Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Seems Nixon thinks Henry Ruggs III has paid his price and should be released from prison for the whole DUI/vehicular manslaughter thing

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Random question, probably directed at @RingoCStarrQB more than anyone...

If the team doesn't want to officially retire #5, why won't they assign the jersey number to anyone? I don't get the unofficially retired bit.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
01 May 2024 08:18

If the team doesn't want to officially retire #5, why won't they assign the jersey number to anyone? I don't get the unofficially retired bit.
would think it's because of the gambling and suspension, yet he was one of the most famous Packer players.

now with gambling being legalized to the degree it is, we should make the #5 retirement official, jmo

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

NCF wrote:

Probably for the same or a related reason the powers that be won't put Jack Vainisi's name on the Ring of Glory facade. Nothing makes any sense with these bureaucrats sometimes.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
01 May 2024 08:52
NCF wrote:

Probably for the same or a related reason the powers that be won't put Jack Vainisi's name on the Ring of Glory facade. Nothing makes any sense with these bureaucrats sometimes.
over shadowed by Vince and died prior to team stardom, your right though, real neglect not to show more respect to that era's team builder, 13 HOF members drafted in 10 year span, no one has ever accomplished that since and never will again, your right, his name deserves to be on the ring of honor :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I'm pretty sure I have seen #5 and maybe even #1 during preseason games but then they make a number change come September.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
01 May 2024 11:08
I'm pretty sure I have seen #5 and maybe even #1 during preseason games but then they make a number change come September.
Since Majkowski wore #5 in 1987, I don't think you will find one. I think you are correct about #5 in a random preseason over the years, but never #1. There again, why is it inconsistent? Did someone just forget one offseason?

Read More. Post Less.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
Right. That's been the case at least since Ron Wolf came to town. They only give out #5 or #1 when they run out of other numbers. #12 will probably be treated the same until Rodgers goes into the Packers HoF and it's officially retired.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Per Drj820:

REPORT: CHRISTIAN WATSON TO HAVE MASSIVE BREAKOUT, HEALTHY, YEAR.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

NCF wrote:
01 May 2024 12:12
go pak go wrote:
Since Majkowski wore #5 in 1987, I don't think you will find one. I think you are correct about #5 in a random preseason over the years, but never #1. There again, why is it inconsistent? Did someone just forget one offseason?
2014:

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
go pak go wrote:
I mean I get it. 90 players...only so many numbers to go around. And yes there have been times where numbers have been doubled up (offensive player and defensive player both wearing the same number in a game)
image.png
image.png (342.83 KiB) Viewed 409 times
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
01 May 2024 12:35
NCF wrote:
go pak go wrote:
2014:

Nice find. I stand corrected.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Labrev wrote:
01 May 2024 16:58
Mr. Magoo is moving from QB to WR:
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2024 ... o-receiver
Is it me or is that even more of a longshot for him from 4th in a 3-man race to 9th in a 6-man race

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Respect to Mr maggoo for doing what he needs to do to improve his chances to stay in the league, but it is probably time he researches the requirements for an insurance license in his state…
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 May 2024 23:29
Labrev wrote:
01 May 2024 16:58
Mr. Magoo is moving from QB to WR:
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2024 ... o-receiver
Is it me or is that even more of a longshot for him from 4th in a 3-man race to 9th in a 6-man race
I thought the same thing. I'm guessing he's looking at his prospects for success beyond the Packer roster. There are a heckuva lot more bottom roster WRs out there than QBs. That, or maybe he's trying to carve out a multi-position role with the team?

In any case, he's a long shot to make the roster.

I wonder how the fanbase would respond to the Packers potentially letting another Taysom Hill walk out the door?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Warning: serious vulgarity usage but it's too funny to pass up.

If you follow the Pat McAfee show, you know one of his guys is a huge Packer fan. The Detroit fans give it to him and he gives it right back. :lol:

https://www.tiktok.com/@patmcafeeshowof ... 8738190638

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
02 May 2024 06:27

I wonder how the fanbase would respond to the Packers potentially letting another Taysom Hill walk out the door?
I had the same thought. Broncos could use another weapon for Payton to utilize and a QB situation that isn’t a bad reason to put a wildcat package in :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
02 May 2024 07:09
Warning: serious vulgarity usage but it's too funny to pass up.

If you follow the Pat McAfee show, you know one of his guys is a huge Packer fan. The Detroit fans give it to him and he gives it right back. :lol:

https://www.tiktok.com/@patmcafeeshowof ... 8738190638
:rotf: :rotf:

and we get to do a shout back next spring, we have a lot of Lions fans in the U. P. rarely heard them much till last year, now they act like barn yard rosters, funny actually

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

APB wrote:
02 May 2024 06:27

I'm fine with it. he's a cool story. He found a heck of a niche and made some cash doing it. But at the end of the day he was an extremely limited QB who won less than another extremely limited QB named Tebow. he could catch the ball on designed plays when defenses were caught sleeping. But couldn't run routes like legit TE's or WR's. He could run the ball on a confused defense, but then he wasn't any better at it than RB's were. and if we ever took the ball out of AR's hands to put it in Hill's for a gadget play I'd want the coach fired.

He was a cool story because he was a heck of an athlete, but your RB's, TE's, WR's and QB's should all be able to do the job better than he could i'm not a fan of taking a more capable and talented player off the field to put in a less capable one. I wouldn't take Love off the field for a gadget player even. He's better at all of it than the gadget.