Rank the Roster 2024: #4

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers

Poll ended at 03 May 2024 08:04

Kenny Clark
23%
Elgton Jenkins
23%
Christian Watson
3%
Preston Smith
3%
AJ Dillon
No votes
Keisean Nixon
No votes
Quay Walker
No votes
Romeo Doubs
No votes
Devonte Wyatt
No votes
Zach Tom
27%
Lukas Van Ness
No votes
Josh Myers
No votes
Eric Stokes
No votes
Luke Musgrave
No votes
TJ Slaton
No votes
Kingsley Enagbare
No votes
Jayden Reed
No votes
Xavier McKinney
13%
Josh Jacobs
7%
Tucker Kraft
No votes

Total votes: 30

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2024: #4

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2024 Edition

1. Jordan Love (53%)[+8]
2. Rashan Gary (36%)[+3]
3. Jaire Alexander (48%)[-2]
4. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2023 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2023
Rank the Roster: 2022
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

tom and Jenkins for me, Clark on deck, and after Clark is where I would have slotted Gary, but hey everyone to there own opinions :banana:

I hope Gary reads this and reaches down and yanks his head :rotf:

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

I'm kind of stumped on this one, going to listen to arguments.

Leaning Clark and Watson but I definitely could be convinced to go Jenkins, Tom, Walker, Jacobs, or McKinney

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

You could take around 8 guys here. Some will go above and beyond, hopefully all of them. I'll go Watson hoping the new trainers will keep him on the field.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Kenny then Big E.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
02 May 2024 08:54
Kenny then Big E.
Same, but in reverse order.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Aw dammit Waldo, whyd you kill my unfunny Toure meme?! :(

Tom. He plays all five at a high level, Jenkins used to but has since struggled at T while Tom has thrived there, and the ability to play outside is most valuable for an OL.

Tom is also an every-down player on offense. I think Clark's positive impact not only is lower than Tom on most plays but he also does not play every snap at DL, so i see him as less valuable.

Next up probably McKinney.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
02 May 2024 09:09
Aw dammit Waldo, whyd you kill my unfunny Toure meme?! :(

Tom. He plays all five at a high level, Jenkins used to but has since struggled at T while Tom has thrived there, and the ability to play outside is most valuable for an OL.

Tom is also an every-down player on offense. I think Clark's positive impact not only is lower than Tom on most plays but he also does not play every snap at DL, so i see him as less valuable.

Next up probably McKinney.
I actually think if we floated Jenkins outside now he'd do much better, takes a while for a player to regain confidence from a injury, specially so when tasked with something they haven't done in a while, maybe not as well as Tom obviously, but better.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I went with our two new FA additions, X and Jacobs.

For Jacobs, I'll restate what I wrote in the #3 slot thread:
I went offense with my second pick: Josh Jacobs.

Where would we have voted Aaron Jones were he still a Packer? My guess is he'd have battled for these 2-4 picks. Jacobs, in the eyes of management, is the better player. The fact he's getting no mention in the comments is curious to me.
As far as McKinney, Hafley has been open about what he needs to make his defense work. The Packers went out and got arguably the biggest FA of the off-season to fill that need. If this defense is finally gonna perform as a top level unit, and I believe it will, it'll be because McKinney has solidified the back end and allows the attacking style defense Hafley wants to run.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Clark then Tom.

Love big E but I believe Tom has passed him esp in versatility.

This is a tight group of about 5-7 players. That's a good thing and shows this roster is stacked

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I did Tom and McKinney.

I think Tom is ascending where as I have felt Jenkins and Clark have dissapointed the last two seasons. Clark had a great pass rushing season but hes been pretty bad against the run for a few years now. Jenkins has just been pretty since tearing his ACL. Nothing spectacular though.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
02 May 2024 10:02
I did Tom and McKinney.

I think Tom is ascending where as I have felt Jenkins and Clark have dissapointed the last two seasons. Clark had a great pass rushing season but hes been pretty bad against the run for a few years now. Jenkins has just been pretty since tearing his ACL. Nothing spectacular though.
I think Jenkins was better last year than his PFF grade would have people believe. He was the rock between a first time starter and Josh Myers. Despite this, he didn't give up a sack the entire year. I don't know what more people want from him. Tom did amazing last year, but he can still be targeted by opposing defenses and the league's best pass rushers.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
02 May 2024 10:56
lupedafiasco wrote:
02 May 2024 10:02
I did Tom and McKinney.

I think Jenkins was better last year than his PFF grade would have people believe. He was the rock between a first time starter and Josh Myers. Despite this, he didn't give up a sack the entire year. I don't know what more people want from him. Tom did amazing last year, but he can still be targeted by opposing defenses and the league's best pass rushers.
Jenkins had a sore back for the first 8 games according to a report I read, as to Toms he faced the best edge rushers in the league, and for the last 10 games of the season was a top 5 over all tackle, like 2 sacks and 6 hurries, I think everyone loves both players, with Tom, folks are not sure how much to like a 4th round under sized tackle :rotf:

but he's bad to the bone, dancing Bear, I bet his mommy made him take Ballet lessons as a child, it's rumored that Rashad Gary cries when the coaches make him go up against Mr. Tom :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by Yoop on 02 May 2024 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

1. Tom
2. Jenkins
3. Clark
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
02 May 2024 09:51
I went with our two new FA additions, X and Jacobs.

For Jacobs, I'll restate what I wrote in the #3 slot thread:
I went offense with my second pick: Josh Jacobs.

Where would we have voted Aaron Jones were he still a Packer? My guess is he'd have battled for these 2-4 picks. Jacobs, in the eyes of management, is the better player. The fact he's getting no mention in the comments is curious to me.
As far as McKinney, Hafley has been open about what he needs to make his defense work. The Packers went out and got arguably the biggest FA of the off-season to fill that need. If this defense is finally gonna perform as a top level unit, and I believe it will, it'll be because McKinney has solidified the back end and allows the attacking style defense Hafley wants to run.
I did as well. If I had to rank between the two, I would be X at #4. He will likely be our Green Dot.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Can’t have your deep center fielding safety as a green dot. Defensive lineman won’t be able to hear them. The reason why every team has their ILB with the dot is for the combine e of communication.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
02 May 2024 15:37
Can’t have your deep center fielding safety as a green dot. Defensive lineman won’t be able to hear them. The reason why every team has their ILB with the dot is for the combine e of communication.
Most teams give the green dot to LBs. But safeties have had it lately.

Derwin James, Devin McCourty, Jordan Fuller, Eric Weddle, Chuck Clark and Geno Stone have all had the green dot.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Too late to vote but I would have voted for Watson first. No one else not already taken has ever taken over a game like Watson has done. Assuming he is healthy, he will do it again and again all season. He is, if healthy, the best WR in the league. And WR is a lot more impactful than a lineman.

#2 I would probably have chosen Jacobs. Haven't seen him play but if he is, as reported, better than Aaron Jones, then he could also take over a game.