Rank the Roster 2024: #2

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers

Poll ended at 30 Apr 2024 22:41

Jaire Alexander
30%
Kenny Clark
15%
Rashan Gary
36%
Elgton Jenkins
No votes
Christian Watson
3%
Preston Smith
No votes
AJ Dillon
No votes
Keisean Nixon
No votes
Quay Walker
No votes
Devonte Wyatt
No votes
Zach Tom
9%
Lukas Van Ness
No votes
Josh Myers
No votes
Eric Stokes
No votes
Luke Musgrave
No votes
TJ Slaton
No votes
Kingsley Enagbare
No votes
Jayden Reed
No votes
Samori Toure
6%

Total votes: 33

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2024 19:23
lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Apr 2024 19:08
Now I get wanting beat up on Jaire because he had some controversies going on last year but to say his play fell off in one breath and then vote Gary over him who has still not had a double digit season yet in 5 seasons is crazy to me.

Gary’s peak is a good edge player. Not great when you look across the league at the who’s who of pass rushers. Gary isn’t even debatably top 10.

Jaire is undoubtedly a top 10 CB and I think you can easily debate he’s top 5 as well.
Jaw is a top 10 CB when at his peak but Gary is also a top pass rusher at his peak. No other Packers defensive player has taken over a game more than Gary the last 5 years besides Z Smith.

Gary's peak is elite and it often shows up in big games. Gary just needs to drive consistency which, up to this point, can largely be blamed on the injury. Gary was ridiculously good at the end of 2021. Picked up pretty good in 2022 before the ACL tear and exploded in 2023 before trailing off the last month and a half. Right now Gary's disappearance can be blamed on injury. 2024 will answer that.

Rashan Gary's 2021 Divisional Round Playoff game was the largest defensive Packer dominated playoff performance since Reggie White.

Clark, Gary and Jaw are all amazing at their peak. The question is which one will play at their peak this year.
Jaire is a top 1 CB at his peak.

Gary had 11 games without a sack last season. 11! He only had 2 games with more than 1 sack. I’m not saying that Gary is a bad player. He’s fine but he doesn’t belong to be in the same tier as Jaire. 1 game with more than 4 tackles! These players aren’t being held at the same standard for some reason.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I’m with @lupedafiasco on this one.

I’d have thought the current argument would’ve been reversed for the players involved. Jaire is the more accomplished and consistently good player. He deserves this spot well ahead of Gary, in my mind.

I also think a WR is entering the zone for consideration. The problem is guessing which one…?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Where's Mckinney?
RIP JustJeff

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
30 Apr 2024 20:01
NCF wrote:
30 Apr 2024 08:28
X, Jacobs, Tucker and Romeo need to be on the list as they should start getting votes around slot 5.
Dontavion Wicks, too. I suspect he may be the true star among this receiving corps.
Yeah, Wicks should also be in the list. And Toure, Nixon, Dillon and Myers should not be, at least not yet

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
30 Apr 2024 20:01
NCF wrote:
30 Apr 2024 08:28
X, Jacobs, Tucker and Romeo need to be on the list as they should start getting votes around slot 5.
Dontavion Wicks, too. I suspect he may be the true star among this receiving corps.
Good call.

Read More. Post Less.