Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

New Year, same thread :lol:

I think Adams' comments are overreported because everyone wants him to be a diva and force his way out of a crummy QB/offense situation in Vegas, but he's still a pretty cool guy who isn't taking the bait, but he's open and media friendly so he says ENOUGH that people find crumbs to pick up

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I give props to Adams for being honest. Usually this is when everybody, with benefit of hindsight says, "oh yeah I knew he would be great"
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

It says older players just don't pay as close attention to players on the team who don't live in the same circle as they do.

same as with Rodgers and all the young receivers, that was blown out of proportion too.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Adams should have never said that stuff about not being able to risk Love not being good because he was focused on his legacy.

I mean its just comedic justice that he would now be stuck in the raiders QB situation. Its sad because I like Adams, but...
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Hopefully Adams and his family are happier, but a massive miscalculation for sure on his part.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Personally I am glad Adams isn't a Packer. I thought at first I wanted him to help grow Love's confidence. But I think Love and the Pack are better off without Adams now.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

go pak go wrote:
01 May 2024 12:39
Personally I am glad Adams isn't a Packer. I thought at first I wanted him to help grow Love's confidence. But I think Love and the Pack are better off without Adams now.
Yeah having that one guy you have to force feed could have slowed down Love's development. With a ton of kids, you look around and hit the open man.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Maybe Love is a better gamer than practice player. AR is so disciplines and so precise with everything, he showed early on (2005) in practice he had something special. It might have taken Love actually playing in real games to show what he had even to those close to him. Thus these comments from Adams and also Murphy earlier last summer saying they would need half a season to see how he does.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
Me too. We probably would not have Watson and Doubs and Wicks and Melton. Instead we would have a player at the end of his career with a huge cap hit.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
Same. Let him be the alpha in the locker room without these other alphas looking over his shoulder

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Cdragon wrote:
01 May 2024 19:22
go pak go wrote:
Yeah having that one guy you have to force feed could have slowed down Love's development. With a ton of kids, you look around and hit the open man.

tend to agree, specially when the drop from #1 to #2 is wide, the goal is to move the chains, and the guy most consistently able to do that is going to get the ball more, obviously some tunnel vision will result, and we saw that with AR and Adams.

always said, better to be in the situation we are now, then we had been since 2016, even though we had Adams.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
04 May 2024 15:53
Cdragon wrote:
go pak go wrote:

tend to agree, specially when the drop from #1 to #2 is wide, the goal is to move the chains, and the guy most consistently able to do that is going to get the ball more, obviously some tunnel vision will result, and we saw that with AR and Adams.

always said, better to be in the situation we are now, then we had been since 2016, even though we had Adams.
Harken back to the days when our #2 receivers (the guys behind James Lofton for example) were "just OK". Perry Kemp, Walter Stanley, Phil E-P-P-S, to name a few. The after Lofton departed guys like Query, Schroeder, Clayton. Our new receiver corp is awesome compared to the post John Jefferson #2 receiver years. Even Davante's #2s weren't all that great near the end of the Rodgers era. Lazard and an aging Randall Cobb..........gimme and everyone else a break. Oh yeah.........what about the time period when we had Janis. Or Abbreveris, St. Brown, Valdez-Scantling :nuts: :beer:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
04 May 2024 21:16
Yoop wrote:
04 May 2024 15:53
Cdragon wrote:

Harken back to the days when our #2 receivers (the guys behind James Lofton for example) were "just OK". Perry Kemp, Walter Stanley, Phil E-P-P-S, to name a few. The after Lofton departed guys like Query, Schroeder, Clayton. Our new receiver corp is awesome compared to the post John Jefferson #2 receiver years. Even Davante's #2s weren't all that great near the end of the Rodgers era. Lazard and an aging Randall Cobb..........gimme and everyone else a break. Oh yeah.........what about the time period when we had Janis. Or Abbreveris, St. Brown, Valdez-Scantling :nuts: :beer:
a quote from Ron Wolf speaks volumes, Ron (paraphrased) "if I could do one thing over, I would have gotten better receivers"

He used FA and brought in Howard, Jackson and Rison and we won a SB :aok:

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Sorry but there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't be better with Davante Adams on it.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
04 May 2024 21:16
Oh yeah.........what about the time period when we had Janis. Or Abbreveris, St. Brown, Valdez-Scantling :nuts: :beer:
Same draft capital we used to get Melton, Doubs, Heath, and Wicks.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

mnkcarp wrote:
05 May 2024 09:41
Sorry but there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't be better with Davante Adams on it.
no, no, no, that is not the question :rotf: :rotf: it's Adams and tier 3 and 4 talent, versus 2 or 3, 2nd tier receivers like what we appear to have now, 1 or 2 could even become 1st tier

IMO Adams is like a 1+ tier talent, not many like that, your right any team would benefit having a receiver of that caliber, thats why they get 30 plus million a year :mrgreen:

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Yoop wrote:
05 May 2024 12:15
mnkcarp wrote:
no, no, no, that is not the question :rotf: :rotf: it's Adams and tier 3 and 4 talent, versus 2 or 3, 2nd tier receivers like what we appear to have now, 1 or 2 could even become 1st tier

IMO Adams is like a 1+ tier talent, not many like that, your right any team would benefit having a receiver of that caliber, thats why they get 30 plus million a year :mrgreen:
You've made the question what you want, but the original remark was that Love and the Packers are better off without Adams. We're better off financially, for sure, but we're not a better football team or quarterback because we don't have Adams.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

mnkcarp wrote:
05 May 2024 12:48
Yoop wrote:
05 May 2024 12:15
mnkcarp wrote:

You've made the question what you want, but the original remark was that Love and the Packers are better off without Adams. We're better off financially, for sure, but we're not a better football team or quarterback because we don't have Adams.
:idn: