2024 Draft Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Biggest Need

QB
No votes
RB
11%
WR
No votes
TE
No votes
OL
15%
DL
4%
EDGE
6%
LB
19%
CB
18%
S
26%

Total votes: 72

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
08 Apr 2024 13:01
Anyone see what his RAS is as a CB?
Yes, I spelled his name wrong.
image.png
image.png (238.24 KiB) Viewed 437 times
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
08 Apr 2024 13:00
Pick 92 instead of 89 would actually be slightly more even according to trade value charts.
We have 88 and 91. You are off a pick somewhere.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
08 Apr 2024 13:11
BF004 wrote:
08 Apr 2024 13:00
Pick 92 instead of 89 would actually be slightly more even according to trade value charts.
We have 88 and 91. You are off a pick somewhere.
Miami pick 86 forfeited, found it.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Are the Titans a sneaky spot for a QB? Are they really all-in on Levis?

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I'm the only one struggling to keep Fashanu, Fautanu and Fuaga situated?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
08 Apr 2024 14:46
I'm the only one struggling to keep Fashanu, Fautanu and Fuaga situated?
I thought they were the same person that everyone just kept miss-spelling. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’m seriously coming around to the idea of just taking 5 OL this year.

We got a ton of picks, only current OL depth is Newman, Tenuta and Caleb Jones. I wouldn’t shed a tear if none of them make the roster.

I think you got Elgton Jenkins as your backup LT, he was decent there when he played. Clear he never got a feel for RT or his knee wasn’t just back yet, but he just seems better at LT.

But then you need 2 tackles regardless, hoping one of them can just be a top backup without having to move Jenkins or Tom(who I just wouldn’t move anymore). Then just 3 guys in the middle. 2 interior only types who can snap, hoping one of them can start in ‘25 at center (love Bortolini for that) and maybe more of an total flex, tackle body with short arms kind of guy.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
08 Apr 2024 15:15
I’m seriously coming around to the idea of just taking 5 OL this year.

We got a ton of picks, only current OL depth is Newman, Tenuta and Caleb Jones. I wouldn’t shed a tear if none of them make the roster.

I think you got Elgton Jenkins as your backup LT, he was decent there when he played. Clear he never got a feel for RT or his knee wasn’t just back yet, but he just seems better at LT.

But then you need 2 tackles regardless, hoping one of them can just be a top backup without having to move Jenkins or Tom(who I just wouldn’t move anymore). Then just 3 guys in the middle. 2 interior only types who can snap, hoping one of them can start in ‘25 at center (love Bortolini for that) and maybe more of an total flex, tackle body with short arms kind of guy.
Don't be greedy, other teams need OL man too :rotf: :rotf:

again Toms is a LT masquerading as a RT, the kids got the feet to do that if need be and RT are easier to find, even late rounds, Walker seems like our LT of the future but we have people in case of injury that can fill it, I'am thinking we can take care of the OL issues in late 2 or 3rd or 4th rounds.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Apr 2024 23:19
I went to redig into the CB position group because I’m starting to believe that’s what we are taking. Super impressed with Kamari Lassiter. His coverage is actually insane. He won’t be a player to come away with interceptions but he will shut down who ever he’s lined up across from, inside or out. He’s so good at the catch point at getting the ball out of a receivers hands.

Could be a trade down target. I think a slight reach for a stick and pick considering he won’t make field tilting plays. Still he never allowed a single TD his whole career.
Just decided to look into this player you are mentioning. This guy doesn't have a great 40 times (which isn't everything), but appears to play physical and definitely has natural coverage ability as you mentioned. Has good hips and turns fluid or whatever. He can cover. Maybe an Al Harris type corner.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Al Harris is an EXCELLENT Kamari Lassiter upside comp

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
08 Apr 2024 10:20
Right. So if the Packers really like someone instead of adding to our 11 picks let's go get that guy. Can be in any round. My point is I don't want 15 guys this year. Let's get 7 or 8 of the prospects they really want.

I'm not against trading down if you get a great offer and don't like the board I just feel this is the year to plug in the few guys you really like and be aggressive in landing them
The Packers should definitely pull the trigger on a prospect if he presents the best value on their draft board. On the other side, I wouldn't mind them moving back some spots if they end up having several players ranked equally once they're on the clock.
Yoop wrote:
08 Apr 2024 17:35
again Toms is a LT masquerading as a RT, the kids got the feet to do that if need be and RT are easier to find, even late rounds, Walker seems like our LT of the future but we have people in case of injury that can fill it, I'am thinking we can take care of the OL issues in late 2 or 3rd or 4th rounds.
Walker performed admirably after Bakhtiari was lost for the season but I don't feel confident about declaring him the left tackle of the future moving forward yet.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
08 Apr 2024 13:09
BF004 wrote:
image.png
I feel like RAS without the agility component is sort of useless. I mean the jumps definitely count for something, but it’s easy to be straight-line fast/explosive OR quick-twitch. It’s the ones who are both that are rare enough to bestow extra value onto.

And DeJean’s question mark is the twitch, not the straight line. So a high RAS doesn’t change anyone’s eval, I’d think

I like Cooper; no hate. Just not much of a value add to see an athleticism composite score without the actual question mark in his game addressed

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

NCF wrote:
08 Apr 2024 14:45
Bumping this as I am curious what thoughts are.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I didn't watch TEN but the snippets of their games that I saw made it look like Levis showed just enough that you roll with him for a year, see how he does going into the season as 'The Guy' and I think you need to use your draft capital to help him succeed (so getting WR and OL, which are both strong in this draft, whereas top QB talent will probably dry up ahead of their pick).

He probably only gets a year to prove himself, though, but then if it he faceplants, you are probably in better position to get a top QB next year than they are this year.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
09 Apr 2024 08:15
paco wrote:
08 Apr 2024 13:09
BF004 wrote:
image.png
I feel like RAS without the agility component is sort of useless. I mean the jumps definitely count for something, but it’s easy to be straight-line fast/explosive OR quick-twitch. It’s the ones who are both that are rare enough to bestow extra value onto.

And DeJean’s question mark is the twitch, not the straight line. So a high RAS doesn’t change anyone’s eval, I’d think

I like Cooper; no hate. Just not much of a value add to see an athleticism composite score without the actual question mark in his game addressed
I agree. With the changes in the combine and starting to see guys do less, I have a bad feeling RAS is living on borrowed time. It's a great tool, but if the combine dies, its going to be much harder.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
09 Apr 2024 08:49
NCF wrote:
08 Apr 2024 14:45
Bumping this as I am curious what thoughts are.
They shouldn't be a sneaky spot. Not sure why more aren't talking about them as a spot. Levis, Mason Rudolph and Malik Wilson aren't the group I'd want. But maybe they think one of them with Ridley and Hopkins is enough.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
09 Apr 2024 12:17
YoHoChecko wrote:
09 Apr 2024 08:15

I agree. With the changes in the combine and starting to see guys do less, I have a bad feeling RAS is living on borrowed time. It's a great tool, but if the combine dies, its going to be much harder.
It seems to me like the training is just specializing where you maximize training for speed and explosiveness (40 and jumps) before the combine then maximize training for agility for the pro day.

So very few people do both of those at the same time. If you workout at both combine and pro day, you usually (with some notable exceptions) get almost all of the tests. But if you only work out once, guys are picking one out the other.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Low 4.4 with explosion, I wonder if you reverse course with McKinney if you draft DeJean: have Cooper play the free-safety and X play in the box. McKinney is a quality FS and I know that's the plan, but he may be a bit better as the do-it-all guy, and it's also kind of the plan by default because we have no one at S and that position is harder to find. DeJean is best with eyes on the QB (Andy just did a video on him), has high IQ, and the test scores suggest he has the range.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
09 Apr 2024 14:50
Low 4.4 with explosion, I wonder if you reverse course with McKinney if you draft DeJean: have Cooper play the free-safety and X play in the box. McKinney is a quality FS and I know that's the plan, but he may be a bit better as the do-it-all guy, and it's also kind of the plan by default because we have no one at S and that position is harder to find. DeJean is best with eyes on the QB (Andy just did a video on him), has high IQ, and the test scores suggest he has the range.
I think Jeff Hafley prefers them to do both. He said in his presser he wants both safeties the ability to do both to reduce predictability. Obviously one will be more dominant in one role but I like that line of thinking as well.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.