Final Draft Takes / Bold Predictions

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Bears still suck

Chargers wouldn't even use a WR
No votes
Packers would absolutely be willing to take a guard at 25
36%
Rome Odunze is the best WR in the class
18%
We should trade up for Terrion Arnold
18%
Joe Alt will not be a Titan
18%
I plan on drinking 25 beers before we pick at 25.
9%

Total votes: 11

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Since I don’t have a lot of time, here goes;

This will be the one draft where everything falls Green Bay’s way.

Graham Barton
Edgerrin Cooper
Javon Bullard
Trey Benson
Kingsley Suamataia

A couple of players on day 3
Sione Vaki
Chris Boyd
Love is the answer…

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think we are trading up tonight. I just think there’s too many day 2 picks. Someone is going to fall that Gutey is going to like and he will pull the trigger. I don’t think it’ll be our early 2nd but I could see it being the late 2nd or one of the 3rds for sure.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Apr 2024 09:42
I think we are trading up tonight. I just think there’s too many day 2 picks. Someone is going to fall that Gutey is going to like and he will pull the trigger. I don’t think it’ll be our early 2nd but I could see it being the late 2nd or one of the 3rds for sure.
I hope he doesn't trade up in the first, it would require giving up a 1 next year or a second rounder this year. Those Day 2 picks are just as important and are the heart of any good team (besides QB). I would prefer just staying put and keeping all 5 top 91 picks. If there is a OL or RB or LB in R4 they really like, then trade up then.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl wrote:
25 Apr 2024 10:11
lupedafiasco wrote:
I hope he doesn't trade up in the first, it would require giving up a 1 next year or a second rounder this year.
Gute has traded up 3 times in the first round and has never given up a future first or a second

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

wallyuwl wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
I hope he doesn't trade up in the first, it would require giving up a 1 next year or a second rounder this year. Those Day 2 picks are just as important and are the heart of any good team (besides QB). I would prefer just staying put and keeping all 5 top 91 picks. If there is a OL or RB or LB in R4 they really like, then trade up then.
I would prefer to stay or move down myself but I just really think a player is going to fall making it worth moving.

Not a shot he traded a future pick or the early second though. I’m sure of that.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Apr 2024 10:38
wallyuwl wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
I would prefer to stay or move down myself but I just really think a player is going to fall making it worth moving.

Not a shot he traded a future pick or the early second though. I’m sure of that.
Could happen (players falling) with GM's losing their minds taking every half assed QB way too early. Hopefully this happens. Its all good for the Pack

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Some things I think:

- The Chargers-Latham hype is just bored reporters trying to mix things up and overthinking Harbaugh's "unpredictability," not real fire. Latham is a great fit for them, but that doesn't mean he'll go at 5.

- I DO NOT buy the Penix/Nix hype. They don't get picked today.

- If Bowers falls past 10, the Rams move up (to 12 with the Broncos, if they can't move up to get a top 4 QB) to select him.

- The Bills and Cowboys are being treated like contenders who need to nail this draft by the media, but both teams are actually in a better place to do mini-rebuilds. I'd guess both teams are more likely to trade back than trade up.

- DeJean goes before 25

- One Xavier get drafted tonight (Worthy, Legette)

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

My big prediction is that most of the players we pick will be guys I have never heard of

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

My prediction is that the press will glom all over how the Vikings and da Bears have one of the best draft hauls ever.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Now hopefully after the Vikings just had to take JJ MC, someone will move up to take NIX or Denver just takes him. That would make the QB nonsense complete helping he Packers. :banana:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Apr 2024 12:00

- The Bills and Cowboys are being treated like contenders who need to nail this draft by the media, but both teams are actually in a better place to do mini-rebuilds. I'd guess both teams are more likely to trade back than trade up.
Cowboys move back

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Apr 2024 22:04
YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Apr 2024 12:00

Cowboys move back
Bills also move back.

Nailed one thing in this draft and this is that thing.