedafiasco wrote:

Unless the Vikings want Maye, which I've seen from some people. They may have to get to 2 or 3 for him.
Washington nor New England have QB’s. They both traded Howell and Jones. Simply can’t imagine either moving back. Chicago still the only top 3 wild card, imo. At least even the means to be a wild card.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Mar 2024 14:41

Campbell went weird
He said this same thing when he left Atlanta. The fact of the matter is he has been a relatively average LB his whole career except one phenomenal year.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Who outside of Washington or New England still need a QB? Minnesota (pick 11, 23), NYG (6), Denver (12), Vegas (13)? Is that the list?

If Chicago decides to stick with Fields - and god I hope they do - they could trade back and still get a high quality draft pick this year along with whatever additional picks are gained.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

There’s no way in hell the Bears stick with Fields. Just no way. It’s so hard to get the top pick in the draft. They’re going to get a QB on a rookie deal with the potential to be top 10. They know Fields will never be top 10.

They’ll draft Caleb and wait to see which team is left with their pants down at QB and trade Fields for a 4th or something.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Mar 2024 16:24
There’s no way in hell the Bears stick with Fields. Just no way. It’s so hard to get the top pick in the draft. They’re going to get a QB on a rookie deal with the potential to be top 10. They know Fields will never be top 10.

They’ll draft Caleb and wait to see which team is left with their pants down at QB and trade Fields for a 4th or something.
I agree and would absolutely go that route but I also think they misplayed the leverage they had with Fields. There has been a ton of QB movement and the demand for him is greatly diminished, I think.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

At this point really just hoping Bears take Caleb. I think he is going to be nowhere near as good as the hype says he will be. I'd rather take that chance than see them get an absolute haul for the pick in trade.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

No Bak to the Jets??

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

APB wrote:
15 Mar 2024 16:13
Who outside of Washington or New England still need a QB? Minnesota (pick 11, 23), NYG (6), Denver (12), Vegas (13)? Is that the list?

If Chicago decides to stick with Fields - and god I hope they do - they could trade back and still get a high quality draft pick this year along with whatever additional picks are gained.
Here's the thing. If Chicago picks a QB they will screw him up just like they did the last 4 QB's they picked in the first round. Remember, they picked Trubisiky while Mahomes was on the board. I have every faith that Chicago will screw the pooch in their QB pick.

Fields
Trubisky
Grossman
McCown.

I have about as much faith in my team picking a good QB as well.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Raptorman wrote:
15 Mar 2024 20:54
APB wrote:

Here's the thing. If Chicago picks a QB they will screw him up just like they did the last 4 QB's they picked in the first round. Remember, they picked Trubisiky while Mahomes was on the board. I have every faith that Chicago will screw the pooch in their QB pick.

Fields
Trubisky
Grossman
McCown.

I am, and have been, convinced, that Chicago's QB problems stem from deep within the culture. It's not just of a matter of they haven't picked the right guy. Cutler had superior physical talent. That franchise just does not know how to mold good QB's.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Papa John wrote:
16 Mar 2024 09:32
Raptorman wrote:
15 Mar 2024 20:54
APB wrote:

Fields
Trubisky
Grossman
McCown.

I am, and have been, convinced, that Chicago's QB problems stem from deep within the culture. It's not just of a matter of they haven't picked the right guy. Cutler had superior physical talent. That franchise just does not know how to mold good QB's.
Keeping a defensive minded HC with luke warm support is a terrible start.

Read More. Post Less.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

I think that Allen Robinson among others first signaled to the league their willingness to fade into mediocrity by signing with the Bares. Never thought Keenan Allen would take that path, but my new name for him is K. Allen Robinson. :rotf:

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

hope his 2 yd bubble screen game is ready

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

:rotf:
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

A 2025 6th.

:shock: :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Oh my gosh. :shock: :shock:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Caleb Williams to CHI.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."