Rank the Roster 2024: #7

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers

Poll ended at 09 May 2024 07:41

Elgton Jenkins
47%
Christian Watson
13%
Preston Smith
3%
AJ Dillon
No votes
Keisean Nixon
No votes
Quay Walker
3%
Romeo Doubs
No votes
Devonte Wyatt
3%
Lukas Van Ness
No votes
Josh Myers
No votes
Eric Stokes
No votes
Luke Musgrave
No votes
TJ Slaton
No votes
Kingsley Enagbare
No votes
Jayden Reed
3%
Josh Jacobs
28%
Tucker Kraft
No votes
Jordan Morgan
No votes
Javon Bullard
No votes
MarShawn Lloyd
No votes

Total votes: 32

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
08 May 2024 13:13
APB wrote:
08 May 2024 09:23
TheSkeptic wrote:
08 May 2024 09:15
Watson and Jacobs. No way on God's green earth that any IOL is better than an all Pro Bowl and All Pro RB who has never had less than 1000 scrimmage yards and has gone over 2000 yards 1 season. Oh yeah, he won the Jim Brown award and has been ranked as the 12th best player in the entire NFL. Jenkins might be the 12th best Packer but not higher.

As for Watson, 6'4 210 pound WR's with 4.3 speed don't grow on trees. Oh yeah, in 2 seasons, 14 TD's is not too shabby either.
What he said, Jacobs being the preferred choice.

I have Wicks and Watson projected to be the top two WRs this year, for what its worth. Love me some Elgton but his position value and his non-elite play of late are knocking him back a few pegs in my voting hierarchy.

My pining for Wicks to be added has thus far gone unnoticed. Perhaps this will help:

#snubbed

This is cementing my stance for Wicks as WR1. Just the nuance he showed as a rookie and the quick twitch he has physically, he is going to get open a lot.

most people don't think a slot receiver can be a #1, but times change, offense evolution imo says they can, now we are see more interior passing, more up tempo get the ball out quick, when the pass rush is intense, the QB can't wait for deeper routes to clear, he has to get rid of it, run, or get buried, and who better to dump it off to then a player like Reed

imo whom ever can keep the offense on the field, move the chains should also be in the conversation as the #1, I feel Reed may be the most targeted receiver we have, might not have the yardage total of Wicks etc. but the catch count will be.

thanks for sharing, great to see comradery, I think both could really dominate this season, I'am more excited for these two then others.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This roster is winning a SB.

Our players are freaking roommates for crying out loud.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
08 May 2024 14:11

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 May 2024 11:39
TheSkeptic wrote:
08 May 2024 10:35
Lets put it this way:
If a QB screws up bad, he throws a pick 6.
If a RB screws up bad. he fumbles away the ball
If a receiver screws up bad he runs the wrong route and the ball gets picked off.
If an OT screws up bad the backup QB puts on his helmet.
If a center screws up bad he snaps the ball over the QB's head.
All these things are highly visible and people remember them years later

But if a guard screws up bad he causes a QB pressure or the RB gets dropped for a 1 yard loss.
And nobody notices and everybody has forgotten a few minutes later.
If a guard screws up it's different than if a tackle screws up?
Somehow Earl "False Start" Dotson stayed on the field.