2023 packers positivity only 🪡

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
16 Feb 2024 17:37
Scott4Pack wrote:
16 Feb 2024 12:45
Cdragon wrote:
14 Feb 2024 14:18
I think one of the biggest things going forward is the amount of rookies who have gotten meaningful reps. And highly successful reps at that. They are going to be running into year 2 like it is their 3rd year. They know they can compete. I expect the offense to jump off the page early in the year! :banana:
Now that is positive. Maybe even overly-optimistic. I expect they will suck in September, only because they always do. But if they don't suck, it's gonna be a heckuva season for sure!
No we usually suck in October - through mid November.
Most likely the Packers will have a new safety and a new starting ILB in addition to definitely having a new D coordinator. There will be growing pains, but by mid season I expect the entire league will dread having to play the Packers.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:
Cdragon wrote:
14 Feb 2024 14:18
I think one of the biggest things going forward is the amount of rookies who have gotten meaningful reps. And highly successful reps at that. They are going to be running into year 2 like it is their 3rd year. They know they can compete. I expect the offense to jump off the page early in the year! :banana:
Now that is positive. Maybe even overly-optimistic. I expect they will suck in September, only because they always do. But if they don't suck, it's gonna be a heckuva season for sure!
See thread title.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

APB wrote:
17 Feb 2024 09:13
go pak go wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

See thread title.
...but if they kill it from then on...

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Half Empty wrote:
17 Feb 2024 09:24
APB wrote:
17 Feb 2024 09:13
go pak go wrote:

See thread title.
...but if they kill it from then on...
...but when they kill it from then on... There, fixed it for you

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

New positivity: Doubs, Watson and Reed autographs on the same Packers mini-helmet.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
01 Apr 2024 18:37
New positivity: Doubs, Watson and Reed autographs on the same Packers mini-helmet.
Are you gonna try to get Wicks or any others too?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Scott4Pack wrote:
06 Apr 2024 11:18
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Yes, I hope to get Wicks, Melton, and the 2 TEs (Kraft and Musgrave) whenever the occasion arises. Then Jordan Love if there's still room for him. This can be viewed as a "cleansing" exercise. A new and promising era in Packers offense.

No more Cobb, Lazard, Big Dog, Jimmy Graham, etc. hype. :aok:

The 2010 receiver corp and the pre-1996 Brooks Sharpe receiver corp was great. The 1983 receiver corp (Lofton, Jefferson, Coffman) was greater. The 1962 receiver corp (R. Kramer, Dowler, McGee) was epic. If the stars line up correctly, the 2024 receiver corp could compete as well.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
06 Apr 2024 12:11
Scott4Pack wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Yes, I hope to get Wicks, Melton, and the 2 TEs (Kraft and Musgrave) whenever the occasion arises. Then Jordan Love if there's still room for him. This can be viewed as a "cleansing" exercise. A new and promising era in Packers offense.

The 2010 receiver corp and the pre-1996 Brooks Sharpe receiver corp were great. The 1983 receiver corp (Lofton, Jefferson, Coffman) was greater. The 1962 receiver corp (R. Kramer, Dowler, McGee) was epic. If the stars line up correctly, the 2024 receiver corp could compete as well.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
06 Apr 2024 12:11
Scott4Pack wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

The 2010 receiver corp and the pre-1996 Brooks Sharpe receiver corp was great. The 1983 receiver corp (Lofton, Jefferson, Coffman) was greater. The 1962 receiver corp (R. Kramer, Dowler, McGee) was epic. If the stars line up correctly, the 2024 receiver corp could compete as well.
You have a wealth of riches. Fantastic.

I just scored my first mini helmet, with Sterling Sharpe's signature. I'm really pleased with that. But as I'm not a collector of stuff, that might be the only mini that I ever get. I can be happy with that one.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

It appears that the Packers filled all the holes in FA and the draft.

Safety went from a liability to a probable strength.
Stokes and Watson appear to be fully healthy. The Packers did not need to draft any WR's and the only CB was a 7th round project.
2 drafted ILB's that will immediately improve depth.
Both OT and IOL backups.

Ready for a legitimate SB run

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
28 Apr 2024 04:54

Stokes and Watson appear to be fully healthy. The Packers did not need to draft any WR's and the only CB was a 7th round project.
Both OT and IOL backups.

And the kicker could be the kicker.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
28 Apr 2024 15:10
TheSkeptic wrote:
28 Apr 2024 04:54

Both OT and IOL backups.

And the kicker could be the kicker.
Yeah but I think a large part of the kicker's problems were the long snapper and guess what position is on the UDFA.