Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Andy discloses he had Surgery last monday for acid reflux, possibly a result of hanging in NM with Scott and eating all that hot sauce :rotf:

discusses off season additions/ subtractions, OL, resigning Wilson, Dillon's contract with Small guarantee's, how he'll have to earn his keep, competition for Kicker Carlson, possible need for another edge rusher..

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
23 Mar 2024 11:50
Andy discloses he had Surgery last monday for acid reflux, possibly a result of hanging in NM with Scott and eating all that hot sauce :rotf:

discusses off season additions/ subtractions, OL, resigning Wilson, Dillon's contract with Small guarantee's, how he'll have to earn his keep, competition for Kicker Carlson, possible need for another edge rusher..

Yoop, you'd be surprised how many midwesterners and "Sconies" come down here and LOVE the green chili.

I didn't see Andy. But if he ever comes down, I'll be sure to pack him up with loads of salsa to bring up for the PackerNation.

BTW, there is a BIG difference between ketchup with chili and real SALSA. hahahaha
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Scott4Pack wrote:
23 Mar 2024 18:35
Yoop wrote:
23 Mar 2024 11:50

Yoop, you'd be surprised how many midwesterners and "Sconies" come down here and LOVE the green chili.

I didn't see Andy. But if he ever comes down, I'll be sure to pack him up with loads of salsa to bring up for the PackerNation.

BTW, there is a BIG difference between ketchup with chili and real SALSA. hahahaha
BTW also. There's also a difference (not necessarily BIG) between a Margarita and a Ginger Hammer. :aok:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Gutey’s owners meeting press availability:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
26 Mar 2024 10:55
In other words: me and my client know Carlson sucks.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

wallyuwl wrote:
26 Mar 2024 11:12
paco wrote:
26 Mar 2024 10:55
In other words: me and my client know Carlson sucks.
Oddly enough, Joseph indirectly replaced Daniel Carlson in Minnesota. It turns out he didn't suck and is now one of the leagues better kickers.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

So how badly is this going to screw with the draft? It's my understanding the lease isn't actually up for another 9 years. Is this just Green Bay playing hardball? Or the Packers being cheap?
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
26 Mar 2024 13:14
. Is this just Green Bay playing hardball? Or the Packers being cheap?
Yes

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
26 Mar 2024 14:26
paco wrote:
26 Mar 2024 13:14
. Is this just Green Bay playing hardball? Or the Packers being cheap?
Yes
Green Bay proper is turning into a craphole.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

It’s Green Bay playing hard ball. That city would die in a matter of a few years without Lambeau.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The other side of the story…

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

In most large cities, a team could come or go and nobody would really notice. If the Packers left GB the collapse would be complete.

Outside of a half % sales tax that expired almost a decade ago, the Packers have paid their own way with revenue and stock sales and have brought so much to a city that very much needed it.

Really &%$@ look for a city that should be more grateful.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So to summarize my understanding, Green Bay and the Packers are in the middle of a mutually agreed upon long-term lease that still has 18 years remaining until the lease expires.

The Packers want to put some dollar upgrades in Lambeau but to move forward, want to re-look at the lease with Green Bay by effectively lowering the rent to free up cash to help pay for the improvements.

Green Bay has spent months in open dialogue with the Packers and both sides appeared open to work together; however, the written proposal from the Packers included none of the verbal terms that the City wanted and therefore we are now at a stand still.

And because of this, the obvious conclusion thanks to our posters is Green Bay is a crap hole and greedy.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The Packers should have the city of Green Bay over a barrel. If the Packers moved fans would still be fans. You’d lose some but for the most part they have one of the largest out of market fan bases. It wouldn’t hurt them much. In fact it would probably help them if they moved to say, Milwaukee.

As for Green Bay they are so reliant on Lambeau field. All those hotels would fail instantly. The bars would all die. The restaurants would tank. The Air BnB scene would take a &%$@. Property values probably plummet 100s of 1000s.

That’s all the negotiations I would bring to the table.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Old article with dividends collected by city from reno 20+ years ago, that must have saved the tax payers.

both the Gazzette and Journal have pay walls so I was able to find just how much the lowered rent/lease will cost joe tax payer???

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/st ... 817065002/

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

I'm convinced the city of Green Bay is aware that there's no way they could afford to lose the Packers, therefore an extension of the lease will be signed at some point. It's unfortunate that it seems the renovation of the lower concourse won't be finished before the draft because of their disagreement though.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

go pak go wrote:
26 Mar 2024 21:05
So to summarize my understanding, Green Bay and the Packers are in the middle of a mutually agreed upon long-term lease that still has 18 years remaining until the lease expires.

The Packers want to put some dollar upgrades in Lambeau but to move forward, want to re-look at the lease with Green Bay by effectively lowering the rent to free up cash to help pay for the improvements.

Green Bay has spent months in open dialogue with the Packers and both sides appeared open to work together; however, the written proposal from the Packers included none of the verbal terms that the City wanted and therefore we are now at a stand still.

And because of this, the obvious conclusion thanks to our posters is Green Bay is a crap hole and greedy.
If not for the success of the Packers over the past 30 years, GB would already be one. People wouldn’t be making fun of Beloit anymore, GB would have taken its place.

They do have a pretty long lease in place. Regardless, I unlike other teams who have city tax payers foot half of the bill for their rich owner, the Packers have mostly been supported by their fans. Outside of the half % sales tax that has expired.

The Packers bring in for the city every 2 years what they took out over 15 years or so. Not including the area improvements and investments in tech or the million dollar grants given by the Packers to area entities, not from the city of GB.

They shouldn’t be saying, no we’re not talking anymore about anything.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

musclestang wrote:
27 Mar 2024 05:15
go pak go wrote:
26 Mar 2024 21:05

If not for the success of the Packers over the past 30 years, GB would already be one. People wouldn’t be making fun of Beloit anymore, GB would have taken its place.

They do have a pretty long lease in place. Regardless, I unlike other teams who have city tax payers foot half of the bill for their rich owner, the Packers have mostly been supported by their fans. Outside of the half % sales tax that has expired.

The Packers bring in for the city every 2 years what they took out over 15 years or so. Not including the area improvements and investments in tech or the million dollar grants given by the Packers to area entities, not from the city of GB.

They shouldn’t be saying, no we’re not talking anymore about anything.
I can hear Curly now, gives us that damn lease agreement or where moving the team to Janesville tomorrow, see what your tax payers have to say about that, since when did you and the town think you are bigger or more important then this team? :rotf: