2025 NFL Draft

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

mnkcarp wrote:
02 May 2024 16:15
I'd love to go. We need a forum get together for it.
That would be awesome.

I expect to be working the draft event, but haven't heard any details yet.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 May 2024 08:33
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 May 2024 12:33
Does anyone know if there is parking lot camping somewhere?
@BF004 do you see RVs in lots on game days? It used to be a thing in the glove factory parking lot, but not sure it is anymore.
Not in the lot no.

There are some spots behind like the Bar, in that area, where some RV's will park up longer term. Otherwise scout any local campgrounds and book up before it fills.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Bogey wrote:
03 May 2024 12:42
Acrobat wrote:
03 May 2024 09:42
Anyone have experience using AirBnB to rent out their home? I live in De Pere, and my family and I are heavily considering renting it out and taking a mini vacay.
Here's where to sign up: https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hostin ... airbnb-490
This is on the Packers website.
https://www.greenbay.com/rent-your-home/
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
03 May 2024 10:11
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 May 2024 08:33
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 May 2024 12:33
Does anyone know if there is parking lot camping somewhere?
@BF004 do you see RVs in lots on game days? It used to be a thing in the glove factory parking lot, but not sure it is anymore.
LOL, we were just complaining about the glove factory. Like, why the hell is that still there?
That was the soap shop. The glove factory connected to Badger State.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

slim pickins out there for options to stay. But there are a few that are reasonable depending how long you want to stay. But they are probably 40 minutes away.

So the question is, do I want to have to drive in and out every day? That limits my ability to get &%$@. But I likely wouldn't do it that much anyway, but you never know.

Do I even want to attend more than 1 day? I was initially thinking about checking in Wednesday and out Saturday.

So many questions. But I'm really thinking about booking 1 or 2 of these as long as they have free cancellation. Then can figure it out. But kind of feel like if I don't book soon, I'll have to travel from home which would suck (2.5 hours 1 way).
RIP JustJeff

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Being curious I just checked some airbnbs in GB. On average wed-sunday. 10k :shock: not a ton of options but man if you live in GB...good week to make a buck

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

I’ll be at day 2, not sure if will do 1 or 2?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I'm thinking to just drive up and back to Green Bay on Wednesday morning the day before the draft to get in the mood, take a look at how things ended up getting set up, etc. Then just watch from home on TV on Thur, Fri and Sat. I'm not a fan of standing for more than a couple of hours any more ............. Packers games are the exception but then again at Packers games I can sit on my aluminum bench seat (with 22 inches wide real estate) if I get tired of standing at a Packers game. Based on what I saw on TV in Detroit.........the draft is basically a standing room only marathon (no place to sit really).

Oh ............ if someone organizes a pre-draft Packers-Huddle.com tailgate event please keep me posted. This goes for Packers Green Package home games as well.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Acrobat wrote:
03 May 2024 09:42
Anyone have experience using AirBnB to rent out their home? I live in De Pere, and my family and I are heavily considering renting it out and taking a mini vacay.
What? Your in De Pere?
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

@Acrobat how big is the driveway? I got a 29' travel trailer I would love to park in walking distance of Lambeau!!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

So how much you think a 3 bed 1 bath house a 15 min walk north of Lambeau could fetch per night?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
03 May 2024 22:03
I'm thinking to just drive up and back to Green Bay on Wednesday morning the day before the draft to get in the mood, take a look at how things ended up getting set up, etc. Then just watch from home on TV on Thur, Fri and Sat. I'm not a fan of standing for more than a couple of hours any more ............. Packers games are the exception but then again at Packers games I can sit on my aluminum bench seat (with 22 inches wide real estate) if I get tired of standing at a Packers game. Based on what I saw on TV in Detroit.........the draft is basically a standing room only marathon (no place to sit really).

Oh ............ if someone organizes a pre-draft Packers-Huddle.com tailgate event please keep me posted. This goes for Packers Green Package home games as well.
It's sad, but the standing is a big thing for me too. Not sure I can do it all day. Can't imagine it'll be easy to find a place to sit, even for a few minutes.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
03 May 2024 22:49
So how much you think a 3 bed 1 bath house a 15 min walk north of Lambeau could fetch per night?
Crappy hotels are getting $500-$1000 a night. Shoot for the moon.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

wallyuwl wrote:
$1800 a night, easy.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
03 May 2024 22:51
wallyuwl wrote:
Crappy hotels are getting $500-$1000 a night. Shoot for the moon.
Trying to get my parents to rent their place. They could stay in the cabin up north (75 miles NW of GB). Say they don't want anyone in their house though.

I live in Oshkosh (45 min from Lambeau) right off the interstate, easy drive to GB (without 300k extra people around).

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 May 2024 22:48
@Acrobat how big is the driveway? I got a 29' travel trailer I would love to park in walking distance of Lambeau!!
He's in De Pere, probably 3 miles or so away from the stadium.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

What if a bunch of us pitch in to split an airbnb? It'll be a home base for folks to park, party, sleep, and to just come and go as one pleases (but must pay a minimum amount towards it before you get the address).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I say we just occupy Hinterland and set up an encampment.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I know this is going to upset many, but the draft should not be somewhere that accommodations within a reasonable distance are in the $1500+ minimal range
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Drj820 wrote:
04 May 2024 10:29
I know this is going to upset many, but the draft should not be somewhere that accommodations within a reasonable distance are in the $1500+ minimal range
Same dirt different shovel on Packers home game gamedays for accommodations in Titletown. Greed at it's very finest.